rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 11:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by darkonion
I just heard from a friend that Northstar is doing a $35 lift ticket day on the 21st or something. Anyone interested?
I dunno what month you're talking about, but I think ya might have your resorts & dates all mixed up. Though I do know this: Squawllywood has a $35 day for a fundraiser this Sun, Dec 16th! They are only issuing out 1000 tix, so before they run out... ya gotta pre-pay online & pick 'em up @ will call. There are a few other resorts throughout the season, too. But ya just gotta buy the tix at Porters in North Tahoe beforehand. These special tix are usually NOT available for purchase at the resort, except for Alpine.

Here's the info...
http://exined.org/skiing-for-schools
Originally Posted by Skiing for Schools
Skiing for Schools
2007-08 Season Dates:

* Squaw Valley USA - Sunday, Dec. 16*
* Sugar Bowl - Saturday, Dec. 22
* Northstar-at-Tahoe - Sunday, Jan. 6
* Homewood - TBD
* Sugar Bowl - Saturday, Mar. 22
* Alpine Meadows -TBD

* $35 lift tickets are available online at www.Squaw.com

All other Skiing for Schools days will have a limited number of tickets available for purchase ($25) at all Porters locations (Truckee, Tahoe City and Incline Village). Tickets will be available the week prior to each Skiing for Schools day.
For Porters Lake Tahoe locations, click here.

ywia
Old 12-10-2007, 11:38 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
December 21st for Northstar. I am considering it.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:54 PM
VIP Member

Looks like I'm the one who's cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs, bruddah!

N* turns 35 w/ a special $35 lift ticket!!!
http://www.northstarattahoe.com/even...35_anniversary
Celebrate 35 Years of Northstar™ Resort!

On our 35th day of operation you can celebrate 35 Years of Northstar™ Resort by purchasing a $35 lift ticket! Discounted lift tickets are valid on December 21, 2007 only and are only available online through December 20, 2007. Tickets are non-refundable and have no cash value. Please bring your receipt to the Northstar™ Resort Ticket and Season Pass Office or any Ticket window to pick up lift ticket.

Celebrations for Northstar Resort's 35th anniversary continues with an après ski party in the Village with drink specials, birthday cake and live music featuring songs from the 1972 era!

In addition, Vertical Plus™ members will be able to earn an additional 3500 vertical bonus feet for skiing or riding that day!
Should be good since we're getting some more snow in the middle of next week!
Old 12-11-2007, 09:42 AM

Car Info: 2012 G37S / Sold 06 WRX
doh! planned a trip to n* for dec 19/20, and heading to s. lake tahoe on the 21.

booooo
Old 12-11-2007, 10:21 AM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
yeah i'll ditch $15 Boreal for $35 Northstar if coverage is good.

I guess Starbucks hires ninjas to keep tourists from taking pictures, their ninja stars hit your head dead on. lol
Name:  ninjastar-1.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  88.1 KB

Last edited by kYLEMtnCRUZr; 12-11-2007 at 10:35 AM.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:54 AM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
I always knew I'd die by ninjas in front of a Starbucks, I just didnt think it would happen so soon
Old 12-11-2007, 11:10 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
yeah i'll ditch $15 Boreal for $35 Northstar if coverage is good.
Since I have a voucher to get a lift ticket for ONLY $25 at Kirkwood (expires next Sat the 22nd), I was thinking of hitting up Kirkwood next Thurs or Fri. But so far they are super limited on amt of terrain & lift open.

N* has got a decent number o' runs available so far. I may just hit 'em up instead. I really hope it's not too bonkers up there that day! I haven't ridden there in at least 2 or 3 years. Their crowds seem to have gotten way outta hand. They used to be on my list of hitting up once or twice a season, but looks like them Double Whammy's are so affordable that everyone & their grandma is on the mtn.

I'll keep a watchful eye on next week's system as well as both resorts snow reports. We're supposed to get some dumpage everyday starting Mon! Woohoo! I may try to hit up both spots! We'll see.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:49 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Krinkov
so whos all heading up? Im trying to get a cabin going if anyones down
keep me posted on this. Need to see if I still have you cell number. Still the same?

I'd be down for a cabin trip.

I am in the process of planning 6 or so to my cabin in arnold for the year. But I'll be up there probably 3 weekends out of the month anyways.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:52 PM
General Pimpin'

I just got a free ticket for n* so I'm hoping to go over christmas week as I have like 10 days off in a row...which is insane for me to have. Hope I get paid for it..haa.

I have one trip to paso planned for a tattoo and 2 trips to the airport to drop off and pick up my wife. Other than that I plan to snowboard a good 4-6 days.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:02 PM

Car Info: WRX 2002
Originally Posted by boardoholic
Since I have a voucher to get a lift ticket for ONLY $25 at Kirkwood (expires next Sat the 22nd), I was thinking of hitting up Kirkwood next Thurs or Fri. But so far they are super limited on amt of terrain & lift open.

N* has got a decent number o' runs available so far. I may just hit 'em up instead. I really hope it's not too bonkers up there that day! I haven't ridden there in at least 2 or 3 years. Their crowds seem to have gotten way outta hand. They used to be on my list of hitting up once or twice a season, but looks like them Double Whammy's are so affordable that everyone & their grandma is on the mtn.

I'll keep a watchful eye on next week's system as well as both resorts snow reports. We're supposed to get some dumpage everyday starting Mon! Woohoo! I may try to hit up both spots! We'll see.
Good i'm not the only one that saw that we should get a ton of snow starting new monday up at the *. It looks like I'll be up there with some friends on Sat and sunday. If any other of you subie's are going let me know I could use some new people to ride down the slopes with.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:34 PM
VIP Member

I was wondering when da ORIGINATOR was gonna chime in!
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
keep me posted on this. Need to see if I still have you cell number. Still the same?

I'd be down for a cabin trip.

I am in the process of planning 6 or so to my cabin in arnold for the year. But I'll be up there probably 3 weekends out of the month anyways.
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I just got a free ticket for n* so I'm hoping to go over christmas week as I have like 10 days off in a row...which is insane for me to have. Hope I get paid for it..haa.

I have one trip to paso planned for a tattoo and 2 trips to the airport to drop off and pick up my wife. Other than that I plan to snowboard a good 4-6 days.
Looks like a lotta my riding this season will be Winter break... gotta stay focused on school. Gonna be tuff! But there's no way I'm gonna miss out on the world-renowned trips to Bear & chillin' in Arnold. Thanks again for your hospitality. I'm sure we can never thank you & your family enuff.

Originally Posted by Alexbaby
Good i'm not the only one that saw that we should get a ton of snow starting new monday up at the *. It looks like I'll be up there with some friends on Sat and sunday. If any other of you subie's are going let me know I could use some new people to ride down the slopes with.
Great minds think alike. Btw, I sent ya PM earlier. It's a reply I thought I got to already. I'm looking to hit the slopes next week. Just gotta see the timing & accumulations of this system.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:09 PM
General Pimpin'

I've been reading. Keeping quite..haa.

cliff, you're always welcome. Even if I'm not doing an organized trip... If I'm up there. Just stop by....or swing by the brewery..haa.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:04 PM

Car Info: *WiDe AnD LoW*
first thing I did when I got up to northstar on sunday....

oh yea, and according to weather.com...a pretty big storm is about to roll through tahoe again next week. They are saying its going to snow all week.

Last edited by so steezy; 12-11-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:08 PM

Car Info: '06 black 2.5i
Originally Posted by so steezy
first thing I did when I got up to northstar on sunday....

oh yea, and according to weather.com...a pretty big storm is about to roll through tahoe again next week. They are saying its going to snow all week.
yo steezy you wanna go friday??? sierra or northstar
Old 12-11-2007, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Krinkov
lol, you know hes still illegal

great weekend, my Snowdance finally worked

north?? come on im disappointed, you know where to go.

Heavenly sooked, wood was ok......still pretty dire situation imo

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.