rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 04:18 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Skiers have a huge advantage when it comes to stuff like the handrail. I've done that line but taken the shoot down. I ain't messin with no handrail! LOL.

I used to ride the wood a lot. I miss it. I love the 4 shoots off the skiers left of the wall.

That drop was ridiculous. In my younger years I made it my mission to cross EVERY drop at BV off my list. I only missed one. The rocks off the left of the bear chair coming up the face. My friend Matt did it once. The landing is sketchy as hell. Man I miss riding with that dude. He got married and got "old" quick. Dude was a savage back in the day though.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
I've only done Notch a few times. I rarely rode w/ people who wanted to follow me past the 'Experts Only'/Skull N' Crossbones sign. While I could possibly hit Sister, I doubt if I'll ever sack up to do any of the unlisted ones--i.e. Once Is Enough, Heart, etc. The look super narrow & sketchy for my taste.

Hospital Air is nuckin' futs!!!

Damn, the trees in the landing/run-out on the cliffs/rocks you're referring to ain't no joke! When I ride up the face, I always look over there & shake my head that it takes one ballsy SOB to pull that off.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:48 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by boardoholic
I've only done Notch a few times. I rarely rode w/ people who wanted to follow me past the 'Experts Only'/Skull N' Crossbones sign. While I could possibly hit Sister, I doubt if I'll ever sack up to do any of the unlisted ones--i.e. Once Is Enough, Heart, etc. The look super narrow & sketchy for my taste.

Hospital Air is nuckin' futs!!!

Damn, the trees in the landing/run-out on the cliffs/rocks you're referring to ain't no joke! When I ride up the face, I always look over there & shake my head that it takes one ballsy SOB to pull that off.
Yeah. Matt is probably the balsiest dude I've ever ridden with. Natural athlete too. I played volleyball against him when I was a freshmen. He was a junior I think. Didn't know him then... different schools, etc. I took one off the face once because I'd never played against someone that could get up that high, that quick and hit it that hard before.

Dude picked up a snowboard and within a few days was ripping black diamonds like he'd been doing it for years. His kids are the pictures you see up at the cabin. Brendan takes after him.

Got married, got old, got beat up. Last time I road with him he was back on skis and took a bad one off the wall. Don't think he does anything anymore, no boards, no planks, no bikes, no nothing. Sad.

I sure as hell won't ever sack up and hit that cliff. I've only ever seen one other line off of it... in 18 years or whatever it's been now.

I've gone off the side once. And on the other side... the cornice side... dropped that once because I screwed up and followed my brother Grizz over there. Had no choice. We both just hucked off it. Ate knee for lunch on that one. Miss riding with him.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Damn that's crazy. I usually didn't even hit up the wall when I rode Kirkwood. I'd kill the backside and hit up chair 6 and over. But usually stayed clear of 10. Freaked me out too much.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:25 PM

Car Info: 03 wrx
http://www.weather.com/weather/alert...=KREV&etn=0004

anybody going up to this sunday? i might do a day trip
Old 02-24-2011, 07:20 PM

Car Info: '11 WRX DGM hatch
I rode heavenly monday and kwood tues & weds, and didn't like heavenly at all. I had only been there once before when I was a n00b, but the layout is just so freaking weird. There didn't seem to be any expert chairlifts that didn't have a huge line with people constantly falling and making it slow down/stop. Went through the glade to the lift's right of Sky chair, but that and Gunbarrel were the only two interesting runs of the day.

I spend most of my time on the backside of kwood or off chairs 6 or 10. Had some fun jumping off the big *** rock under the lift on the backside lift, too.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:49 PM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Originally Posted by steeze
http://www.weather.com/weather/alert...=KREV&etn=0004

anybody going up to this sunday? i might do a day trip
I really want to go
Old 02-24-2011, 09:08 PM

Car Info: '05 psm STi
Rob: Hell yes I'll be there! Hevenly on Sun and Sierra on mon. It's gonna get deep!

Boardoholic: haha I'm not too worried bout it. You would have to be shown the way over there. It's off olympic on nevada side (booo!). It's the only reason I still by a heavenly pass. We're gonna hit it on sunday if you wanna join!
Old 02-24-2011, 09:13 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
looks like I will be up on saturday, sunday, and monday, if anyone need a place to crach sunday night I have room for like 3 iclubbers!!!

Ben.... I really think sunday and monday are going to be just nuts
Old 02-24-2011, 09:28 PM
General Pimpin'

Man, I really wanted to ride Sunday... boooo.

Stupid timing belt cut loose on the wife's VW. Gonna be working on that POS on Sunday. Be working on the caddy to clear out the garage on Sat.

Justin... drop Jordan a line if you want to ride Sunday. I'm sure he'll be down to ride.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:51 PM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
If anyone has room in their car let me know!
Old 02-24-2011, 10:03 PM

Car Info: 2015 Ford F-150 XLT FX4 Sports Package,SOLD-05 STi
Im gonna see if my buddies will be down for a daytrip to Kirkwood on Sunday. I have yet to go there this year.
Costco is selling vouchers for Kirkwood, 2 for 76.99 and Kirkwood gives you 2 lift tickets per voucher. 4 lift tickets for $19.25 per ticket

Last edited by XxSti05xX; 02-24-2011 at 10:07 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:27 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
Steve me, ben, Gabe, Robbie are all gonna be at heavenly Sunday and smashing the fire break! U must join!!
Old 02-24-2011, 11:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I would check to make sure it's open and then drop "bad boy."
Which chute/drop is this?

Originally Posted by getkong
I rode heavenly monday and kwood tues & weds, and didn't like heavenly at all. I had only been there once before when I was a n00b, but the layout is just so freaking weird. There didn't seem to be any expert chairlifts that didn't have a huge line with people constantly falling and making it slow down/stop. Went through the glade to the lift's right of Sky chair, but that and Gunbarrel were the only two interesting runs of the day.

I spend most of my time on the backside of kwood or off chairs 6 or 10. Had some fun jumping off the big *** rock under the lift on the backside lift, too.
The whole dealio w/ folks flopping around loading/unloading is the M.O. everywhere on holiday wknds. Sat @Bear was way less crowded and, thus, much smoother w/ the lifts than Sun was. As far as the "weird" lay of the land: it just takes experience & familiarity. I rarely ride there, but know it well enough to get around w/o much difficulty. And I still have fun despite how madhouse the place can get.

Oh, and I love that Hollywood hit under Chair 4. It's about 1/4 - 1/3 the way up fr the bottom, yeah? I made my buddy's eyes bug out the one time I almost landed on the li'l tree in the run-out.
Originally Posted by Mt.STi
Rob: Hell yes I'll be there! Hevenly on Sun and Sierra on mon. It's gonna get deep!

Boardoholic: haha I'm not too worried bout it. You would have to be shown the way over there. It's off olympic on nevada side (booo!). It's the only reason I still by a heavenly pass. We're gonna hit it on sunday if you wanna join!
I prefer the NV side of the mtn. During cold storms, I don't bother much w/ the upper mtn. Tons of fun in the trees off Stagecoach. Galaxy's fun, too... just not steep enough.

Your run on the vid was super long. Did you duck a rope & ride OB?
Originally Posted by XxSti05xX
Im gonna see if my buddies will be down for a daytrip to Kirkwood on Sunday. I have yet to go there this year.
Costco is selling vouchers for Kirkwood, 2 for 76.99 and Kirkwood gives you 2 lift tickets per voucher. 4 lift tickets for $19.25 per ticket
Holy hell that's a STEAL! I'm supposed to ride Sun only @Sierra, but I may have to see about swinging Sat @The Wood.
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
looks like I will be up on saturday, sunday, and monday, if anyone need a place to crach sunday night I have room for like 3 iclubbers!!!
Where are y'all planning to ride on Mon?
Old 02-25-2011, 01:15 AM

Car Info: 03 wrx
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
Steve me, ben, Gabe, Robbie are all gonna be at heavenly Sunday and smashing the fire break! U must join!!
i want to join! when are you going up matt?

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.