rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 10:16 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Its very late. Yhe old owners didnt pull that ****.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:54 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
If they don't open, they better refund me my $300 damn dollars for the useless season pass.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:16 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
If they don't open, they better refund me my $300 damn dollars for the useless season pass.
If they don't open they are hands down the stupidest business owners in the world. They were open ALL friggin summer. They laid off a bunch of people, etc.

So a ski resort that's open all summer and doesn't open for winter is insane and they need to sell it to someone that will run the damn thing correctly. But I've known that ever since they started talking about putting in a damned village and damed gondola BEFORE putting a high speed on the front or upgrading the base lodge or building a secondary lodge. Idiots.

Seriously... if you know you're in trouble then run a skeleton crew all summer and save money for winter.

They haven't even done the proper maintenance on the gear up there from what I've heard from folks. The local business owners (including my folks) are freaking out.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
The Rockies have already gotten their first dose of snow, and it looks like the Sierras may be graced with its first dusting this week.

Originally Posted by Kirkwood's 6-Day Forecast from snowforecast.com
Tuesday through Thursday --SLIGHT CHANCE FOR SHOWERS, VERY LIGHT SNOW ABOVE 8,000 FEET ---> The previously mentioned cut-off low strengthens and moves in across central California but dropping south, with showers expected across the area, mostly isolated, along with some light snow possible above 8,000 feet. Cooler temperatures are expected. On Thursday when the low moves south across southern California, we may see some snow accumulations for Mammoth under a northeasterly flow of wrap- around moisture.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:47 PM

Car Info: 08 DGM STi
For all interested, there's another snowboard sale coming up this saturday in oakland.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:54 PM
General Pimpin'

Looking more and more like Bear Valley isn't gonna open.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:00 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bchan
For all interested, there's another snowboard sale coming up this saturday in oakland.
For all interested, here's the info on that...

ywia, bchan.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:21 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Looking more and more like Bear Valley isn't gonna open.
Bear Valley's fans remain on edge
Even though this article "seems" somewhat optimistic compared to the one you posted last week, things are still VERY MUCH, for lack of better phrasing, a complete mystery.

As if the hurting that resort areas took due to last season's hugely underwhelming snowfall wasn't enough for the mountain communities to deal with, we've got corporate big wigs piling onto the pain.

I truly feel for the people that depend on winter tourism, particularly at Bear or Dodge where they're the only game in town (AKA the major source of consumer traffic for businesses). A couple of the comments posted on the article really drive home just how out of touch higher ups can be. Such a disgrace how the Hwy 4 corridor community has been treated!
Old 10-09-2012, 09:33 AM
General Pimpin'

All of the towns above Murphy's live and die by the ski season. No ski season... no business. A lot of those folks make enough during the winter months to carry the slow months of the summer. If they don't open you're gonna see a lot more empty buildings.

The big problem is that the Bear Valley owners have their heads so far up their asses that they aren't even considering this. So they have not been talking with local business AT ALL. It's even got my dad a little stressed out.

One of the problems up there is one partner is spending money and one isn't. I'm not sure if Chuck Toeniskoetter is the spender or the non spender but I think he's the one that's been holding back. He's been a major block in the communication circle. Call me next week? WTF?

They have the site up saying buy this... come here... do this. But in reality there is NO ONE THERE. Seriously. No one answering phones. No one taking orders. No one getting snow making equipment ready. No on fixing the lifts. Etc.

Rosie Sundell is a moron. The only reason she has that job is because she is a friend of Chuck's. She doesn't ski. Doesn't live in the area. Doesn't know anything about the area or the industry. Etc. She's useless. But she is one of the few that has survived the cuts up there.

Basically Chuck fired everyone that he felt was "overpaid" and is bringing a few folks back. Like the general manager. The rest of the staff is going to be whoever they can scrounge up. The snow making and grooming teams all followed the head guy and are at a different resort already. So we can look forward to another year full of downed lifts and poorly groomed trails.

The whole situation is pissing me off and it's going to take many years to recover form this mess.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:42 AM

Car Info: 12Teens crazy 4 me
Woke up to THIS!!!!!! YAY

rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.-forumrunner_20121013_094220.jpg
Old 10-13-2012, 09:45 AM

Car Info: 07 UGM FXT
Originally Posted by theoutbackdream
Woke up to THIS!!!!!! YAY
Mm
Old 10-18-2012, 07:46 PM

Car Info: 2010 wrb WRX wagon
Just bought myself a split board Jones Solution 161. Been wanting one for a long time and got this guy for $399
Jones Solution Splitboard - Blem 2012 | evo outlet

4 hour left to get that deal. Shorter than I wanted, but for the price, can't beat it. Plus, most my backcountry excisions happen in the spring, so deep powpow shouldn't be an issue.

Anyone else here split board?
Old 10-18-2012, 09:32 PM

Check out this Instagram. Apparently they're checking out three spots and are going through with the city.
Attached Thumbnails rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.-image-4178555360.jpg  
Old 10-18-2012, 09:46 PM

Car Info: 2017 WRB WRX Premium
Originally Posted by DSav408
Check out this Instagram. Apparently they're checking out three spots and are going through with the city.
Make it Happen Baby

Old 10-18-2012, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
Right? Seems promising. But they also folded on the Morgan hill site. But I didn't know much about the plans for it then.

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.