rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 05:24 PM

Car Info: 2017 WRB WRX Premium
Went to Kirkwood yesterday. Place was basically empty. They have 4 lifts open Not worth the $69 they want per lift ticket. But we had a cabin already booked. Snow was okay. It was kind of depressing seeing all the mountain tops completely bare.

Mother Nature. Please cry on us sometime soon. WE NEED SNOW!!!
Old 01-09-2012, 06:04 PM

Car Info: 07 UGM FXT
Went to Boreal last Friday with my buddies for a day trip. It was a holiday and only paid $26 for 3:30-9:30. Only front two lifts were open. The terrain park was set up pretty nice.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by Krinkov
wow, without those two man made snow strips it could be summer
Looks like Diamond Peak. Must've been nice to cruise lakeside along Hwy 28, Jeremy. Prolly felt like October or May. Just sucks that our playgrounds should be thoroughly blanketed in white by now.

Most of pix others have posted are just as disheartening. Right along w/ all these first-hand accounts of how limited is open right now.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:31 PM

Car Info: Bagged 2014 STi
Old 01-09-2012, 10:55 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Tahoe Weather Discussion - No Hype Lake Tahoe Weather

just updated tonite saying good chance for 3-4 feet next tues-weds
Old 01-10-2012, 08:03 AM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
At this point we need like 10 feet storm
Old 01-10-2012, 11:45 AM

Car Info: 2016 FXT

Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
Seriously..
Old 01-10-2012, 01:19 PM
VIP Member

FRAWSTI: Nice pic! Maybe we'll get 3.16 feet of snow with this 1st one, eh?

Nice! I posted the same link a handful of posts above yours. 'Tis definitely one to bookmark if you're a powder-chaser like me!

Btw, I dunno if you saw my asking earlier, but is that pic you posted up near Crystal Bay? Though I've only been out that way a couple times, it looks a lot like Diamond Peak.

Originally Posted by NorCalDC5
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx

Seriously..
Actually, a good 3-4 ft of high-H2O content snow would be ideal for the 1st major storm. Gotta build a good base, then give ski patrol, mtn safety, etc. do their thing for a few bluebird days to mark up obstacles & open up more terrain.

Then I'd love to see the storm door stay open alternating w/ 2-3 days of snow (dumping at least a couple feet) and 2-3 days of sun for us to reach that 10-foot mark w/in a couple weeks.

Kinda stoked that the dynamics are finally changing. It's still a bit up in the air what we'll be seeing w/ this 1st wave, but at least the computer models are showing a shift from what we've had over the past 2 CRAPPY months.

Don't forget to wash your cars. I'm thinking of BBQ'ing on Sun (perfect grub for this wknd's divisional games). We gotta appease the great Ullr, Mother Nature, Ol' Man Winter, La Niņa, etc.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:40 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
This has been insane. I have ZERO days in and January is damn near half over.

If you look at the pressure that's been sitting on us it looks like it might finally lift in 6-8 days. If it gets the hell out of here we have plenty of cold. Could end up being a few solid weeks of moisture. Which would be good for base building. But I don't really see myself getting back to riding the way I like to ride and the places I like to ride until closer to Feb 1st. Friggin sad. I've got to plan my CO trip but their base isn't even that impressive yet. I'm thinking I might go the last weekend of Feb.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:53 PM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
Yeah Colorado isn't looking so hot either. I was going to be going end of Jan but canceling that. Locals are reporting a very dry Jan, so I don't see it being worth the cost. But atleast now I can make the BAIC Tahoe trip, if it hasn't been pushed to April lol
Old 01-10-2012, 02:16 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by 04Impreza
Yeah Colorado isn't looking so hot either. I was going to be going end of Jan but canceling that. Locals are reporting a very dry Jan, so I don't see it being worth the cost. But atleast now I can make the BAIC Tahoe trip, if it hasn't been pushed to April lol
Seriously.

Soon as the snow starts to fall we'll pick a weekend. My brother and I are trying to figure out a date, lodging and transpo right now. Flights, Lodging and lift tickets are all paid for.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:20 PM

Car Info: 2002 White WRX Wagon
Yeah... we need some snow... maybe it's a good thing that I'm out of state for the rest of January. Hopefully it will be good when I get back in February.

Anyone here ride park? Been boarding for a while but I just started park last year and am looking for people to ride with. If anyone is willing to teach, let me know.

BTW, I have season passes to Northstar/Heavenly/Alpine/Squa/Homewood. So if anyone else does and wants to get together and board, let me know.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:57 PM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Seriously.

Soon as the snow starts to fall we'll pick a weekend. My brother and I are trying to figure out a date, lodging and transpo right now. Flights, Lodging and lift tickets are all paid for.
That's the way to do it. My trip was locked into its dates cause my parents have a time share in Breck but to cancel or change it, wasn't worth the penalties.

Originally Posted by pimpasaurus jr
Yeah... we need some snow... maybe it's a good thing that I'm out of state for the rest of January. Hopefully it will be good when I get back in February.

Anyone here ride park? Been boarding for a while but I just started park last year and am looking for people to ride with. If anyone is willing to teach, let me know.

BTW, I have season passes to Northstar/Heavenly/Alpine/Squa/Homewood. So if anyone else does and wants to get together and board, let me know.
I'm kinda in the same boat as you for park riding, its something I really really want to get into but need to stop *****'in out and pop my cherry. But I'm also looking for park people to ride with.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:12 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 04Impreza
I'm kinda in the same boat as you for park riding, its something I really really want to get into but need to stop *****'in out and pop my cherry. But I'm also looking for park people to ride with.
Yeah, it can be tough to wrap your head around doing some of the stuff you've seen those park rats do w/ such ease. Watching instruction vids might help if you haven't already. I'm not sure if you're looking to slide a rail/box or just hit a jump cleanly, but check out the Videos section on TruSnow. Click the Trick Tips tab. The one on basic airs is solid.

Like w/ most things, ya gotta learn to crawl before you can walk. So start out small-- i.e. the hits in Boreal's Mini-Shred park as well as the short boxes & rails that you don't have to ollie onto like in Sierra's or N*'s Progression Parks.

By no means am I a park rat, but I can stomp straight airs & 180s off medium-sized jumps. Plus, 50-50s & boardslides on the most simple of rails & boxes.

Since the forecast from a few days ago had snow from the Thur the 19th to Sun the 22nd, I was thinking of getting my 1st day in on Fri the 27th @Boreal. But now that it may be a serious week-long nuking from Wed the 18th til Thur the 26th, I may look to hit up a bigger mountain. Regardless, Fri the 27th is penciled in for me. Maybe we could link up. I'd be happy to offer some pointers.

Hooray for incoming pow! C'mon, La Niņa! I know ya wanna come out & play!
Old 01-11-2012, 11:05 AM

Car Info: 2010 WRX SWP Hatch
This is a must!

in regards to boreal...i went up there 2 weeks ago. It wasn't bad. the 26$ for night boarding is a good deal. Snow was icey at time son the mountain but the rest of the stuff and the park was pretty nice. It was cheap and it go the job done.

Originally Posted by FRAWSTI

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.