rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 12:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Yeah, it sure is starting out like the 06/07 season. Most resorts didn't get open til the 2nd wknd in Dec back then, and that was limited to runs on which they made enuff snow. Like i said back on Wed (Post #2089), "... no real significant precip inbound for almost 2 weeks. Plus, for the next week, daytime highs will be just shy of 50*."

My 'radar' still stands at nuthin' til the 10th or 11th. But don't get too excited b/c we'll be back to another 2 weeks of nuthin'. Then we should get more snow in time for a white Christmas. I'm going out on a limb here, but it's gonna be b0nkerz right around the MLK holiday, then again right around Prez's holiday/"Ski Week." The mtns will get pounded out w/ tons of pow!!!

Pls. let my crystal ball be wrong for Dec precip. I beg of all you powderhounds & shredheads out there to wash your cars, put the patio furniture back out, perform those snow dances nightly, etc. I may ask one of my professors, who is part native Californian Indian, to pass along any special rituals that we might be able to do. I'm getting just as desperate as the rest of you!

Last edited by boardoholic; 11-30-2008 at 12:34 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:01 PM

Car Info: Toyota
thats going to suck if theres no good snow on the 19-21 weekend.
I already planned a trip with my gf and some friends.. its going to be her first time so I don't want it to be a bad experience for her with crappy snow conditions.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:30 PM
mot
Likes The Color Purple

Car Info: plug-in prius
Originally Posted by jonluude
thats going to suck if theres no good snow on the 19-21 weekend.
I already planned a trip with my gf and some friends.. its going to be her first time so I don't want it to be a bad experience for her with crappy snow conditions.
same weekend im going up. im staying at horizon in south lake for $89 a night.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:51 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX, tuned by Ed@EQ
i gave the snow dance my best shot this weekend.

changed oil to winter oil, swapped to winter tires and wheels, ski rack on, clean and detailed EVERYTHING.

i hate it when there is no snow...
Old 12-01-2008, 12:44 PM

Car Info: 2015 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by porTURBOer
i gave the snow dance my best shot this weekend.

changed oil to winter oil, swapped to winter tires and wheels, ski rack on, clean and detailed EVERYTHING.

i hate it when there is no snow...
Wow you definately did give it your best shot. This sucks
Old 12-01-2008, 12:46 PM

Car Info: 2015 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by boardoholic
Yeah, it sure is starting out like the 06/07 season. Most resorts didn't get open til the 2nd wknd in Dec back then, and that was limited to runs on which they made enuff snow. Like i said back on Wed (Post #2089), "... no real significant precip inbound for almost 2 weeks. Plus, for the next week, daytime highs will be just shy of 50*."

My 'radar' still stands at nuthin' til the 10th or 11th. But don't get too excited b/c we'll be back to another 2 weeks of nuthin'. Then we should get more snow in time for a white Christmas. I'm going out on a limb here, but it's gonna be b0nkerz right around the MLK holiday, then again right around Prez's holiday/"Ski Week." The mtns will get pounded out w/ tons of pow!!!

Pls. let my crystal ball be wrong for Dec precip. I beg of all you powderhounds & shredheads out there to wash your cars, put the patio furniture back out, perform those snow dances nightly, etc. I may ask one of my professors, who is part native Californian Indian, to pass along any special rituals that we might be able to do. I'm getting just as desperate as the rest of you!
that was pretty depressing to read your first two paragraphs. I hope that we get snow here soon otherwise people are going to

im going to clean my car right now.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Hey, don't get too brought down, folks. While it sux we're getting started later than we're used to, the resorts do all they can w/in their snow-making capabilities. Yeah, it ain't the same as "natty" pow, but it's something, right?

Come to think of it... no matter how much early season snowfall there is, places aren't fully operational til that wknd just before Xmas anyway. I recall yrs when the entire mtn had a good a 3-4 ft base in early Dec, but their staffing levels weren't quite there yet.

We've been so spoiled by such early openings for a time several seasons back that we've come to expect it every season. Lately, the m.o. seems to be lack-luster start, barely-below average overall snowfall w/ serious stretches of nothin' w/ phat pukage (multi-foot dumps) in a quick 2-3 day spurt. I can hear the bluebird days calling, can you?

To cheer y'all up, check out these FREE peppy & upbeat tracks courtesy of REI... http://reigoplaylist.com/ Warning: Many of the songs have that Old Navy commercial vibe to it. Most of the melodies make me picture peeps running thru a meadow picking flowers, but the lyrics are all "Here comes Winter, y'all!" (esp. the cut by Ohmega Watts -- my early season anthem).

Think snow.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by boardoholic
Hey, don't get too brought down, folks. While it sux we're getting started later than we're used to, the resorts do all they can w/in their snow-making capabilities. Yeah, it ain't the same as "natty" pow, but it's something, right?

Come to think of it... no matter how much early season snowfall there is, places aren't fully operational til that wknd just before Xmas anyway. I recall yrs when the entire mtn had a good a 3-4 ft base in early Dec, but their staffing levels weren't quite there yet.

We've been so spoiled by such early openings for a time several seasons back that we've come to expect it every season. Lately, the m.o. seems to be lack-luster start, barely-below average overall snowfall w/ serious stretches of nothin' w/ phat pukage (multi-foot dumps) in a quick 2-3 day spurt. I can hear the bluebird days calling, can you?

To cheer y'all up, check out these FREE peppy & upbeat tracks courtesy of REI... http://reigoplaylist.com/ Warning: Many of the songs have that Old Navy commercial vibe to it. Most of the melodies make me picture peeps running thru a meadow picking flowers, but the lyrics are all "Here comes Winter, y'all!" (esp. the cut by Ohmega Watts -- my early season anthem).

Think snow.
I agree we gotta stay up beat, or go out of state. But tahoe only usually has 2 late years in a row, pretty scary global warming is no joke. It's been years since an early season, and we've had crap for the last few......................

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee hurry.............

i think the resorts are going to have to stay open later in the year now, or they will go bankrupt all together.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:31 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX, tuned by Ed@EQ
ahh i agree.

just booked a cabin from dec. 26-31, then i get my other cabin from Jan. 2 on...so it looks like i'll be waiting a little while regardless!
Old 12-01-2008, 06:04 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
well...i am still waiting for some decent snow.

i am getting pretty bummed at the lack of the snowage.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:00 PM

Car Info: 08 STI
I'm heading out to Boreal this Saturday. Park run looks pretty decent. Anyone else gonna be out?
Old 12-03-2008, 02:07 PM

Car Info: 07 specB
what gets me is how ****ty and short our seasons are and how tix prices just keep goin up...its ridiculous, barely 3 months of shredding?! wtf?! i wanna ride so bad and i could get more action hopping around in my damn room
Old 12-03-2008, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by scoo*B
what gets me is how ****ty and short our seasons are and how tix prices just keep goin up...its ridiculous, barely 3 months of shredding?! wtf?! i wanna ride so bad and i could get more action hopping around in my damn room
It is a lame equation. The less snow= less money the resorts make= increased prices all around.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:38 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx, 05 600RR, 03 Xr50 wheelie machine
Originally Posted by thatguymike
I'm heading out to Boreal this Saturday. Park run looks pretty decent. Anyone else gonna be out?
im heading out there friday ill post up the snow condition..
Old 12-03-2008, 08:01 PM

Car Info: 08 STI
Originally Posted by DATZ WEAKSAUCE
im heading out there friday ill post up the snow condition..
Should be prime for this weekend, they were able to make snow last night and are making snow right now as well.
http://www.borealterrainpark.com/

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.