rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 08:32 PM

Car Info: 2015 SWP WRX
Heading up to Truckee on Thursday night after i get my tune! stoked to get back on the mountain and ride. Just hoping whatever storm that comes in this week leaves something good. ANYTHING is better than nothing at this point. Anybody riding Squaw on Friday?
Old 02-06-2012, 10:03 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
My little brother will be up at Bear Valley ALL this week if anyone's going up there.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:31 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
My little brother will be up at Bear Valley ALL this week if anyone's going up there.
Nice. I had plans to use my comps for North Tahoe yesterday & today, but I couldn't swing it. I was considering Kirkwood, Bear or Dodge (more comps) 2mrw or Wed when I popped into i-club just now. But w/ Jordan in Arnold this week... it's a no-brainer now! I'll ping his cell and/or call the cabin later today.

Can anyone else in the crew sneak up there w/ me?
Old 02-06-2012, 10:45 AM
General Pimpin'

Yeah I'd drop him a line today. I'd venture to guess he'll drive up this afternoon.

Justin is off on Friday.

I might try and head up Sat.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:03 AM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Any idea when the next good storm is supposed to hit? I have 6 passes left and have a feeling I am only gonna be able to go up twice more and then just sell the rest of the passes...
Old 02-06-2012, 12:01 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by NorCalDC5
Any idea when the next good storm is supposed to hit? I have 6 passes left and have a feeling I am only gonna be able to go up twice more and then just sell the rest of the passes...
Nope.

I know there's a couple dustings in the forecast but I don't see anything too huge out there right now but it's got to happen sooner or later.

I remember a couple years ago when we had the dead Jan. we got SLAMMED in march/april.

So my prediction is gonna be that we see a back to back 17th-20th. Downside to my prediction is that i think it's gonna be a tough one to ride through. You'll have to wait until most of it blows through... which will be good for someone that can ride on like.... a thursday.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Yeah I'd drop him a line today. I'd venture to guess he'll drive up this afternoon.

Justin is off on Friday.

Yea I'm hoping my boss approves it. She has been off Friday and today, so I'm waiting to hear it's approved. Sucks I'll have to go up Friday and drive back down cause I gotta go with Dawn to leave a car at the airport for my parents. Then possibly head back up for Sunday riding.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:12 PM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Nope.

I know there's a couple dustings in the forecast but I don't see anything too huge out there right now but it's got to happen sooner or later.

I remember a couple years ago when we had the dead Jan. we got SLAMMED in march/april.

So my prediction is gonna be that we see a back to back 17th-20th. Downside to my prediction is that i think it's gonna be a tough one to ride through. You'll have to wait until most of it blows through... which will be good for someone that can ride on like.... a thursday.
Sigh
Old 02-06-2012, 07:01 PM

Car Info: 2011 swp WRX
Originally Posted by boardoholic
Wow! What did you place? I don't even think I'd be able to finish.

I think it's sweet that they expanded to a multi-stop comp a couple years ago. Last season or the one before, I was @ Sugar Bowl a few days after the Banzai. When riding the chair w/ my buddy who patrols there, he pointed out to where the course ran & recounted some of the insanity he witnessed.
yeah last year was crazy, but this year the course looks even crazier..
I didn't make it to the finals last year but here's my qualifying round video from last year's kirkwood stop

Rahlves Banzai kirkwood 2011 - YouTube
Old 02-06-2012, 08:58 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by 611X
I didn't make it to the finals last year but here's my qualifying round video from last year's kirkwood stop

That doesn't look fun at all. That's definitely a skiers sport. I've done some racing in my time, even one some races. I love a good bonzai run... even a gnarly one. But that just doesn't look fun at all. LOL!

That would basically be a giant run of oh **** on a snowboard. But it looks like you've got some skills cause it is not easy to smash through chop like that on anything (used to ski). Such much props.

Be fun as hell in the powder though... I'd put my brother up against just about anyone in ****ey conditions though. That dudes insane in the chop.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:25 PM
VIP Member

Justin is off on Friday.

Talked to Jordan a while ago. I'm hoping to get to the cabin by this time 2mrw. Lots to do before I can roll out there.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:40 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 611X

That doesn't look fun at all. That's definitely a skiers sport. I've done some racing in my time, even one some races. I love a good bonzai run... even a gnarly one. But that just doesn't look fun at all. LOL!

That would basically be a giant run of oh **** on a snowboard. But it looks like you've got some skills cause it is not easy to smash through chop like that on anything (used to ski). Such much props.

Be fun as hell in the powder though... I'd put my brother up against just about anyone in ****ey conditions though. That dudes insane in the chop.
Yes! Mucho props to you 611X! I could not imagine doing that run under those conditions. Just thinking that y'all were running it 4 abreast!

And Ray, don't sell yourself too short, bruddah. Both you & Jordan are bananas smashing down runs. I still remember that one random day I ran into you guys in the Lower Mtn @Bear. You were getting hoots & hollers from the chair as you tore down the slopes. I recall smiling & shaking my head in admiration of your skillful insanity!
Old 02-07-2012, 06:17 PM

Car Info: 07 specB
611x, thats raw!!...but would be absolutely horrible on a board as previously stated.

in other news, got one ride in last friday at Squaw and it was awful waffle...i wanna punch the people that write the website updates in the face when they say "4000 rideable acres!"

oh and heading up Fri to Alpine most likely, hopefully its a bit softer than last week so i can actually shred as opposed to just making sure i dont break my face on ice! anybody else heading that way besides Justin????
Old 02-08-2012, 01:47 PM

Car Info: 07 Legacy GT Wagon
Not sure if anyone has been on Kirkwood's website. They're offering a trade of four day vouchers for a 7wood unlimited pass. Pretty much a pass for $200. I already have two day vouchers. I'm tempted to run to Costco and get two more to jump on this. Light snow in the forecast!!!!!
Old 02-08-2012, 01:51 PM

Car Info: 2015 Ford F-150 XLT FX4 Sports Package,SOLD-05 STi
^^Saw that yesterday and had posted it in the BAIC Tahoe trip thread

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.