rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 02:23 PM

Car Info: Bagged 2014 STi
Tonight at College of San Mateo at 7pm

Warren Miller's Like There's No Tomorrow - CSM Event Calendar
Old 11-07-2011, 05:51 PM

Car Info: 07 specB
got a couple free early season tix to Sierra for going to the Absinthe & YES films premier in Berkeley last week!! have to use them by Dec16 so I figure it will be a good couple "stretch" days to get ready for the season and my SUPER PASS!! i cant wait to start exploring Squaw and get this new shred stick broken in!
Old 11-07-2011, 06:04 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I don't know how this year is gonna play out. Money is gonna be sketchy this season.

I have the free stay one night in tahoe with the snow bomb card and the 2 free passes so I'm thinking I might try and do a friday/sat trip. Roll out friday morning and ride friday. Stay friday night. Ride Sat. Bail out sat night.

And I have my season pass to Bear Valley so I should be solid there for 15-20 days.

And we're thinking about doing a trip to CO. The BV pass works out there at a killer resort so we might try and get all of us with passes to head out there. Rent a suburban and just jam out there. Rent a condo. Ride for like 3/4 days. Do like a split Wed. Get settled in. Ride Thursday/Friday/Sat/Sunday. Drive home Monday. Back to work Tuesday. With the tickets paid for and splitting gas and lodging it should be affordable. Might have to talk my dad in to making that my christmas present. LOL>

It'd be my dad, my brother, me and hopefully justin (bluwrxwagon) jeff (ipozestu), and maybe a couple other iclubers. 6 drivers the drive would go fast. Especially with Jeff. I'd have to take some drugs to sleep though. Crazy!
Old 11-07-2011, 07:51 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Im desperately trying to find snow tires, or at least snow acceptable...better than my Dunlop SP01s
cant really spend more than like 350 though. and 17" to fit on my spare rims.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:24 PM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I don't know how this year is gonna play out. Money is gonna be sketchy this season.

I have the free stay one night in tahoe with the snow bomb card and the 2 free passes so I'm thinking I might try and do a friday/sat trip. Roll out friday morning and ride friday. Stay friday night. Ride Sat. Bail out sat night.

And I have my season pass to Bear Valley so I should be solid there for 15-20 days.

And we're thinking about doing a trip to CO. The BV pass works out there at a killer resort so we might try and get all of us with passes to head out there. Rent a suburban and just jam out there. Rent a condo. Ride for like 3/4 days. Do like a split Wed. Get settled in. Ride Thursday/Friday/Sat/Sunday. Drive home Monday. Back to work Tuesday. With the tickets paid for and splitting gas and lodging it should be affordable. Might have to talk my dad in to making that my christmas present. LOL>

It'd be my dad, my brother, me and hopefully justin (bluwrxwagon) jeff (ipozestu), and maybe a couple other iclubers. 6 drivers the drive would go fast. Especially with Jeff. I'd have to take some drugs to sleep though. Crazy!
When you guys going to CO if you guys do it? Looks like I'll be there with some of my family too around Feb 5
Old 11-07-2011, 09:19 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by dTek
Im desperately trying to find snow tires, or at least snow acceptable...better than my Dunlop SP01s
cant really spend more than like 350 though. and 17" to fit on my spare rims.
I picked up 225/45/17 kumho ast for 400. I bet 215 be about 360. They were good in the snow and ripped in the rain.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:39 AM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
I think I'm set on Union bindings. I am torn between the Forces and the Contacts. Anyone want to sway me one direction or the other? I am leaning more towards the Forces though..
Old 11-08-2011, 10:10 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon

A CO trip might be difficult for me. Seeing as how we could have a giant purchase being made before then. As it is, this year could be tough, thankfully I bought my season pass last year.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:13 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by NorCalDC5
I think I'm set on Union bindings. I am torn between the Forces and the Contacts. Anyone want to sway me one direction or the other? I am leaning more towards the Forces though..
Depends on your riding. If you are into tricks and jumps, I'd go with their lightest. I was looking at Force SL's or the Metacarbon's, won't be able to swing it this year, but I don't do jumps really. More just really hard riding.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:59 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
I picked up 225/45/17 kumho ast for 400. I bet 215 be about 360. They were good in the snow and ripped in the rain.
thanks for the I'll start digging around for some
Old 11-08-2011, 02:04 PM

I picked up a set of Forces a week or so, just haven't had the chance to try them out. So no real help there exactly lol The high back does have some flex to it but not as much as some of Ride's 2011/12 highbacks that are really soft/flexible. I haven't heard of too many people that don't like/love the Forces. People love them in the park but they're not too soft where taking them out of the park becomes a problem. I know park riders are also really into the Contacts too.

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
Depends on your riding. If you are into tricks and jumps, I'd go with their lightest. I was looking at Force SL's or the Metacarbon's, won't be able to swing it this year, but I don't do jumps really. More just really hard riding.
Like bluwrxwgn said, depends on your riding. If you want the lightest, go with DLX's, Flite's or the new Atlas (the white ones glow in the dark ) I hear the Metafuse's are really stiff so I wouldn't go that route for the park, but they are crazy light and strong.

One thing I did hear, whichever Union's you choose you'll be getting a great binding. They don't skimp out on the cheaper versions making a less quality product.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:19 PM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Originally Posted by 04Impreza
I picked up a set of Forces a week or so, just haven't had the chance to try them out. So no real help there exactly lol The high back does have some flex to it but not as much as some of Ride's 2011/12 highbacks that are really soft/flexible. I haven't heard of too many people that don't like/love the Forces. People love them in the park but they're not too soft where taking them out of the park becomes a problem. I know park riders are also really into the Contacts too.

Like bluwrxwgn said, depends on your riding. If you want the lightest, go with DLX's, Flite's or the new Atlas (the white ones glow in the dark ) I hear the Metafuse's are really stiff so I wouldn't go that route for the park, but they are crazy light and strong.

One thing I did hear, whichever Union's you choose you'll be getting a great binding. They don't skimp out on the cheaper versions making a less quality product.
Thanks for the help!
Old 11-08-2011, 03:02 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by dTek
thanks for the I'll start digging around for some
Do a search on Kumho in san jose. I'll see if I can dig up the info but the place sells nothing but Kumho. Pretty sure it's just called Kumho. It's down there kind of close to the shark tank I think.

Cost me $400 out the door. Mounted/balanced. About $130 cheaper than I could find them anywhere else. Even online.

The tire itself was killer in the rain. For an all season I was pleased with it in the snow. Summer/dry performance was pretty ****ty. It's definitely more of a winter tire. It's pretty soft. Especially when it's brand new. All kinds of tread squirm. But as it broke in it got better. But for what you're looking for it sounds like it might be the ticket and in that price range I think it's the best option. I liked it better than the toyos for sure. Pzero's are the best but they're double the dough. Kumho ASX are better if you're looking for a performance tire that you won't get a ticket for driving in the snow with. But their snow/rain performance isn't as good as the AST.

ASX/AST are pretty close to the same price. About $50 a set I think.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:05 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
A CO trip might be difficult for me. Seeing as how we could have a giant purchase being made before then. As it is, this year could be tough, thankfully I bought my season pass last year.
Same here. With me on 4 day work weeks we are actually behind the 8 ball quite a bit. I just had to pull $1700 out of my *** to clear the next 2 weeks. The next 3 months are gonna be tricky.

Keep us posted on the progress on that purchase. I'm stoked for you guys.

My hope is that the trip would be relatively cheap... could even cut a day off of that so we miss less work. I only have about 8hrs of vaca built up so far. LOL. Probably have 20ish by then.

Plus... knowing my pops he'll probably help out quite a bit if he really wants to see the trip happen and he's been talking about it for a month.

The more that go the cheaper it'll be on everyone.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:13 PM

Thanks for the help!
No problem! Wish I could give actual help not just "I heard" lol

Not sure if you were planning on going new or used, but check out

C3-Worldwide | Home of CAPiTA - COAL - UNION

They carry new, samples, and demo Union bindings and parts (along with Capita and Coal products) and have some pretty good prices on the demo/sample stuff.

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.