rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 09:01 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
My knee hurts... as does my ankle.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:51 PM

Car Info: 2009 Subaru WRX Hatchback
squaw was awesome yesterday. Nice fluffy dry fast pow everywhere. Surprisingly, the stuff that looked tracked out was still fun and powdery. Sunny and clear most of the morning then snow started falling around 2.

road conditions were good on the way up (got to the tahoe area on 80 at around 730ish. They had chain controls but not much on the ground. The drive home was good except some spots of heavy fog.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:10 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
Can you say pow pow!
Old 03-18-2012, 11:17 PM

Car Info: 2005 CGM STI
Sierra was great today! it was snowing the whole time. Lots of powder!
Old 03-19-2012, 12:18 AM

Car Info: 04 STi
Leaving for sugar bowl in 5 hours, now if only I could fall asleep!
Old 03-19-2012, 12:23 AM

Car Info: 06 STI
Originally Posted by subie OCD
Leaving for sugar bowl in 5 hours, now if only I could fall asleep!
I hate those nights.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:44 AM
General Pimpin'

Everyone that road on Sunday and everyone that's riding today or tomorrow... I HATE YOU!

Bear Valley pissed me off for one of the very few times in 20 years this weekend. They closed Sunday due to "high winds, cold temperatures and power issue"

BULLL****. BULL****. BULL****.

Power. Maybe.

Cold temps.... really.. BS. I've ridden in nearly -20 before. It was MAYBE 14 degrees.

Winds... B.S. There was literally ZERO wind at 4000 feet AND Kirkwood wasn't closed to winds. If Bear Valley has wind issues so does Kirkwood and there's are worse.

Reality... ST. Patty's day. People got drunk and called in because they didn't want to deal with the weather. It has happened before at Bear Valley.

So pissed I can't even describe it. I talked to my boss today and she thought I was gonna call in so I could ride today. LOL! My brother talked me out of it because I promised my boss I'd do some work first thing today.

GRRRRRRRR.

But we made the best of the day... there were sleds and picnic benches involved. And beer.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:45 AM
General Pimpin'

And beer.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
And beer.
And Beer!

And Sled!

And picnic bench!
Old 03-19-2012, 12:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
^ I'll get some pics up later today from our sesh behind the cabin.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:44 PM

Car Info: Roxie.
what can I say about this weekend. Snow was magical and Northstar on Saturday and it wasn't busy.

left SJ at 8 and hit the storm though otw to Reno late friday night. and must have been the worst drive I'd had in a long time especially since not many decided to brave the drive past Boreal and there is no highway lighting to help see the lanes with the heavy snowfall. thank you to the SUV I was following who was my light guide through.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
Here's some shots from behind the cabin yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.-1.jpg   rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.-2.jpg   rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.-3.jpg   rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.-4.jpg  
Old 03-19-2012, 04:45 PM
General Pimpin'

nice...
Old 03-19-2012, 05:34 PM

Car Info: 2015 Ford F-150 XLT FX4 Sports Package,SOLD-05 STi
Two dead, one injured after weekend Sierra Nevada snow | Reuters

This really sucks.. Myself, 07wrx4life, 04caliwrx and suby4justin witnessed this. We were going up Grandview Express when we saw a guy kneeling beside someone but we could only see his skis sticking out of the snow, but couldnt see anything else. Then we saw another guy frantically digging him out. We yelled down from the chair if everything was ok and the guy kneeling yelled out for help, we thought at first he was joking so we asked again and he yelled for help again. Now we knew he was serious and just by the tone in his voice. Once we got to the top we rushed over to the lift operator and told him about and exactly what tower number he was closest too. We then saw Ski Patrol get on their skis and bombing down to hill to get to them. We went back up the chair later and saw ski patrol with him and thought everything was ok. As we were going down a run we saw the MedEvac helicopter coming in and we all thought it must be serious, but never did we think the guy had died. So sad
Thats why we should always ride with a buddy and not get separated from each other.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:53 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by XxSti05xX
Two dead, one injured after weekend Sierra Nevada snow | Reuters

This really sucks.. Myself, 07wrx4life, 04caliwrx and suby4justin witnessed this. We were going up Grandview Express when we saw a guy kneeling beside someone but we could only see his skis sticking out of the snow, but couldnt see anything else. Then we saw another guy frantically digging him out. We yelled down from the chair if everything was ok and the guy kneeling yelled out for help, we thought at first he was joking so we asked again and he yelled for help again. Now we knew he was serious and just by the tone in his voice. Once we got to the top we rushed over to the lift operator and told him about and exactly what tower number he was closest too. We then saw Ski Patrol get on their skis and bombing down to hill to get to them. We went back up the chair later and saw ski patrol with him and thought everything was ok. As we were going down a run we saw the MedEvac helicopter coming in and we all thought it must be serious, but never did we think the guy had died. So sad
Thats why we should always ride with a buddy and not get separated from each other.

Damn dude, that's tragic. It just goes to show that you have to be aware of where you're going along with your abilities and those you're riding with because even in pounds you're at risk at any time. Anything can happen.

Didn't you dig someone out last year? You see some isht dude...

RIP. This is a tragedy.

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.