rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 03:44 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
Supposedly it's gonna rain all over CA mon-fri next week. Up in the mountains it's supposed to snow mon-fri too!!!!
Old 12-02-2009, 04:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02Wag on 17's
Originally Posted by boardoholic
From what I've read on here & heard from OneManArmy about your level of experience & riding style, you definitely should take a non-standard camber deck for a test drive. Ya know, just so you can form your own opinion about 'em.

Happy sliding, bruddah!

Nice!

That was good feedback and kind of what I was thinking would be the case. For me it may not be the "board" but a test drive is for sure in the future.

I remember having this sc156xxx board back in the day that was so soft and flexi...I remember having a lot of fun on that board and I rode it till the edges were so warn down they couldn't be sharpened at all (still have it in the bag). I'm thinking a reverse camber board would have a similar feel.

Guess I'll have to test it out...

More feed back/reviews...
Old 12-08-2009, 01:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
I meant to post this yesterday. 'Twas on my Yahoo snowsports group around 7am. When I checked the radar around noon yesterday, it was still showing continued snowfall w/ signs that it would decrease to snow showers ending in the evening. So there may be several inches to tack onto these totals. Of course, resorts are notorious for over-reporting, but I'm almost positive they got a HUGE dose of freshies.

White winter wonderland in progress..

New snow accumulation:

Heavenly reports 24 inches of powder

Squaw 24" to 36"

Northstar 16" to 18"

Sugar Bowl 22" to 36"

Kirkwood 24" to 32"

Alpine Meadows 27" to 36"

Sierra at Tahoe 18" to 24"

Mt Rose 10" to 12"

More precip throughout the week, and it's looking like it'll have the moisture content that's perfect for building up a solid base. I'm hoping to get a day in sometime next week before it gets absolutely b0nkerz during the holidays! Woohoo!!!

Last edited by boardoholic; 12-08-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:29 PM

Car Info: 08 Wrx hatch
Well everyone... we got a decent amount of snow here in Truckee, but Sugar Bowl obviously got the most (just like Kirkwood.) I was riding Nstar (aka..flatstar) yesterday and it was super choppy. I live up here, so riding daily is a must!! Let me knonw if anyone ever wants to ride Nstar or Squaw?! (I have passes for both) Pray for more snow! Drive safe

-Swisher
Old 12-08-2009, 01:55 PM

Car Info: 2012 WRX
Me and 3 friends are heading up on Sunday. Still undecided if we're hitting Sierra or Northstar or Heavenly LOL
Old 12-08-2009, 02:10 PM

Car Info: 2015 SWP WRX
Went up to North* yesterday for the first time this season and it was pretty awesome riding. Not everything was open, but it was still a good time! I'm planning to go up with ScooB and possibly cali04wrx to either Sierra or back to north* on MOnday so if anyone is wanting to meet up and come shred lets us know.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:47 PM

Car Info: 07 Legacy GT Wagon
I rode at Kirkwood on Saturday. It wasn't bad at all for it being early season conditions. A little choppy at first , but I got used to the conditions by the third run. I can only imagine how it'll be next weekend. I wish I could make it up, but I'm going to have carpet installed.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:46 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
All you guys that have been coming up on Bear Valley lift tickets... if you don't use em hook a nuka up! Or sell em to me for cheap.

With the out of work situation and the baby coming mid season I'm not sure if I'll be able to get my season pass this year. And besides... if I do get one I'll pass em on to others on our trips up to the cabin.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
I'm sure I've mentioned this website dozens of times before, but here it is again...
http://www.slidingonthecheap.com/deals/all.shtml
... for info on discounts at our nearby winter playgrounds.

So all y'all riders & skiers who've been posting lately about winter tires, snowboarding here, skiing there, etc., bookmark the link now!

Have fun & be safe when y'all get your slide on!
Old 12-11-2009, 09:06 AM

Car Info: Teh Subie
Going to Sierra on Sunday!
Old 12-11-2009, 02:54 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by boardoholic
I'm sure I've mentioned this website dozens of times before, but here it is again...
http://www.slidingonthecheap.com/deals/all.shtml
... for info on discounts at our nearby winter playgrounds.

So all y'all riders & skiers who've been posting lately about winter tires, snowboarding here, skiing there, etc., bookmark the link now!

Have fun & be safe when y'all get your slide on!

Snowboarding is getting ridiculously expensive. If they're not careful they're gonna LOOSE a TON of money by jacking up prices the way they are.

Look at it this way.... for me to ride 2 days at bear valley for full price is $118 plus gas and food. So call it $250 and I have a place to stay. You toss in two nights at an average place we're talking $400. You talk about gear rental now we're at $450. So $450 for ONE person to ride two days. Make that a family of 4 and we're talking around $12-1400 for ONE WEEKEND of slope fun.

That's retarded. How the hell do they expect people to be able to afford more than one trip a year. I mean seriously, unless you're hard core it's pointless.

And that's at Bear Valley. One of the cheapest and supposedly most family oriented places. Start talking Kirkwood or Heavenly and you jump those totals up anywhere from $70 to $400. Who the hell has $2000 to take their family skiing for one weekend. Friggin retarded. The ski industry is in for a WORLD of hurt over the next couple seasons.

They're acting like the government... need more money need more money that fixes everything. Well no... just like overtaxing has hurt business in california overcharging is gonna hurt the ski industry... especially if they keep trying to push that new entertainment tax.

$59 for bear valley... what the ****.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:28 PM
General Pimpin'

I was just looking at the restricted pass rates for Bear Valley... it's $299 instead of $459 and you don't loose out on much.

Basically between now and Jan 1... which I probably won't be riding anyways. Then on Jan 18, Feb 15-19 and 22.

I highly doubt I'll be riding between the 15th and the 22nd since baby is due the 26th...

hmmmmmmm
Old 12-11-2009, 05:37 PM

Car Info: 2015 Ford F-150 XLT FX4 Sports Package,SOLD-05 STi
You can also buy your Kirkwood vouchers at Costco. 2 ticket vouchers for $119.99 (No Blackout dates)

Reason why I still mostly ride Kirkwood. Its still somewhat affordable and they have great terrain.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:41 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by XxSti05xX
You can also buy your Kirkwood vouchers at Costco. 2 ticket vouchers for $119.99 (No Blackout dates)

Reason why I still mostly ride Kirkwood. Its still somewhat affordable and they have great terrain.
Kirkwood is my favorite place but the cabin is only a half hour from Bear Valley so that's my joint. If it was closer to the cabin I'd do kirkwood more often for sheeze.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:13 PM

Car Info: Teh Subie
Epic powder @ Sierra. Literally elbow/knee deep on trail. They hadn't groomed a lot of trails that are open.

In tragic news, my windshield cracked in an ironic silohuette of the hood scoop. 30degrees outside temp and 70 degrees inside temp = glass fail!

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.