rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 08:59 PM

Car Info: Wrb bugeye
No blackout dates at Sierra if u have a limited/ college pass. We hit Northstar Sunday, **** the superbowl we had to shred. I can never decide between the stash and pinball, they're both dope. Although It is a shame they shut the door on the stash cabin, no more mid day safety meetings
Old 02-07-2011, 09:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by steeze
Dude Jackson Hole was the most epic week of my life ever. If you have a chance to do it, do it lol.

I have a college season pass that I bought at Heavenly. But a season pass at Heavenly works at Northstar and Sierra as well. I know that Sierra usually doesn't have blackout dates when Northstar and Heavenly do. Since Feb 18th weekend is president's day weekend, I was wondering if I can use my season pass at any of those resorts on that weekend.

How is Homewood btw? I have a pass at alpine as well..which means I have a pass at homewood too lol. I heard Homewood is a nice fun little mountain.

I've wasted so much money on snow related things this year..
The footage & photos I've seen of Jackson Hole get me stoked to ride. I'm sure I won't be disappointed if I can ever make it there.

Like GD916 noted, you're good @Sierra but not the other two. Full details can be found here. I'm sure all the N* & Hvnly regulars flocking to Sierra will make it an utter Charlie Foxtrot on Prez wknd. I'd personally hit up Alpine & Homewood if your pass isn't blacked out.

Homewood is a medium-sized resort, but it's a lot more to the mtn than most people realize. While it takes a bit of a traverse (Think CA-to-NV trail @Heavenly before they re-graded it.) off the triple chair, there are TONS of fun stuff to be had as you head to the advanced terrain. Having only ONE high-speed chair helps to keep the crowds away, which actually translates to roughly the same amount (if not a bit more) of actually shredding vs. waiting in HUGE lines at the bigger resorts. It's a Ma & Pop type resort w/ a chill, mellow vibe. Plus, like Sierra & N*, it's one of the places to hit up on those windier days.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:56 PM

Car Info: 03 wrx
Originally Posted by NorCalDC5
I've only used my pass twice and the 2nd time I only got 4 runs in
I've only used it once, which was the time the four of us went up. lol
Old 02-07-2011, 10:08 PM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
This weather better get better
Old 02-08-2011, 09:11 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
^^ Snow on the way for next week!! So stoked!
Old 02-08-2011, 11:51 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Yeah, I have a feeling that despite what Punxsutawney Phil said last week Ol' Man Winter will be making a serious comeback for us. We started the season w/ a good 5-6 weeks of "rinse & repeat"... regular precip for a few days then clearing for a few. After this latest 5-6 week stretch of VERY spotty (virtually non-existent) precip wraps up this week, we should have some consistent winter weather for several weeks.

As wakeskatemike said, snow inbound! We'll see a "touch-up dusting" late Sat into Sun followed by more generous amounts starting Tues. The slopes should be in awesome shape for their BUSY, BUSY, BUSY (read: crowded) Prez holiday wknd.

Can you say Phenomenal February & Miraculous March?

Last edited by boardoholic; 02-08-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:01 PM

Car Info: WRX
Selling my 5x100 snow wheels and tires....if anyone is interested. Nokians on lightweight allow gold 16's that clear 4pots.

I sure hope it snows some more! The mountain is really looking depressing.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:34 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by snowflow
Selling my 5x100 snow wheels and tires....if anyone is interested. Nokians on lightweight allow gold 16's that clear 4pots.

I sure hope it snows some more! The mountain is really looking depressing.
How much. Sound rad. I'm converting over to LGT brakes.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:36 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by boardoholic
Yeah, I have a feeling that despite what Punxsutawney Phil said last week Ol' Man Winter will be making a serious comeback for us. We started the season w/ a good 5-6 weeks of "rinse & repeat"... regular precip for a few days then clearing for a few. After this latest 5-6 week stretch of VERY spotty (virtually non-existent) precip wraps up this week, we should have some consistent winter weather for several weeks.

As wakeskatemike said, snow inbound! We'll see a "touch-up dusting" late Sat into Sun followed by more generous amounts starting Tues. The slopes should be in awesome shape for their BUSY, BUSY, BUSY (read: crowded) Prez holiday wknd.

Can you say Phenomenal February & Miraculous March?
I'm hoping it pushes in to a super heavy April. Last time this happened we went all of January with no snow and had a HUGE march/april.

I'm gonna try to get up there for at least Sunday. Might try to roll back out Wed for an up and down. Depends on how much work I get done this week. I have a BUTT load of work to get rolling.

Project has a lot of illustration involved and illustration takes time. But I'd rather do that than do a bunch of cookie cutter stock photo crap.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
How much. Sound rad. I'm converting over to LGT brakes.
I'd really like $400 for the setup. Tires should still have a few winters easily left in them.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:01 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Rollin to Sierra tomorrow if anyone wants to roll up. I go extra seats.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:50 AM

Car Info: 09' wrb sti
just wondering if anyone is renting out their snow wheels/tires, I'm in need for this Wednesday. if so they would need to clear brembos. ill lend you my wheels and/or shoot you some cash! thanks!
Old 02-13-2011, 10:36 AM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
looks like we will be getting lots of snow this week!!! next week shouldbe amazing!
Old 02-13-2011, 10:42 AM

Car Info: Foz
Hopefully this ice and slush is garbage
Old 02-13-2011, 08:17 PM

It's not super warm so the snow has been staying a very nice firm, yet pliable consistency. I like it. Been destroying jumps lately. Like just doing huge straight airs and landing near the very end of the landing on the biggest jumps Dodge has to offer. Good fun.

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.