rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 10:39 PM

Car Info: 2010 wrb WRX wagon
Originally Posted by boardoholic

snowflow & kyle16: I'll hit you guys up when I make it out to Dodge next month. I'm hoping I could swing a day to use my Mon-Thur comp that goes into effect in a few weeks. I dunno if I'll be able to hang w/ y'all. My full Beast Mode is likely a bar or three down from y'all.
I probably won't be able to meet up during the weekdays, but if you are around on a Fri or Sat, I will more than likely be able to meet up. Dan is able to get up to Dodge a lot more than me, so just answering for him, he may be up for it.

If either of us can't make it, feel free to ask about the terrain (again, answering for you Dan). I know that place like the back of my hand by now and Dan, I would say like the back of both his hands. And maybe a foot thrown in there as well.

On a side note, if you can make it, the Pond Skim is tons of fun an I totally suggest trying to make it up for that. Watch people get wet, crazy costumes, get in some spring riding, and have a few beer while you are at it. I think it is the first weekend of April this year.

Here is me last year.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:16 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by boardoholic
Justin, I figured the ones y'all used bouncin' were Secret Squirrel style.

Dayum! I totally forgot that we dug that TINY @$$ "burrow." Caves are like what 04caliwrx & XxSTi05xX dug. Even you could chill like they be posin'.

And I knew Ray caught that on vid, and that was the minor close call. The major one was on Lunch. Right where the groomer ended as we're all stopped, I lost balance & had to sit right as Ray was coming in HOT behind me. He almost razored me across my tramp stamp.
Well in all fairness we didn't have shovels. Had to do it all by hand.

And the major one is on video too. When he looked down I was like, whoa close call.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Hmmm... us flatlanders may not have to go to far to see snow before the wknd. Here's the Winter Storm Watch msg for areas fr the East Bay down to Monterey & San Benito counties...

Originally Posted by Nat'l Weather Svc
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA
126 PM PST WED FEB 23 2011

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY EVENING THROUGH
FRIDAY EVENING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SAN FRANCISCO HAS ISSUED A WINTER
STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY EVENING THROUGH
FRIDAY EVENING FOR ELEVATIONS ABOVE 1000 FEET FOR THE EAST BAY
HILLS INCLUDING THE DIABLO RANGE...THE SANTA CRUZ MOUNTAINS...AND
THE MOUNTAINS OF MONTEREY AND SAN BENITO COUNTIES.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: 1 INCH DOWN TO 1000 FEET WITH 3 TO 6 INCHES
ABOVE 2000 FEET ELEVATION. LOCALLY 9 INCHES OR MORE FOR
ELEVATIONS ABOVE 3000 FEET.

* ELEVATION: HEAVIEST SNOW WILL BE ABOVE 2000 FEET BUT
ACCUMULATING SNOW IS EXPECTED DOWN TO 1000 FEET.

* TIMING: A MIX OF RAIN AND SNOW WILL DEVELOP THURSDAY EVENING AND
CHANGE TO ALL SNOW BY THURSDAY NIGHT AS SNOW LEVELS DROP. STEADY
PRECIPITATION WILL CHANGE TO SNOW SHOWERS BY FRIDAY AFTERNOON.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:01 PM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Anyone trying to go up on Sunday?
Old 02-23-2011, 11:55 PM

Car Info: '05 psm STi
This is a vid of my final run today at heavenly. Fire Break action!
Kind of choppy up top but it gets nice and open at around 4:00 in.

<youtube> 5wEY9qOvvE</youtube>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5wEY9qOvvE

Last edited by Mt.STi; 02-24-2011 at 12:02 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:29 AM

Car Info: 2015 Ford F-150 XLT FX4 Sports Package,SOLD-05 STi
Originally Posted by Mt.STi
This is a vid of my final run today at heavenly. Fire Break action!
Kind of choppy up top but it gets nice and open at around 4:00 in.

Fixed your link

Fixed.
Awesome footage Ben. Too bad I didn't get to ride it when
we were up there on Monday.

Last edited by XxSti05xX; 02-24-2011 at 08:33 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:33 AM
btt

Car Info: with awd
Heading to tahoe tonight after work. Hope the caravan isnt a disaster
Old 02-24-2011, 10:14 AM

Car Info: '05 psm STi
Thanks Steve. Ya next time you should try to hit this. It's too much fun!
Old 02-24-2011, 10:26 AM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
looks amazing ben!! ill be up sunday and monday after this new storm and I can hit it up with you for sure!! I might also need a place at hotel ben lol
Old 02-24-2011, 10:45 AM

Car Info: 2009 Subaru WRX Hatchback
Ben/Matt - I'm probably going to meet up Gabe sunday at heavenly, let me know if you guys are riding out there.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:26 PM
VIP Member

Kyle: Sweet skimmin' run! So I take it that you won it last year since the vid is labeled as such. Kudos, bro! I've watched a bit of the one held @Kirkwood when I was a passholder a couple seasons back. Super entertaining!

Too bad you wouldn't be able to swing a mid-week go at the mtn. If end up out there on a wknd, I'll definitely ping you. I'll definitely ping Dan once I figure out when I'll be using my M-Th comp. It'd be sick to catch a few runs w/ him since, according to your info, he could likely run it blind. Kinda like OneManArmy w/ Bear.

- - - - - - -

Justin: Good point w/ no shovels on our end. It was funny when someone in our crew would roll up & ask, "Where'd Cliff go? I thought he was w/ you." Then, I come punchin' out.

Can't wait to see last wknd's footy once you're done editing.

- - - - - - -

Mt.STi: Nice vid. That bottom section looked fun as hell. I saw a bunch of rock hits & tree jibs all over the place. Is that on the Cali side off Elie's? PM me if you don't wanna post up your secret spots. I understand.

- - - - - - -

So it looks like the winds won't be as brutal 2mrw as predicted just a couple days ago. Still gonna be HEAVY, HEAVY snowfall overnite 2nite & all day 2mrw. This wknd should be a repeat of last. Late or no opening of avy prone sections of resorts on Sat. But come Sun, all goodies should be fully available! I'm glad my earlier prediction of windhold 2mrw looks like it won't be coming to fruition.

I know a bunch of us are looking to head up for these freshies. Looks like I'm still gonna ride Sun, but I may try to swing Sat as well. Possibly go w/ one set of peeps on Sat, then crash up there someplace w/ a crew who will be rolling up on that afternoon/evening to slash pow pow on Sun. Still trying to work out where. Word fr my best friend is that he's got a comp (N*, he thinks... but I'm hoping it could be used @Sierra as well) for me fr his sis. Score!
Old 02-24-2011, 03:30 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I'd love to ride some of these hills with you local guys. It's just not the same when you don't know where you're going. And with my set up at Bear, I very rarely get up to other resorts these days. I think the only resort I wouldn't get lost in these days is Kirkwood.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:50 PM

Car Info: WRX
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I'd love to ride some of these hills with you local guys. It's just not the same when you don't know where you're going. And with my set up at Bear, I very rarely get up to other resorts these days. I think the only resort I wouldn't get lost in these days is Kirkwood.
I want to ride lower mountain at bear soooo bad. Those cliffs, open faces, and chutes tease me so much!!!

Saturday looks like it's going to be the most epic day with lighter weather and will have gotten a couple feet of fresh snow from thurs/friday.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:08 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by snowflow
I want to ride lower mountain at bear soooo bad. Those cliffs, open faces, and chutes tease me so much!!!

Saturday looks like it's going to be the most epic day with lighter weather and will have gotten a couple feet of fresh snow from thurs/friday.
I would check to make sure it's open and then drop "bad boy."

Either that or hit up the upper westridge gates. If you hike the ridge a bit there are TONS of shoot to hit up. Just don't go to far or you're walking out.

I only ride the lower mountain a few times a year. The lower part gets tracked out really fast and can be exhausting. And it's only deep enough for me to be happy a few times a year. Had a pretty sick run there over the weekend dropping upper gates. Nice upper bowl untouched action and a pretty sick run through one of the more open lower shoots.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:12 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Yeah! You'd pretty much own the backside. Catch Chair 4, drop the Wave, then annihilate the open bowl. Back up 4, take the 2 tow ropes, then smash up Fawn Ridge. Rinse & repeat. That's my typical game plan. Then when I think I've had enough, I hit one of the chutes to get back to the frontside.

When I was sharing a chair w/ Li'l Jeff this past wknd, I was telling him about this guy Ian that I met @ my friend's condo @Kirkwood a couple seasons back. He dropped Hospital Air off Chair 10. Here's the link to the google vid... It's beyond freakin' b0nkerz!!! Warning: NSFW due to language.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...5324186987273#

I thought my friend said Ian's "huck" was on youtube (she was mistaken). But I'm glad she was b/c I found another vid of a guy who did Hosp Air who posted other great footage. Check this one out of a crazy, sick line in the Lower Cirque @The Wood. "The Handrail" starts @ ~1:21.

Originally Posted by snowflow

Fr kyle's praises & reading about your exploits over the past year, I'm sure you'd lay the smackdown in the lower mtn.

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.