rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 02:48 PM

Car Info: .
I was up at Sierra yesterday and it was ok. Around 1 though it started getting kinda hot so alot of snow especially lower in the runs was turning into slushy ****. Oh, and they f-ing closed Bashful yesterday which was hellllla gay. Was still fun carving up the runs though.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:51 PM

Car Info: .
Was anyone up at Northstar this weekend? It must have hella crowded with all the people there for the Dew Tour.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Rode Bear Friday and Saturday with OneManArmy. Friday was epic. Fresh snow and completely untracked. Cliff, you know the spots, nobody had been there so it was perfect. Nice and fluffy and great. Saturday, the snow got a little cornie but it was still good riding and still untracked areas for us to ride in.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by Lowball
I had arthroscopic hip surgery back in OCT...so March 6th will be my 1st and maybe only day this season...gotta keep it low impact until next season...and if you know me I tend not to be low impact and have a hard time not riding aggressively...

Surgery was due to a old snowboard injury down @ Mammoth back in the 90's...huge table-top, missed the landing, almost dislocated the hip. Had surgery two year later cuz I couldn't take it anymore...so this was just a revisit...
Good luck on keeping it nice & mellow on the 6th. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do, so you can really let 'er rip next season & all the other ones after that.

To keep yours & everyone else's jonesin' factor on high, check this guy's pix fr Kirkwood on Wed... http://sfskier.com/gallery/Kirkwood-...-Day-2-18-2009. I was fortunate enough to hit up a lotta that stuff on Thur & Fri!

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
Rode Bear Friday and Saturday with OneManArmy. Friday was epic. Fresh snow and completely untracked. Cliff, you know the spots, nobody had been there so it was perfect. Nice and fluffy and great. Saturday, the snow got a little cornie but it was still good riding and still untracked areas for us to ride in.
Nice! Can't wait til this wknd, y'all!
Old 02-22-2009, 09:04 PM

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX
Originally Posted by Nor-Cal'N
Was anyone up at Northstar this weekend? It must have hella crowded with all the people there for the Dew Tour.
i was there saturday it was pretty crazy..i rode for a few hours and just left and went to boreal for night shred
Old 02-22-2009, 09:20 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
Originally Posted by Nor-Cal'N
yes i am still up! the rain sucked *** today!! but its kinda snowing right now...
Old 02-23-2009, 10:47 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Lowball
I had arthroscopic hip surgery back in OCT...so March 6th will be my 1st and maybe only day this season...gotta keep it low impact until next season...and if you know me I tend not to be low impact and have a hard time not riding aggressively...

Surgery was due to a old snowboard injury down @ Mammoth back in the 90's...huge table-top, missed the landing, almost dislocated the hip. Had surgery two year later cuz I couldn't take it anymore...so this was just a revisit...
I was wondering what happened to you bro. I know how you feel though. I lost the better part of 2 seasons with the knee.

I may have to get a clean up this spring. My brother might be looking at a hip clean up too.

Take care. Better to miss one season than all of them.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02Wag on 17's
Reminder

Hey guys...I still have that Fish 160 if anyone wants to try it on a powder day just to get a feel for it...just head up 80 and drop by my house to pick it up...all you need is bindings...the board accepts the traditional Burton binding configuration...but I think you can use standard now days with all the disk layouts...

PM me to make any arrangements...
Old 02-23-2009, 09:17 PM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
I ended up at Sierra on Saturday, was kinda sunny/warm until just after Noon, then the clouds started to come in. I thought the snow was pretty dang decent, left at 3 because the chickie was getting leg cramps.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:55 PM

Car Info: 08 STI
Originally Posted by Lboogie
I ended up at Sierra on Saturday, was kinda sunny/warm until just after Noon, then the clouds started to come in. I thought the snow was pretty dang decent, left at 3 because the chickie was getting leg cramps.
Thats when you say your going back up for 1 more run then come back an hour later
Old 03-13-2009, 03:23 PM
General Pimpin'

Bump for any of the guys that ride with me...

http://bearvalley.com/tickets/season_passes/index.asp

that's the rest of this season AND next season. I'm gonna try and get one. I paid $450 last year.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:11 PM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
Kirkwood tomorrow, partying in S. Tahoe @ nite, half day @ Sierra on Sunay
Old 03-13-2009, 06:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Bump for any of the guys that ride with me...

http://bearvalley.com/tickets/season_passes/index.asp

that's the rest of this season AND next season. I'm gonna try and get one. I paid $450 last year.
Hell Yea down to $300, that's more like it. I'll be sure to grab this before April 30th.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:32 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
Hell Yea down to $300, that's more like it. I'll be sure to grab this before April 30th.
Yeah it's paid off in 5 days. That's EASY.

I think I'll get 5 more days this year... hopefully that and more but we'll see.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:54 PM

Car Info: LGT STI
you guys need the subaru limo!

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.