rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 02:25 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
have to work
Old 12-20-2007, 05:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02Wag on 17's
Alpine tomorrow! :RockOn - not mine:

I'll try to take some photos after I'm done eating up the pow!!!!!
Old 12-20-2007, 05:18 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
whoops, wrong thread! (Fing long threads all look the same!!! )

Last edited by brucelee; 12-20-2007 at 09:44 PM.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by Lowball
Alpine tomorrow! :RockOn - not mine:

I'll try to take some photos after I'm done eating up the pow!!!!!
How was Alpine? I was at Kirkwood on Fri. Too bad Thur's storms was pretty much done with by just after lunchtime, according to a few folks I talked with out there. So everything was all tracked out.

I read that they got ALL the lifts running yesterday, so there was a buncha pow to be had, esp. on the backside. When looking up fr: Chair 11 on Fri, the Wall looked like it needed a couple more "healthy" storms. It looked really sketchy to try to hit up w/ all the exposed rock peppering the slopes.

Temps have been -and- will remain nice & cold. So the slopes should stay in decent shape. The Wood had a snow-making gun blasting ALL DAY on Fri to get the Stomping Grounds park in shape for this weekend. Hopefully they'll add a li'l natural stuff w/ the weak systems coming thru this week. I'm hoping to brave the crowds on Fri... dunno where yet.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:00 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02Wag on 17's
Originally Posted by boardoholic
How was Alpine? I was at Kirkwood on Fri. Too bad Thur's storms was pretty much done with by just after lunchtime, according to a few folks I talked with out there. So everything was all tracked out.
It was good, but like you said most everything was tracked out from Thursday. Summit-6 didn't open until 2 so the line was pretty long at Roundhouse. The snow was really nice though, even on the groomed runs. They still need a couple of feet on the off piste stuff; took some pretty heavy scrapes on the board. All in all it was a good 1st day, just wish I would have stayed long enough to hit the 6 all the way to the top (left at about 1:45).

Waiting for the next big storm unless I feel like groomers or park stuff. Just hope it gets here before February; having another kid on the 23-ish. Don't think the wife will want me leaving her for powder. Wife, powder, wife, powder...decisions, decisions...
Old 12-24-2007, 04:46 AM

Car Info: WRX 2002
Originally Posted by boardoholic

I read that they got ALL the lifts running yesterday, so there was a buncha pow to be had, esp. on the backside. When looking up fr: Chair 11 on Fri, the Wall looked like it needed a couple more "healthy" storms. It looked really sketchy to try to hit up w/ all the exposed rock peppering the slopes.

Temps have been -and- will remain nice & cold. So the slopes should stay in decent shape. The Wood had a snow-making gun blasting ALL DAY on Fri to get the Stomping Grounds park in shape for this weekend. Hopefully they'll add a li'l natural stuff w/ the weak systems coming thru this week. I'm hoping to brave the crowds on Fri... dunno where yet.
What's up bro. I was up at N* on Sat and it was pretty damn good. Surprisingly it really wasn't all that crowed. I'll be going back up this thursday night and riding all day Friday and Saturday. Hit me up if you end up at the * would be happy to try to keep up with ya for a couple of runs.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:46 AM

Car Info: 07 STI
Sugarbowl on friday was pretty good. The place was empty and had good snow coverage on most runs. It was pretty damn cold too at the summit with the wind chill.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:18 AM

Car Info: you've got an electrical problem.
No snow last night in tahoe.... There was a slight chance.. Didnt payout....
But there is alot of snow on the ground and the runs look like they had good coverage.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:28 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: e39
went to squaw valley that place sucks =( northstar is wayy better and I hurt myself pretty bad. I still need to learn how to stop....But no more snowboarding for me until my leg heals up and I get over my cold.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:48 PM

Car Info: 2011 SWP STI
Northstar > Squaw? No offense, but you must not be a serious rider

Flatstar has a great park and decent tree riding but is nothing compared to Squaw. K2, Siberia, Headwall, Granite Chief, there's a reason why it's called Squallywood
Old 12-24-2007, 02:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: e39
Originally Posted by wrx360
Northstar > Squaw? No offense, but you must not be a serious rider

Flatstar has a great park and decent tree riding but is nothing compared to Squaw. K2, Siberia, Headwall, Granite Chief, there's a reason why it's called Squallywood
naw squaw is great if ur a good boarder/skier. They have really steep hills and everything. But i'm new to boarding i've only gone twice now so i'm looking for places I can practice slowing down and basically just the basics. So i'm looking for slopes that aren't so umm agressive.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:36 PM

Car Info: 07 STI
Originally Posted by tamashi523
naw squaw is great if ur a good boarder/skier. They have really steep hills and everything. But i'm new to boarding i've only gone twice now so i'm looking for places I can practice slowing down and basically just the basics. So i'm looking for slopes that aren't so umm agressive.
Squaw is even better to learn at than North*, it has hella beginner stuff.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:50 PM
2006 Mt Hammy Car Show Winner

Car Info: Black 03 WRX, White 04 E46 M3
For this weekend I would agree with the Northstar > Squaw comment. I went to Squaw on Thursday ($47 college discount ticket) and pretty much everything was closed. They just had a few runs open and the main connecting runs which is pretty much nothing. At the very end of the day they opened up some of the upper lifts but it was too late.

Squaw usually is way better but the fact that everything was closed sorta sucked. Northstar at least had all their lifts running. Overall Northstar is really improving, within the last year there's been a ton of upgrades and the new village is awesome.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:13 PM

does anyone have suggestions where to stay in incline village or surrounding area's? my grand parents got rooms at the HYATT, but only for themselves. butmy faimly wants to hit up the slopes with them this thurs-sunday, but don't know where to stay.

any suggestions?
Old 12-24-2007, 11:25 PM

Car Info: 2011 SWP STI
Originally Posted by dan avoN7
For this weekend I would agree with the Northstar > Squaw comment. I went to Squaw on Thursday ($47 college discount ticket) and pretty much everything was closed. They just had a few runs open and the main connecting runs which is pretty much nothing. At the very end of the day they opened up some of the upper lifts but it was too late.

Squaw usually is way better but the fact that everything was closed sorta sucked. Northstar at least had all their lifts running. Overall Northstar is really improving, within the last year there's been a ton of upgrades and the new village is awesome.
True. Early season I would not go to Squaw but if they're both fully open then Squaw wins hands down especially on a pow day

Don't get me wrong, I like North* but it's no Squaw

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.