rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 10:34 PM

Car Info: 20psi Daily!
Anyone know if there's hella snow on the way to Northstar? I'm contemplating if i should raise my car a bit or not when i go this weekend
Old 02-10-2009, 10:56 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by imHELLAslow
Anyone know if there's hella snow on the way to Northstar? I'm contemplating if i should raise my car a bit or not when i go this weekend
looks like 'hella snow' HELLAslow.

http://weather.yahoo.com/Truckee-Cal.../forecast.html

hella
Old 02-10-2009, 11:14 PM

Car Info: 20psi Daily!
Originally Posted by Krinkov
looks like 'hella snow' HELLAslow.

http://weather.yahoo.com/Truckee-Cal.../forecast.html

hella
thanks for answering my question 'hella' fast!
Old 02-10-2009, 11:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by imHELLAslow
As Jeremy linked, Tahoe will be pounded for the next 5 days. Here's the NOAA/NWS pinpoint forecast for N*...click me.

For this wknd, don't forgot to load up on TONS of patience. It should be nuts on the road & slopes considering most "flatlanders" use the long holiday wknds to make their ONE & ONLY trip for the year to the snow. Now, if that ain't a recipe for it to be absolute b0nkerz, I dunno what is.

But I'll be optimistic w/ the rest of the powderhounds & shredheads in here & cross my fingers that the once-a-seasons will be intimidated & re-consider rolling out. Because w/ MULTIPLE feet of freshies predicted by Sun, I may have to re-think avoiding this wknd altogether & head up for another quick day trip.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:09 PM

Car Info: 03 wrx sedan
Wow, the last three days have been epic! I rode Squaw on monday, kirkwood on Tuesday, and Heavenly today. My back leg is done!
Old 02-12-2009, 07:42 AM

Car Info: 07 Legacy GT Wagon
It looks like this weekend is going to be bonkers!! I wish I was staying in South Lake instead of Reno. Anyone been to Mt Rose recently? Their 26" base is starting to scare me.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:15 AM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
Headed to Dodge Ridge on Saturday with the ex. Making her drive in the Audi since I'm gonna be partying hard the night before. Should be at least a foot of fresh powdah.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:21 AM

Car Info: 03 wrx sedan
^^wow you letting a women drive, that's just crazy!

Here's a pic from Heavenly on Wed

Name:  pow.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  89.2 KB
Old 02-13-2009, 10:10 AM

Car Info: 08 STI
Watch out for closures on the 80. I was stuck in Truckee Wednesday, left Northstar to come back to the bay at 3:30. Ended up waiting in Truckee till 9pm when they opened west bound traffic back up.

East bound is closed right now. Drive safe everyone.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:48 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
So tahoe was rediculous these past couple of days. i went up Thursday and Today and the snow was amazing. It is all completely powder. It was getting pounded as well while we were leaving and all the way home, so tahoe is going to be amazing for a few weeks here

btw, the freeway is open now as far as I could tell. nothing closed right now, a lot of people were heading up. Be careful of the ice, we saw two SUV's stuck in the side of 80 in deep snow on the way home
Old 02-14-2009, 08:49 AM

Car Info: 08 STI
Originally Posted by salvator_rizzo
So tahoe was rediculous these past couple of days. i went up Thursday and Today and the snow was amazing. It is all completely powder. It was getting pounded as well while we were leaving and all the way home, so tahoe is going to be amazing for a few weeks here

btw, the freeway is open now as far as I could tell. nothing closed right now, a lot of people were heading up. Be careful of the ice, we saw two SUV's stuck in the side of 80 in deep snow on the way home
Hopefully we keep getting pounded so it'll last more than a "few weeks"

How dirty is everyone's cars getting? post some up pics!
Old 02-14-2009, 10:41 AM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
So my friend sent me this message,

Tahoe got 17" in the past 24 hours and 12" in the past 12.

btw, we took an X5 up to the snow, and it was pretty nasty. Mostly brown actually. But it rained on the way back so it cleaned a lot off
Old 02-14-2009, 03:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
gunmtl: nice pic of that bluebird day!

Sal: good 2 read that you're back out there & your knee is all good fr dinging while on the moto a few ago.

I wanna head up to The 'Wood so bad right now, but I'm gonna wait it out a few days. The impending pukage combined w/ the winds over these next couple days are a sure recipe for high avy danger (88 will be closed fr the western approach). Plus, like at other resorts, they will be at limited operation w/ SO MUCH DAMN SNOW!

I've got Thur or Fri locked into my sights for a day trip...just gotta watch the forecasts & reports!

Tahoe is gonna have some seriously EPIC riding for the next 2 weeks. And hopefully when all is said & done, we'll be just ahead of seasonal norms! Hooray for ending the drought!
Old 02-14-2009, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by boardoholic
gunmtl: nice pic of that bluebird day!

Sal: good 2 read that you're back out there & your knee is all good fr dinging while on the moto a few ago.

I wanna head up to The 'Wood so bad right now, but I'm gonna wait it out a few days. The impending pukage combined w/ the winds over these next couple days are a sure recipe for high avy danger (88 will be closed fr the western approach). Plus, like at other resorts, they will be at limited operation w/ SO MUCH DAMN SNOW!

I've got Thur or Fri locked into my sights for a day trip...just gotta watch the forecasts & reports!

Tahoe is gonna have some seriously EPIC riding for the next 2 weeks. And hopefully when all is said & done, we'll be just ahead of seasonal norms! Hooray for ending the drought!

same here. I think its too sketch to go up in the coming weather, plus I figure there snow will be that much more in a few days.

I could def use a ride up at some point.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Yea Cliff, I had to call Ray and let him know. We were gonna ride Bear tomorrow, but after hearing gusts up to 80 and sustained around 20-30, most of the lifts would be closed. Not really worth the drive up there. Monday could be a good day, appears to have some diminshed winds, but still stormy. But this looks to be the storm we've been missing all season.

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.