rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 02:35 PM

Car Info: 07 WRX stage 2/ 05 Yamaha R6
are any of the resorts open on new years? if so, im planning on going..if not ill just wait another day and head out on friday..I was at boreal last friday-Saturday...snow was kinda packed..but still had a blast, and it actually snowed a little when i was there around 6pm..
Old 12-31-2008, 02:57 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02Wag on 17's
Originally Posted by TSNWrX07
are any of the resorts open on new years? if so, im planning on going..if not ill just wait another day and head out on friday..I was at boreal last friday-Saturday...snow was kinda packed..but still had a blast, and it actually snowed a little when i was there around 6pm..
Pretty sure all of them are
Old 12-31-2008, 04:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Thanx for the safety reminder, Lance!

TSNWrX07: Yes, all resorts will be open on New Years Day! If you had only looked a couple posts up , you'd see me asking for anyone hitting the slopes of Sierra@Tahoe to ring in the New Year! You down to meet up?
Old 01-04-2009, 04:10 PM
VIP Member

According to a few folks I talked to on the chairs & whatnot, the crowds at Sierra were a bit thicker on New Year's Day than New Year's Eve, which we were a bit surprised at. Seems that a bunch of us were hoping to have more to ourselves w/ the late-nite partiers still hung-over.

The coverage was pretty good except for on the backside. Huge disappointment for me since I abso-effing-lutely love the ElDo chair for alternating rock hucks & tree runs w/ laps down the X-course for a couple hours. After taking that one run back there dodging rocks, it was no wonder that they weren't running that lift yet.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:46 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Damn man. Another major avi out there in BC. Those guys really need to be more careful. I know that second group was probably trying to help but they should have come from below not above. That's the same thing that killed craig pretty much. A group of people above another group not paying attention to the fact that if they cracked something off it would wipe out the other group.

I'd really like to invest in a few different pieces of avi gear and do a couple courses. They offer them free at bear valley and some other resorts.

I smashed around bear on sunday a bit. Got one good crunchy pow run in. Untouched for a couple hundred yards. The rest was choppy and beat up and actually really technical riding. And some just strait speed runs. Lot of fun with justin and my brother jordan.

I'm sore. way outta shape.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:33 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by scarface
haha seriously!!! yeah i went last sunday also. So i am trying to get my third day in too. Gonna be gone for new years in socal. But when i get back definitely gonna go ridin more. We might have to hook up. So whats up with this big i-club cruise to the snow??? Is that happening?
So didya get that 3rd day in yet? Mine @Sierra was cool. Only downers were: I didn't get started as quickly as I wanted to b/c I brought up my niece & nephew to get their learn on & I wanted the whole process b4 actually getting on the slopes to be as worry-free as possible for them; then, I was disappointed that the backside had pretty poor coverage. Still not a bad way to ring in the New Year though! Hope your New Year's celebrating in SoCal went off w/o a hitch.

And the Tahoe Extravaganza is still going down, bro! Go here for the latest & greatest info...
https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/baic-1st-annual-lake-tahoe-extravaganza-194445/
I dunno if I could pull off the FULL 3+ days but definitely Fri & Sat. I may have to cut out on Sun...we'll see. Hope you can manage to join in the mayhem!
Old 01-05-2009, 11:15 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Damn man. Another major avi out there in BC. Those guys really need to be more careful. I know that second group was probably trying to help but they should have come from below not above. That's the same thing that killed craig pretty much. A group of people above another group not paying attention to the fact that if they cracked something off it would wipe out the other group.

I'd really like to invest in a few different pieces of avi gear and do a couple courses. They offer them free at bear valley and some other resorts.

I smashed around bear on sunday a bit. Got one good crunchy pow run in. Untouched for a couple hundred yards. The rest was choppy and beat up and actually really technical riding. And some just strait speed runs. Lot of fun with justin and my brother jordan.

Yep...sad to hear/read about the very real life-threatening dangers in & out of bounds in our winter playgrounds. RIP, boys.

If my schedule works out, I'd really want to take the AIARE Level 1 Course this year @Bear or Kirkwood...
http://www.mtadventure.com/pages/ava...ation.html#ski
http://www.kirkwood.com/main.asp?pID=108
*The one in March @KW is the best bet for me since it's @the start of my spring break.

Also, good to hear that you got some fun riding in during all that time off you had.

We should start thinking about some tentative dates for our annual SubaBrew Crew trip. First possible wknd I can see as doable is the one right after Valentine's/Prez's Holiday... Fri, 20 Feb thru Sun, 22 Feb. All wknds fr that point on shouldn't be any "busier" than others til closing, likely sometime near Easter wknd in mid-Apr. Keep us in the loop once you talk w/ the fam.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:46 PM
cal

Car Info: 03
I got a pic with the northstar mascot. I think it's name was blinkie?

Old 01-05-2009, 06:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

I'm hella sore. So outta shape. And my shoulder and ribs hurt. I took a nasty toe snag straight down. Thought for a second I separated my shoulder, but double checked and everything was cool. Took a minute to recover though. Time to get my *** in gear and start working out and build my endurance back up.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:07 PM
General Pimpin'

word. I'm sore too.

It usually takes me 3-4 days to get into decent riding shape and I start hitting my grove about day 6-8 or so.

I don't think I'll do that without a little more at home work. I'll be on the ENDO board every night I think and I already have the bowflex 3 times a week on my to do.

Thanks for driving. Was fun. I was a zombie. I think that beer knocked my out.

I've been walking around like I have a duece in my drawers.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:33 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by cal
I got a pic with the northstar mascot. I think it's name was blinkie?
Nice pic, bro. Gotta love whatever that thing is when it has that many eyes & is named "BLINKIE"

- - - - - - -

Ray & Justin: These ol' bones ain't what they used to be back in the day, huh? I dunno about y'all but I miss when I could charge hard on that 1st day, and maybe feel some soreness for a couple days. Then by my 3rd time up for the season, to not even worry that I might need some recovery time. Oh... to young again.... *sigh*

How many days did y'all get in over the holidays? Even w/ classes this qrtr, I'm gonna do my damdest to ride every other wknd all the while maintaining a few regular workouts in the week to keep me primed for the slopes... esp. our annual SubaBrew trip!
Old 01-05-2009, 06:38 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by scarface
Went to Homewood on Friday. Most amazing powder day ever!!!!!! 4 feet of fresh. It was very epic and amazing!!!!!
I went on Friday too. Did you bring you'r STi? I didnt see any in the parking lot.

The powder was AMAZING though.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:39 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by boardoholic
Nice pic, bro. Gotta love whatever that thing is when it has that many eyes & is named "BLINKIE"

- - - - - - -

Ray & Justin: These ol' bones ain't what they used to be back in the day, huh? I dunno about y'all but I miss when I could charge hard on that 1st day, and maybe feel some soreness for a couple days. Then by my 3rd time up for the season, to not even worry that I might need some recovery time. Oh... to young again.... *sigh*

How many days did y'all get in over the holidays? Even w/ classes this qrtr, I'm gonna do my damdest to ride every other wknd all the while maintaining a few regular workouts in the week to keep me primed for the slopes... esp. our annual SubaBrew trip!
one friggin day. Instead of getting 12 days off I got about 3.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:42 PM
VIP Member

Aww... that blows. I 'member reading how you were gonna have XMas Eve-Eve thru yesterday off and thinking how much of a hurting you & Jordan were gonna put on Bear.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:39 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx, 05 600RR, 03 Xr50 wheelie machine
ill be at sierra tomorrow and northstar on thursday =)

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.