rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 08:43 PM

Car Info: 2010 wrb WRX wagon
Slight chance I will be going up to Dodge on Friday, but if work is busy enough, might end up doing that instead. I could use the money for sure. But then again, could use some boarding for sure too.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:50 PM

Car Info: Foz
awd is the way to go!! what tires u running?
Old 11-22-2010, 12:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by boardoholic
Justin, I've popped in there a couple times. Last season when I was trying on TONS & TONS of boots @several different spots, the guy who helped me was pretty knowledgeable & helpful. They seem like a "core" type of shop that also sells skateboard stuff all year. I don't really recall how competitive their pricing is since I was primarily looking for the right fit & flex in whatever boots they carried.

Never Summer, eh? They rock! What do you have your eye on? And how about Ray's Santa Cruz hook-up?

Can't wait to slash some pow w/ you & the crew this season!
I'd prefer a Raptor X but I don't like that my only options are a 161 or a 165. A Premier F1 is nice too, and can get one at 163, but I'm not sure about the width being a problem. I'm unsure about a Heritage X. I really like the more freeride ability of the Raptor X and Premier F1. But the Heritage X is a wide board and 163. I really like that their boards have rocker and camber. So it's not a complete switch to rocker from camber. Might be more suited for my style of riding, laid back and aggressive when I want to be.

I'm over the SC boards. I like mine, but I don't need another. I don't like that I can't make the nose longer to float better in the powder and last I heard they had very limited selections in anything over 159.

Yea man, definitely looking forward to it.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:59 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
Originally Posted by salvator_rizzo
anyone going up tomorrow for the day from sonoma county? Brother and I need a ride definitely pitch for gas at least
hey i am not going this weekend cuz of black friday, but I got a couple carloads of friends with subies going up the following weekend.

there will be plenty of room for a ride if you and your bro want, and plenty of room on the racks for your boards, my rack alone holds 8,

lemme know
Old 11-22-2010, 01:14 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
hey i am not going this weekend cuz of black friday, but I got a couple carloads of friends with subies going up the following weekend.

there will be plenty of room for a ride if you and your bro want, and plenty of room on the racks for your boards, my rack alone holds 8,

lemme know
that'd be sick but I'm flying back to colorado for school on saturday :/ Thanks for the offer though

if anyone is headed up tomorrow or Wednesday though lol....
Old 11-22-2010, 01:47 PM

Car Info: WRX
Dodge Ridge opens Wednesday for those that care. (I don't blame you if you don't care because Dodge Ridge is way lame but it's where I live )
Old 11-22-2010, 02:15 PM

Car Info: 2002 Black Subaru WRX Sedan Stage 2
Originally Posted by subymobbin303
awd is the way to go!! what tires u running?
Bridgestone Blizzak WS-70's. 205/16.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb

lemme know
What kinda rack holds 8? Badass.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:34 PM

Who is going up Thursday-Sunday? I'm heading up Wed afternoon, so I'll be shredding N* Thursday-Sunday and heading home Monday morning. If you're going, we could ride together. They're saying another 1-2 feet of powder will come down tomorrow.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:59 AM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
In case people don't go into the BAIC Tahoe trip thread....

Colorado investment firm bought Squaw Valley announced today. That investment firm is the predecessor to Vail Resorts which could be making the double/triple whammy pass even better. Only thing I'm afraid of is if this resort company owns so many of the resorts, how it'll affect lift ticket/season pass pricing. The amount they paid for Squaw Valley hasn't/wont go public but the investment firm will be putting $50million in improvements into Squaw Valley over the next 5yrs.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by 04Impreza
In case people don't go into the BAIC Tahoe trip thread....

Colorado investment firm bought Squaw Valley announced today. That investment firm is the predecessor to Vail Resorts which could be making the double/triple whammy pass even better. Only thing I'm afraid of is if this resort company owns so many of the resorts, how it'll affect lift ticket/season pass pricing. The amount they paid for Squaw Valley hasn't/wont go public but the investment firm will be putting $50million in improvements into Squaw Valley over the next 5yrs.
Not quite. The two head guys in KSL Capital used to be executives in Vail Associates, which was a predecessor company to Vail Resorts, which owns Northstar. KSL and Vail aren't actually linked in any way except that KSL owns the Vail Mountain Lodge & Spa.

Regardless, they might be friendly with the Vail Resorts people since they used to work there...
Old 11-23-2010, 08:43 PM

Car Info: 2016 CWP WRX
they are friendly. i just met their team this afternoon. good times ahead @ Squaw for sure...

and to boot, we got so much snow it looks like january. so much to do.....

josh
Old 11-23-2010, 09:14 PM

Car Info: WRX
Going riding tomorrow at Dodge Ridge for opening day. Just finished putting the car into winter mode.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:22 PM

Car Info: Foz
going to northstar tommrow, going to be PRIME conditions!! yee yee.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by subymobbin303
going to northstar tommrow, going to be PRIME conditions!! yee yee.
I'll be there too. If you see me, throw up the V.

P.S.: they're opening comstock tomorrow, so you can ride top to bottom.

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.