rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 02:00 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Yeah, sorry for the miscue cliff.

I was waving right but I can see how it would look like I was saying... "hit that." Especially considering there was no tracks there.

You made it out quick dude. That other dude flew out of there. You guys would have had to come back for my fat ***. I would have taken forever getting out of there. At least you know where not to go now. If you want to go that way you have to stay on top of the ridge on the other side... and usually walk out. That's why I avoid it. LOL.

Yeah it took everything for me not to knock that dude out. Way bad judgement call on my part paying the dude early. I just figured since he was a neighbor he'd come through. Guess not. Damn mountain tweakers. I can tell I have grown as a person in the last couple years. I figured it would be easier to just let it go and grab a shovel.

I'm gonna set something up with the neighbor and her kids in the future. Pay them $10 a foot or something like that. I'd rather save my back for snowboarding.

I guess we all pretty much had a miscue over the weekend.
Justin took the upside down trip.
Jordan took a less serious upside down trip and led me into a nice nipple deep flat section.
I followed Jordan in to the nipple deep and had to walk out. And I took that header of that roller I was hitting for two friggin days without falling. And flat bottomed the damn cornice on my one shot filming it. LOL.
Cliff had to walk out.
Lil' Jeff... not sure. I know he took a couple tumbles but I don't think he got stuck.
Kevin got lost and ended up riding while we waited... BOOO!
El Jefe took the massive tumble of the season so far.

I really need to keep in mind that I catch up to pretty much everyone. I had two run ins on the cornice tossed by running up on people. Apparently the time I spent polishing out that graphite wax job was working. LOL.

Really hope that footage I took turned out. Couple sections were pretty tight. I had to put my hand up to protect the camera.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:01 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
Man yesterday was just crazy! Amazing fresh pow and huge Maryam jumps in the trees! I had a blast! More snow to cone this week!!
Lucky.

Yeah I'm hoping to get another day in this weekend. Can't swing both though. Unless I can talk the wife in to coming up with the munchkin. But that will require work for both Justin and myself.... One ain't going without the other.

LOL!

DUUUUUDE!. Side bar. Just realized that my sister is going in to get her twins yanked out tomorrow. I'm gonna have a new niece and nephew tomorrow! WOOT!
Old 02-22-2011, 02:09 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
I had a pretty epic day at Sugar Bowl Monday, 47 runs, 33,250 vert feet, tons o' fun!
I'll be heading to Montana on Thursday/Friday then I'm entered in a World Cup Speed ski race in Canada the following weekend.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:17 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by psoper
I had a pretty epic day at Sugar Bowl Monday, 47 runs, 33,250 vert feet, tons o' fun!
I'll be heading to Montana on Thursday/Friday then I'm entered in a World Cup Speed ski race in Canada the following weekend.
Damn Pete! That's some serious laps. Do you keep track on your phone or do you have another method?

I've considered using the ap on my phone but last time I carried my phone on me I busted it.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:38 PM

I used to use an Avocet Vertech watch, which are really cool and easy to use but they kind of disappeared, (although I called them last week and was told they will have them again in a month or two) -but this season I've been skiing with a Garmin GPS, then downloading the tracks and dissecting them using GPS trackmaker to get more detailed stats.

It's particularly fun keeping track of speeds on the slopes, of my 47 runs yesterday I exceeded 49 mph on 29 of them and had a top speed for the day of 60mph. Top speed so far this season was up around 87, I hope to see triple digits in Canada on the speed track.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:49 PM
General Pimpin'

I used to use an Avocet Vertech watch, which are really cool and easy to use but they kind of disappeared, (although I called them last week and was told they will have them again in a month or two) -but this season I've been skiing with a Garmin GPS, then downloading the tracks and dissecting them using GPS trackmaker to get more detailed stats.

It's particularly fun keeping track of speeds on the slopes, of my 47 runs yesterday I exceeded 49 mph on 29 of them and had a top speed for the day of 60mph. Top speed so far this season was up around 87, I hope to see triple digits in Canada on the speed track.
Jesus! That's fast.

I have no clue what my fastest is this year. I'd have to take a ball park guess and say somewhere in the 60's. Triple digits... get some spandex and a speed helmet... do it up!

I think the fastest we have on video is in the 40's.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Lucky.

Yeah I'm hoping to get another day in this weekend. Can't swing both though. Unless I can talk the wife in to coming up with the munchkin. But that will require work for both Justin and myself.... One ain't going without the other.

LOL!

DUUUUUDE!. Side bar. Just realized that my sister is going in to get her twins yanked out tomorrow. I'm gonna have a new niece and nephew tomorrow! WOOT!
Dawn asked when are we all going up to the snow. But that might still only include one day of riding, or at least maybe a day and a couple runs the next day. It would all depend on how the muchkin's enjoy the cold and snow.

I know watching the camera you cut through some tight tree lines a few times and you barely caught 'lil Jeff's tumble keeping the camera off the snow. Also Jordan's run through the park is a little dark since the clouds rolled in. I watched the kid snake your line as you were waiting for Cliff and lil Jeff. When I saw him go towards that spot I knew that was gonna be your line.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:53 PM
VIP Member

Damn that's fast!! I average 25-30, cruise groomers at 35+ but the fastest speed hit this season so far is 42.

Yea, Ray I know you and Jordan have probably both hit 50+ a couple times this season. I wish the GPS on the camera wasn't so spotty.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:56 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
Dawn asked when are we all going up to the snow. But that might still only include one day of riding, or at least maybe a day and a couple runs the next day. It would all depend on how the muchkin's enjoy the cold and snow.

I know watching the camera you cut through some tight tree lines a few times and you barely caught 'lil Jeff's tumble keeping the camera off the snow. Also Jordan's run through the park is a little dark since the clouds rolled in. I watched the kid snake your line as you were waiting for Cliff and lil Jeff. When I saw him go towards that spot I knew that was gonna be your line.
Yeah... did I say something??? I know I was thinking it.

I need to do more runs where I'm not waiting. I'll do more of it when we get multiple cameras going. I'll just take up the rear and follow as long as I can and then just keep on going. I find that if I stop every time I need to to stay close to people I end up blowing my flow.

One of those runs down the bottom I had some sick mo going and stopped a couple times. I just don't like getting way ahead of people in case something happens... and lord know Jordan isn't gonna wait.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:56 PM
General Pimpin'

Oh... and please tell me Dawn didn't see those tight tree shots... Megan will freak out and those weren't even that bad.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:58 PM

Jesus! That's fast.
... get some spandex and a speed helmet... do it up!
I'm just entered in the DH or "production" class, so yeah, spandex DH one-piece (no rubber suits) and I have to wear a regular DH helmet (no fancy aero speed bucket) and run regular production DH skis (<225cm before 2000, <215 since then).

I have a couple pairs of 240's, (actually, 235's and 238's) a rubber suit (with heat blisters on the back from my fall in '99) and my old helmet- which wouldn't be allowed to run anywhere, so if I want to step back up to the real speed league, I'll need to update my suit and helmet to the tune of about 3 grand, and then I'll need to go to France where the real speed tracks are, as the track record at Sun Peaks is just over 107mph.

I might be getting old, but having at least one run over 124mph is still something I really want to do- and might yet manage to pull off someday.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Reminder: 2 more minutes to get logged in for the TruSnow giveaway. And don't forget about the GoPro one.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by kyle16
A couple images from yesterday morning just trying to get out of the cabin.

My Subby.

Taken from the road, after about 30-40 mins of digging that morning already.
These look like very similar sights we encountered up in the village area at Bear over the wknd. I don't envy you, bruddah. At least you got some good riding in like we did, eh?
Old 02-22-2011, 03:06 PM
VIP Member

Oh... and please tell me Dawn didn't see those tight tree shots... Megan will freak out and those weren't even that bad.
I haven't shown Dawn any of the footage yet. I'll keep the tight tree ones to ourselves.

Yea, you said that kid just stole my line.

I know there was one part where you were killing the jump turns and smashing down on the bottom and pulled up to wait next to Jordan.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:08 PM
VIP Member

Yeah... did I say something??? I know I was thinking it.

I need to do more runs where I'm not waiting. I'll do more of it when we get multiple cameras going. I'll just take up the rear and follow as long as I can and then just keep on going. I find that if I stop every time I need to to stay close to people I end up blowing my flow.

One of those runs down the bottom I had some sick mo going and stopped a couple times. I just don't like getting way ahead of people in case something happens... and lord know Jordan isn't gonna wait.
I think we just need to run radios more often. Be able to radio if we get stuck or hurt so we don't have to stay too close together.

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.