rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 12:39 PM

Car Info: 2012 G37S / Sold 06 WRX
While the season is upon us I found a pretty good deal on statravel.com for winter break and spring break.

It's a $345/395 5day/night stay a breckinridge including lift tickets!... but does not include airfare. It also notes that the price stated are based on 4 people to a room.

I definitely will be going during Spring Break.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:53 PM

Car Info: you've got an electrical problem.
I was just up at northstar not this last weekend but before that.

Still mt biking..

Old 10-17-2007, 06:20 PM

Car Info: Audi B6 S4
anybody know the first resort opening? its rumored boreal is opening halloween?
Old 10-17-2007, 07:06 PM

Car Info: you've got an electrical problem.
boreal had alot of snow two weeks ago. I'm sure that have even more now.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
"Scheduled" Opening Dates

Originally Posted by ASpec818
anybody know the first resort opening? its rumored boreal is opening halloween?
This is all I could find quickly. Are ya ready?

Wed, Oct. 31 - Boreal
Fri, Nov. 16 - Heavenly
Sat, Nov. 17 - Northstar, Squaw
Sat, Nov. 24 - Kirkwood
Thur, Dec. 13 - Diamond Peak

Early season cond's & early season operations... I'll pass. For my dollar, I'll wait til there is decent coverage & a good amount of lifts running, too. I'm predicting that I'll be getting my shred legs stretched out by the 2nd or 3rd week of Dec! Woohoo! Can't wait!

Keep on snow-dancin'
Old 10-17-2007, 11:20 PM

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Oh I'm soooo excited for winter. Start out the season with a 6 day Whistler trip, a few days skiing Utah, then back to Kirkwood....yay snoooooowwwwwww!
Old 10-23-2007, 01:07 PM

Car Info: Toyota
anybody know any updates about opening days?
is boreal really going to be open by next week? it doesnt look like it from the mountain cam..
Old 10-23-2007, 02:20 PM

i agree, no way next week. Kirkwood is 24th of nov. sounds like a reasonable day.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:57 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by jonluude
anybody know any updates about opening days?
is boreal really going to be open by next week? it doesnt look like it from the mountain cam..
If ya peeped up a couple posts, ya'd have seen what I found last week. Since those dates are obviously subject to conditions, they may have to do some adjusting if the overnight lows don't drop enuff for them to make snow. The same high pressure ridge parked over NV that's contributing to the Santa Ana winds wreaking havoc in SoCal right now is what has warmed temps up for most of Cali as well. The resorts may be able to get back @ it on Fri&Sat w/ a slight drop expected.

Since it looks like we got a pretty good stretch of clear skies, I'm finally gonna give my Subie a much needed "bath." Hell, we all should... b/c what happens a day or two after giving our babies a good wash-n-wax? Hey, that might do the trick!

Seriously though... here's some music to our powderhound ears:
Originally Posted by snowforecast.com
As we approach Halloween (early and middle of next week) our weather becomes unsettled (snowy), into and possibly through early November as large scale low pressure sets up over the west and we see several weather disturbances pass through.
And after just checking out that mtn cam myself and knowing Boreal, they'll get their TWO or THREE planned lifts open. Believe me. That place ain't that big. And all they need is for the white stuff to be along their main run, the bunny hill, and at the lift load/unload areas. That's all their planning to have going. Just like when most resorts first open... lotsa dirt & trees w/ patches of snow here & there to get your early season slide on!

Now get out there & wash those cars!!! Then do a snowdance!
Old 10-23-2007, 03:27 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
we definetely need some snow up there pronto. it would be tight to have a real deep base for opening day (excluding boreal)
Old 10-23-2007, 04:06 PM

yea i dunno, I think the only thing boreal is good for is drifting in the parking lot.

Originally Posted by boardoholic
If ya peeped up a couple posts, ya'd have seen what I found last week. Since those dates are obviously subject to conditions, they may have to do some adjusting if the overnight lows don't drop enuff for them to make snow. The same high pressure ridge parked over NV that's contributing to the Santa Ana winds wreaking havoc in SoCal right now is what has warmed temps up for most of Cali as well. The resorts may be able to get back @ it on Fri&Sat w/ a slight drop expected.

Since it looks like we got a pretty good stretch of clear skies, I'm finally gonna give my Subie a much needed "bath." Hell, we all should... b/c what happens a day or two after giving our babies a good wash-n-wax? Hey, that might do the trick!

Seriously though... here's some music to our powderhound ears:

And after just checking out that mtn cam myself and knowing Boreal, they'll get their TWO or THREE planned lifts open. Believe me. That place ain't that big. And all they need is for the white stuff to be along their main run, the bunny hill, and at the lift load/unload areas. That's all their planning to have going. Just like when most resorts first open... lotsa dirt & trees w/ patches of snow here & there to get your early season slide on!

Now get out there & wash those cars!!! Then do a snowdance!
Old 10-23-2007, 04:10 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX, tuned by Ed@EQ
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
yea i dunno, I think the only thing boreal is good for is drifting in the parking lot.
+1 to this! they never care if you mash around the frozen lot. kinda fun in the wrx!

hey, not to hijack this thread, but this would be a good place to ask a relevant q...

anyone have the Thule rack with the air splitter? i just put my rack and it's pretty noisy at highway speeds (droning noise, mostly).

is the air splitter worth it?
Old 10-23-2007, 07:42 PM

Car Info: Toyota
Originally Posted by porTURBOer
+1 to this! they never care if you mash around the frozen lot. kinda fun in the wrx!

hey, not to hijack this thread, but this would be a good place to ask a relevant q...

anyone have the Thule rack with the air splitter? i just put my rack and it's pretty noisy at highway speeds (droning noise, mostly).

is the air splitter worth it?
i had the yakima cross bars on my car and the wind noise was outrageous at highway speeds.
i installed a yakima fairing and the noise has reduced significantly, if not completely
so yes, very worth it
Old 10-23-2007, 08:00 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
aww! 06STi we hafta go mtn biking together! ive been to Mammoth and Whistler...but ive heard Northstar and Mammoth have both gotten a lot better.

i heard Northstar has an "a-line" style trail with like 40 tabletops? and irrigated i think, hope to see cool pics and vids!

awesome you get to ride with snow all around you too.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:35 PM

yeah i drove around the lot for like 30 mins once.

On the rack, i dunno about splitter........but i rec. getting the little tab dealio to raise it if u dont want ur roof all fooked up.

I went over 100 with 4 boards up top never had a problem even in extreme wind. However once I left my board on the rack without clamping the rack back down, i saw it like a mile later luckily and it hadn't falled yet. whew.

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.