rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 04:08 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
I don't know about the legacy's, but the WRX's had a tool for the spare tire that had a pointed edge on one side and it was fairly long. So I pulled that out and was using that.
That's for taking lug nuts off dude.... sheesh.

As for getting hassled.... most of the time they'll just wave you by. They know. But in the case you do get stopped they'll ask if or check if your tires are M/S. If they are the next question will be.... "you got chains in there" Most times they will not check. But it's good to have chains.

My car has no badging on it so I've had them go... "that's a subaru? that's AWD?" But I've never not been waved through.

My car is not dumped but it is slightly lowered and obviously modified.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:51 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Anyone down for maybe a mid week trip to Bear Valley next week. I can get tickets for $45 with my pass.

I see 14 inches in the last 48 hours, possible on Sat, definate on sunday and pretty much snow from Sunday through next Sat.

This weekend is gonna be SICK. I need to get a camera so damn bad. And next week and next weekend are gonna be coocoo but I think the wife has me booked next weekend so a day trip mid week may be in order. I say bear because my gear is up there.

Anyone that's planning on hitting up Bear Valley this weekend meet me up there. Be in a gold/tan Colorado. 2 guys. One blonde about 6'0. The other dark hair about 5'10". I'll have brown jacket, black pants and a helmet with a pin up on the side of it. Brother has a green jacket, tan pants and a white helmet. Meet us up there and maybe I'll give you a personal tour.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
That's for taking lug nuts off dude.... sheesh.

As for getting hassled.... most of the time they'll just wave you by. They know. But in the case you do get stopped they'll ask if or check if your tires are M/S. If they are the next question will be.... "you got chains in there" Most times they will not check. But it's good to have chains.

My car has no badging on it so I've had them go... "that's a subaru? that's AWD?" But I've never not been waved through.

My car is not dumped but it is slightly lowered and obviously modified.
Oh yea. I never used it cause I always had my breaker bar in the car for that purpose.

And yea, it figures that the snow decides to come when we have my baby shower one weekend and yours the following weekend. Hopefully the trend continues so we can kill it the weekend of the 6th.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02Wag on 17's
Oh Snap!!!!

... WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE MONDAY NIGHT...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SACRAMENTO HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH FOR HEAVY SNOW AND STRONG WINDS FOR WESTERN PLUMAS COUNTY... LASSEN PARK... AND THE NORTHERN SIERRA NEVADA... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE MONDAY NIGHT.

* TIMING: A PACIFIC STORM IS FORECAST TO BRING HEAVY SNOW AND STRONG WINDS TO WESTERN PLUMAS COUNTY... LASSEN PARK... AND THE NORTHERN SIERRA NEVADA SUNDAY AFTERNOON AND INTO LATE MONDAY NIGHT.

* MAIN IMPACT: HEAVY SNOW WITH ACCUMULATIONS UP TO 1 TO 3 FEET ARE FORECAST OVER THE HIGHER MOUNTAIN PEAKS AND MOUNTAIN PASSES.

* OTHER IMPACTS: STRONG SOUTH WIND GUSTS OVER 50 MPH ARE EXPECTED OVER THE HIGHER MOUNTAIN PEAKS.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW... SLEET... OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.
More Information

... WINTER STORM WITH HEAVY SNOW POSSIBLE OVER HIGHER TERRAIN FOR THE HOLIDAY WEEKEND...

.A STRONG STORM FUELED BY PACIFIC MOISTURE WILL BRING WINTRY WEATHER TO THE AREA. ACCUMULATING SNOW IS EXPECTED SUNDAY AFTERNOON OVER THE NORTHERN SIERRA NEVADA MOUNTAINS... THE MOUNTAINS OF WESTERN PLUMAS COUNTY AND LASSEN VOLCANIC NATIONAL PARK. SNOW LEVELS WILL BE AROUND 5000 TO 5500 FEET. HEAVIER SNOW IS EXPECTED SUNDAY NIGHT AND CONTINUING THROUGH MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY INTO LATE MONDAY NIGHT. HEAVY SNOW ACCUMULATIONS WITH GUSTS OVER 50 MPH ARE POSSIBLE IN THE HIGHER MOUNTAINS AND OVER MOUNTAIN PASSES... IMPACTING TRAVEL. ADDITIONAL WINTER STORMS ARE EXPECTED STARTING TUESDAY AFTERNOON AND CONTINUING THROUGH THE REST OF THE WEEK.
Looks like Tuesday is the call!!!!
Old 01-15-2010, 09:03 PM

Car Info: 2021 Ascent
just got back from kirkwood. nice stuff rite now.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:29 AM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
This next week is gonna be fantastic. The wife and I are going to the snow for our anniversary. First year our boy is old enough that he can just chill with grandma and grandpa.

Hitting boreal Monday heavenly Tuesday Wednesday, squaw Thursday, and boreal on the way back Friday.

Its gonna be killer man, I am so stoked.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:35 AM

Car Info: 2015 SWP WRX
WOOO, should be expecting 10 feet of fresh powder by next friday!!!!
Old 01-16-2010, 08:01 AM

Car Info: 08 Wrx hatch
The weather is coming!! The skies are grey and doplar is hittin!
Old 01-16-2010, 12:28 PM

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX
Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
Hitting boreal Monday heavenly Tuesday Wednesday, squaw Thursday, and boreal on the way back Friday.
epic
Old 01-16-2010, 12:39 PM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
Went up to Bear Valley yesterday and it was great up there. No lines at the lifts, would say there were about 200 people there all day at the max, snow was great and the weather couldn't be better. Like others have said, next week is suppose to bring a ton of snow. My dad was told by a BV worker that they're expecting 5-12ft of snow from Sunday to mid-week. Might be going up to North Star Monday, don't feel like getting stuck on the road though haha
Old 01-16-2010, 03:24 PM

Car Info: 03 wrx sedan
I still haven't been able to get out there and ride yet! Money has been too tight this year, Got my room reserved for the horizon 2/5 through the 8th though. Can't wait to get out there...
Old 01-17-2010, 10:04 AM

There is gonna be more powder out there after this week than one could even dream for.

I am packing the car now, I am for going the snowboard racks for this trip because its just the wife and I.

So if anyone has been thinking of trying a snowboard raqck to see how it works, or just needs a rack to borrow this week let me know.

Drive safe this week everyone as its gonna be crazy.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:09 AM

i know this looks rediculous but insurance just paid $3275 to fix the front end and repaint everything so now that the starry night is gone this is what i did to protect it this week.

Name:  tapecar.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  31.5 KB

Last edited by Irish_car_B0mb; 01-17-2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:58 AM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
^^^I'd do the same Irish car B0mb, gotta protect our ish

Have a great time hitting up all those resorts. I'll be up at North Star tomorrow, sounds like fun to snowboard while its snowing, just hope its not too windy. More worried about getting up there and back than snowboarding haha
Old 01-17-2010, 11:33 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
i know this looks rediculous but insurance just paid $3275 to fix the front end and repaint everything so now that the starry night is gone this is what i did to protect it this week.

So much work involved. You should have just had clear bra installed.

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.