rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 11:09 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by salvator_rizzo
this is good news, so far this season has been terrible. I really need my moneys worth out of my season pass to N* :/
Word. I still have to hit 4 more days just to pay for my pass at bear.

My brother paid for his last time we went up. He has no life so he goes up pretty much every weekend.

I think I'll still hit around 12-15 days. Was shooting for 20-30 but then we had basically a month of sun. yeah.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:53 AM

Car Info: 03 wrx sedan
Tahoe is getting rocked this weekend and I'm off of work all next week! heading up on monday night for a couple of days. Gonna get it at Heavenly, steep and deep!
Old 02-07-2009, 11:14 AM

Car Info: 2002 Wrx Wagon Vf34 EQ tuned
yeaterday was very wet at N*
Old 02-08-2009, 07:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
08/09 Season: Feast or Famine

Another funky snow season, eh? Long stretches of ZERO precip w/ unseasonably warm temps. I'm just hoping we finish out this winter like we did a couple years ago...killer late-Feb, Mar & early-Apr!

Originally Posted by SnowForecast.com
SUMMARY FOR THE WEEK -//> UPDATED FOR SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 8th...TODAY -> Starting out partly cloudy this morning, with increasing clouds this afternoon, and developing steady snow showers late afternoon through tonight. Snow looks moderate to heavy this time as a cold and pretty strong storm moves in off the Pacific and takes better aim on Tahoe for a change. The storm does drop southward some, but not as much as recent storms. Moisture is a bit limited with this system however.

Monday -> The strong and cold storm system moves through with additional mostly light snowfall under continued cloudy skies. Temperatures look quite cold, and winds mercifully decrease to limit wind chill.

Tuesday -> A brief and weak ridge of high pressure aloft noses in with mostly sunny skies and continued chilly temperatures, though not as cold. Clouds increase late, and another stom moves in, this one stronger with more moisture (and potential snow). Please see Wednesday's forecast snow totals.

Wednesday and Thursday -> Another storm, strong but not quite as cold with more moisture, moves through with heavy snow totals. Most of the snow falls on Wednesday, with just light additional snowfall on Thursday as the storm system moves off to the east. Clouds decrease late day Thursday, with some sun poking through.

Friday and Saturday -> A compact low pressure system moves south, more toward southern California, with light snow possible both days as this low pressure system passes by. Mostly cloudy skies are expected.

Long range forecast / discussion...

--Next Sunday through Wednesday (15th - 18th) another low pressure system moves into the west and sends several impulses across the Sierras, for what looks to be a heavy snow event each day. We will have to watch as the trend should be to storms being drier as we transition out of the unsettled pattern we are in. We may see a possibly more zonal flow across the Pacific after the 15th however, allowing for a long fetch of moisture causing some heavy snow possible in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. We may then see a 2 day break from snow, followed by another possibly epic series of storms (very heavy snow) the following Friday through Sunday (20th - 22nd). We are not trying to hype the weather up here, just excited about the possible heavy rain in NorCal (which we need), and heavy snow for the resorts.
We've got serious potential for some epic riding on bluebird days over the next 2 weeks! Cross your fingers, powderhounds & shredheads!
Old 02-08-2009, 08:38 PM

Car Info: Yellow 2003 WRX wagon, 2.0L/2.5L hybrid
I'm headed home from heavenly as we speak. The snow was decent, but of course we need more. It wsn't really snowing yet at the end of the day, but we drove through some seriously heavy rain at times.

We (shagginwagon & I) ran into an i-clubber with a sweet STi converted RS. Didn't catch his name...
Old 02-08-2009, 10:37 PM

well I'm heading up tomarrow to kirkwood. There expecting a foot overnight!
Then I'll be at heavenly on tuesday.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:39 AM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
a friend of mine told me North Lake got dumped, 21.5 inches in just a few days!
Old 02-09-2009, 09:40 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by gunmtl
well I'm heading up tomarrow to kirkwood. There expecting a foot overnight!
Then I'll be at heavenly on tuesday.
you are gonna SCORE.

The storm delayed a day on me and was DUMPING rain last night coming home. Very windy though. VERY.

But kirkwood should be killer today. KILLER.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:57 AM
General Pimpin'

oh man... I'm PISSED OFF right now.

The storm came in a day late and dropped 15 inches of fresh on Bear Valley last night. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR>..........

And it's sunny up there today off and on. GRRRRRRRRR>>>>>>>>
Old 02-09-2009, 05:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
oh man... I'm PISSED OFF right now.

The storm came in a day late and dropped 15 inches of fresh on Bear Valley last night. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR>..........

And it's sunny up there today off and on. GRRRRRRRRR>>>>>>>>
You serious? Damn that sucks. I hate just missing a storm like that.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:09 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
well either way.

Winter has finally arrived
Old 02-09-2009, 06:13 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by salvator_rizzo
well either way.

Winter has finally arrived
Lets hope.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:57 PM

I just got back from kirkwood, chillen in my hotel drinking a beer. All I can say is epic! They didn't oprn the back side yesterday so I was getting freshies all day.

Yesterday I rode squaw and got on the second chair to the top. These two days have been the best riding I've got in years. Today was total bluebird, I picked the right week to take off of work.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:13 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by gunmtl
i just got back from kirkwood, chillen in my hotel drinking a beer. All i can say is epic! They didn't oprn the back side yesterday so i was getting freshies all day.

Yesterday i rode squaw and got on the second chair to the top. These two days have been the best riding i've got in years. Today was total bluebird, i picked the right week to take off of work.
i keell you!
Old 02-10-2009, 09:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
OMG!!! Am I glad I opted to wait a day & sneak up today!

Sierra was bananas! We smashed up so much sick terrain today. Dynamite & all the stashes off to the right & left were SO MUCH FUN! Plus, I finally got to hit up Avalanche Bowl after all these years. Folks I had gone w/ in the past never had the huevos to hit that area up. We've got Jack's Bowl & the Gates (But w/ someone who knows that area well enough not to get us killed. You definitely need to have some experience out there b/c last season I got myself into a pretty hairy situation.) in our sights for the next time we hit up Sierra after a good pukage!

Can't wait to see if the footy one of the guys took is any good.

Ray...I guess you'll wanna kill me, too.

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.