rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 09:29 PM
vaj

Car Info: 2004 Big Booty STi with a two finger gap.
HELLS YES!

I can't wait for snow. This will be my 25th season of snowboarding and my 31st of alpine action. (I'm old lol.)

One big factor in moving back to the bay from Hawaii was the fact that I really missed riding. Pineapple powder on Mauna Kea was cool but lacked the consistancy and rideablility of da Wood, Sierra, Squaw, etc.

Kirkwood pass acquired. Must replace 171 Steepwater finally as she's a bit delammed. Who's making the best big boards nowadays?
Old 09-13-2010, 09:34 PM

Car Info: EQ Tuned Wagon ;)
im already putting my racks back on my car :P
Old 09-13-2010, 09:44 PM

Car Info: DGM 2011 WRX
I completely missed last season due to a knee injury, I had surgery in March (finally) but it didn't fix the issue, I'm waiting on a second surgery and am hoping I'll be back in the saddle to make some runs.

I almost always go to heavenly though, I love freeriding through the trees.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:46 PM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
Originally Posted by vaj
HELLS YES!

I can't wait for snow. This will be my 25th season of snowboarding and my 31st of alpine action. (I'm old lol.)

One big factor in moving back to the bay from Hawaii was the fact that I really missed riding. Pineapple powder on Mauna Kea was cool but lacked the consistancy and rideablility of da Wood, Sierra, Squaw, etc.

Kirkwood pass acquired. Must replace 171 Steepwater finally as she's a bit delammed. Who's making the best big boards nowadays?

Not sure who makes the "best" but I know Libtech makes some big boards and are a really good manufacture all around.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:47 PM

Car Info: MBP '03 Wrx
Been dreaming about the snow since the end of last season. can't wait for some fresh pow!
Old 09-13-2010, 09:54 PM

Car Info: 1975 Ford Pinto
wats the learning curves for newbies?
Old 09-13-2010, 10:10 PM
vaj

Car Info: 2004 Big Booty STi with a two finger gap.
Originally Posted by 04Impreza
Not sure who makes the "best" but I know Libtech makes some big boards and are a really good manufacture all around.
I saw some of those strange looking edged boards last year at the wood. Asked the guys riding them and they said they were a-mazing.

172 SkunkApe looks pretty killer! Last libtech I had was a Litigator back in the day
Old 09-13-2010, 10:16 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Wagon
my friend rides a skate banana and absolutely loves the rocker, i was thinking about buying something with that kind of camber but i gotta do jumps too so gotta have something more universal. as for the "learning curve for noobies", its all about how much you put into it. i rode with my friends who are really good and this will be my 3rd season and ive already got alot of tricks on rails and jumps. ive never been anywhere but boreal sierra and northstar and want to ride heavenly SOOOO bad, how awsome is it?
Old 09-13-2010, 10:33 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Best big boards... wintersick and never summer. But with modern boards you dont need to go that big unless you're either huge or riding HUGE pow.

With boards like the fish out there you can pull off way smaller boards.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by vaj
I saw some of those strange looking edged boards last year at the wood. Asked the guys riding them and they said they were a-mazing.

172 SkunkApe looks pretty killer! Last libtech I had was a Litigator back in the day
04caliwrx has a Skunkape, sick graphics and he loves the board (not sure what size though). I think one of the times I was Kirkwood I saw a Libtech board that was taller than me I looked around for the giant that would've rode that thing but no one really stuck out. I want to say it was in the 180's??? Could be wrong though.

Originally Posted by ARisso916
my friend rides a skate banana and absolutely loves the rocker, i was thinking about buying something with that kind of camber but i gotta do jumps too so gotta have something more universal. as for the "learning curve for noobies", its all about how much you put into it. i rode with my friends who are really good and this will be my 3rd season and ive already got alot of tricks on rails and jumps. ive never been anywhere but boreal sierra and northstar and want to ride heavenly SOOOO bad, how awsome is it?

I agree with ARisso916, its all about how much time and effort you put into it. I just started last season (had a couple great teachers that didn't give up on me ) and was linking turns and carving my 2nd/3rd trip up. My 2nd time up I was starting to get everything to work and then out of nowhere my 3rd time was perfect. Actually amazed myself cause I didn't even realize I was getting it till about halfway down my first run hahahaha I usually rode with my dad and gf (my teachers) but going up with a couple i-clubbers was really good for me cause it really pushed me to go faster and try some boxes and jumps. Took me away from the normal routine of going down up and down trails to mixing up trails and hitting the park. Now I want to get comfortable with the park, just gotta build my confidence up.

Heard Heavenly is really nice, would like to go there as well this year. Even want to hit up Squaw even though I hear it gets a bit crowded.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:36 PM

Car Info: 2000 SRP 2.5RS
Originally Posted by ARisso916
ive never been anywhere but boreal sierra and northstar and want to ride heavenly SOOOO bad, how awsome is it?
heavenly is awesome and huge.... you can board from california to nevada, it crosses the state border. and its got like the highest peak in tahoe @ like 10,000 feet.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:40 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Heavenly is overrated and can SUCK beyond belief. Killer midweek on pow days though. I'd rather hit up sierra, Kirkwood or homewood any day.

As for learning curve. Directly related to the effort you put in, your natural athleticism and previous athletic experience.

Youth helps.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:41 PM

Car Info: 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
Ooo snow season almost apon us!! Can't wait!!
Old 09-13-2010, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by LOL Vtec
Ooo snow season almost apon us!! Can't wait!!
CANT WAIT EITHER!!! hahaha I've actually had dreams of snowboarding. Wake up pissed cause there's still no snow and can't ride.

Has anyone rode a Ride Kink?
Old 09-13-2010, 10:51 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
Originally Posted by 04Impreza
That's they do! You have seen my setup last year!

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.