rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 09:54 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
In Tahoe now! Will be at sierra tomorrow!
Old 02-20-2012, 10:08 PM

Car Info: 12Teens crazy 4 me
^going to be in Tahoe tomorrow, going to sierra tomorrow late noon. I might see your subie there.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:16 PM

Not in my Subaru, I'll be in a low black gsr with a socity, libtech, and lic sticker
Old 02-20-2012, 11:04 PM

Car Info: 12Teens crazy 4 me
Oh nice.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:24 PM

Car Info: 2017 WRB WRX Premium
Sierra was epic yesterday. It was almost empty. And it dusted in the morning before we got up there. The snow did get a bit mushy by about 1pm. But the cloud cover came in and make it a little better.

Saw an STi with a red hood scoop and red mudflaps parked a few spaces away from us.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:49 PM

Had fun today with Steve and was super smash brother down the mountain snow got slow by 1 today though
Old 02-21-2012, 05:25 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Is Almaden to Bear Valley with a 20 minute poop break and a stop at the cabin to grab my gear and take a leak in 3 hours flat good?
Old 02-21-2012, 05:27 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
Had fun today with Steve and was super smash brother down the mountain snow got slow by 1 today though
Was talking to my brother about that. We were riding solo for one of the few times in years and I was tripping on how quick we were turning laps. We don't even have to think about the other one and we always end up right next to each other. I can't tell you how many times I'd be 50 yards away from him and make a few turns through the trees and end up 5 feet away from him. haaa.

Jeff... if you read this... I have that seat divider thingy you left at the cabin. I'll try and get it out to you at some point.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:28 PM
General Pimpin'

Oh.... and for you guys that know him... I have a ridiculously funny story about Jordan to share.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:34 PM

Car Info: 07 Legacy GT Wagon
Kirkwood was very nice yesterday. Crowds were small and wait times were a couple mins max. Also saw that 1 to 2 inch snowfall top to bottom.

I got around to waxing my board. Made a world of difference.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:49 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Dong Homez
Kirkwood was very nice yesterday. Crowds were small and wait times were a couple mins max. Also saw that 1 to 2 inch snowfall top to bottom.

I got around to waxing my board. Made a world of difference.
Man... we got screwed then because I don't think Bear Valley got anything. They usually get pretty close to what Kirkwood gets.

Least it didn't rain.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:22 AM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
You guys heard about this???
NEWS: Kirkwood Mountain Resort Agrees to Sell to Vail Resorts | Tahoe Snowboard Magazine
Old 02-22-2012, 09:28 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Unhappy Kirkwood is now a property of Vail Resorts, Inc.

Vail Resorts Purchases Kirkwood, Expanding to Seven Resorts - OnTheSnow

Vail Resorts, Inc. announced today the purchase of Kirkwood Mountain Resort for approximately $18 million. Located 35 miles southwest of Lake Tahoe, Kirkwood joins Heavenly and Northstar as the third resort in the Lake Tahoe region to be acquired by Vail Resorts. The purchase price also includes a selection of real estate in the base area.

"We are thrilled to welcome Kirkwood into our family as our seventh world-class mountain resort." Vail Resorts Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Rob Katz said in a press release issued this morning. "Kirkwood offers some of the most extraordinary ski terrain found anywhere in North America with high alpine trails and the most annual average snowfall in Lake Tahoe. Kirkwood represents skiing and riding at its purest, something we intend to retain and protect long into the future."

Sweetening the deal is the announcement that all current Vail Resort pass holders can now explore Kirkwood for the remainder of the season, and all Kirkwood pass holders can do the same and explore Heavenly and Northstar.

Kirkwood is widely known as one of Tahoe's premiere destinations for high alpine skiing and over 450 inches of annual snowfall. The resort features over 2,300 acres of terrain, terrain parks and a Boarder X course.

"When combined with Heavenly and Northstar, we will be able to offer our guests and pass holders unparalleled value with the very best that Lake Tahoe has to offer. We are excited to be able to offer Kirkwood to our pass holders right away - it's like opening day to a whole new season." Katz said.
I'm mostly... ... about this. I can see how some peeps are excited for the short-term benefit of getting to ride/ski a few more resorts w/ the pass they bought earlier this year. However, I'm not liking what I foresee in terms of long-term changes.

I guess the war btwn KSL & VR, Inc. is truly on! Oneupsmanship: HERE... WE... GO!

Last edited by boardoholic; 02-22-2012 at 09:30 AM. Reason: D'oh! Ya beat me, Aaron! I was busy wiping tears. :p
Old 02-22-2012, 09:41 AM
General Pimpin'

This season is creating a situation where a lot of these smaller/family run type resorts are hurting. No snow. No money. So these big dogs like Veil have the money so they're buying them.

The industry in general hasn't pulled it's head out its *** and realized that people don't have $1000 a weekend to spend on skiing.

On the good side... Kirkwood is already established. It's already big. It's already upgraded. It's already expensive.

So you'll see the benefits of being able to ride the Veil resorts... Kinda like Bear Valley being able to ride Arapahoe Basin. And they'll have more money on hand. If they're smart they won't change much. But that's not likely. Most likely they'll end up forgetting they're kirkwood and trying to become Veil.

Kinda like Bear is forgetting is Bear and it's trying to become Heavenly. The idiots running bear are trying to put in apartments and gondolas before they expand the mountain and put high speeds in. That will lead to an overcrowded useless mountain that people are going to have to spend $75 a lift ticket to wait in line to ride. Stupid.

Kirkwood is huge and it's already grip to ride there. I don't see it going up too much more. It can't. BUT... it could be the end of cheap season passes.

Bear's jumped from $299 to $450 in 2 years after it got bought. I'd be surprised if Kirkwoods don't double in 2 years as well.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:23 PM

Car Info: Bagged 2014 STi
Kirkwood sold out I have passes for both kirkwood and heavenly/northstar so I'm pissed about this. Get ready for random black out dates on your season pass and all the weekend gapers from those resorts to ruin it for us. Just got snaked on first chair of life... **** YOU KIRKWOOD !!!

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.