rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 10:34 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by boardoholic
Damn right, Justin! It's all about the Subie love. Aawwwwwwww....

Oh, and I'm just as "guilty" for giving away some secrets, too. So all you folks w/ questions out there, stay tuned! We'll sing like canaries I tell ya!
All I know is I'm sick of seeing no post having jack asses winning.

I can't believe dude was talking smack about the small resort love then loving up on flat star. That resort sucks. But hey I never did get caught up in the all about size trends.

It's about how you use it not how much land you cover.

I LOVE my small resorts. Homewood when the snow is good is one of the best. Bear, etc.

I'd rather pay $50 for a smaller resort and deal with smaller crowds and get more runs in than pay $70 or in the case of mammoth $83 to deal with huge crowds and lift lines just to say I went to such and such resort. Not that I wouldn't love to ride mammoth, heavenly, alpine, etc on a regular basis but for me it's about what gets me the most days. Combination of my house and it being close... I'll take my days at bear.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:25 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
"To each, his own." -or- "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

Or whatever other cliché you wanna use. Everyone's got their unique reasons they love their mountain, just like a guy would love his girl & have her pose in a 2-piece w/ his Integra ().

Apples n' oranges... some might say. I prefer oranges, but my buddy would go for apples b/c the citric acid tears up his stomach.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:34 AM

Car Info: 07 specB
i definitely can agree with the staying away from crowds on the smaller mts... the only thing that gets me is i hate hopping off the lift, shreddin down for like a minute and then blam your back on the lift again. i like runs that take days to get down and finding new lines...little places are familiar and great to just do your thing but its like autopilot to me...i wanna come around a bend and be like "oh ****" never seen that tree or rockdrop or whatever before...

anybody go to Boreal this wknd? saw the front page news on that ish
Old 11-11-2008, 01:43 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I never did get caught up in the all about size trends.

It's about how you use it not how much land you cover.

Damn, Ray! I just re-read your post, and I had to quote this part for posterity!

I thought I was a freak when it came to 'boarding, but you, my friend, have taken it to a whole new level. I'm not worthy... I'm not worthy...
Old 11-11-2008, 04:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02Wag on 17's
Originally Posted by scoo*B
the only thing that gets me is i hate hopping off the lift, shreddin down for like a minute and then blam your back on the lift again.
It's all good though...boarding is boarding...you may not have as long of a run but you'll get more runs in!!!!

One time we went night boarding at Boreal and got like 20+ runs just bombing the front Accelerator lift. Fun and icy as you know what...Now Squaw at night, doing the mountain run is a whole other level of crazy fast icy bombing!

But any place is good on a powder day! Donner, Boreal, Flat*...bring me the powder!!!!!

Funny story...my boy who rides with me all the time and fully has my back for whatever situation comes up was riding with me at Donner one year (way back when)...we were driving up and he was like "I don't really like powder, you can't go fast, and you fall and get stuck all the time". 1st thing I asked him was how's your board setup...we looked at it and it was setup center stance

Now granted he had never ridden powder with me and he was about to get skooled on it cuz it was dumpin' and I was about to show him the light! About 2 feet of fresh on the Donner backside and face all day long! Anyway, after that day at Donner he never looked back when it came to powder and finding the goods...we still hit Donner every year in search of...The Pow!
Old 11-11-2008, 11:22 PM

Car Info: 06 OBS
Originally Posted by boardoholic
"To each, his own." -or- "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

Or whatever other cliché you wanna use. Everyone's got their unique reasons they love their mountain, just like a guy would love his girl & have her pose in a 2-piece w/ his Integra ().

Apples n' oranges... some might say. I prefer oranges, but my buddy would go for apples b/c the citric acid tears up his stomach.

Hey Cliff (and Lance!) how you guys been??
hope we can all get together again this season, Im moving to London in Mid December so Im praying for at least one good weekend here before then. Theres no good place for boarding in England lol!
Old 11-11-2008, 11:41 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
time for the nightly boreal check in. i am really hoping to be able to get up this weekend. i knwo ther eis enough people too i am sur ei wont go by myself... but i will if i have to.

hmm not looking good. only one lift open today. i guess we will have to wait and see what happens thurs-fri.

50-60ºs for the next 7-10days doesnt look good.

Last edited by Irish_car_B0mb; 11-11-2008 at 11:44 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:34 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by chocobo
hope we can all get together again this season, Im moving to London in Mid December so Im praying for at least one good weekend here before then. Theres no good place for boarding in England lol!
Hey, Jessie! I thought that was you poppin' in on the boards here. How long you gonna be living across "The Pond," but, more importantly, WHY?!?

I'm doing what I can to appease the snow gods, but someone out there must be dropping the ball because...
Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
50-60ºs for the next 7-10days
I was brought down when I heard on the news that it was gonna be unseasonably warm later this week (close to 70* at the beaches & mid-80s inland... WTF?!?).

I'm hoping to get my slide on for the 2nd wknd of Dec. You still gonna be out here fr: the 12th thru 14th? And we gotta get Jeremy in on this, too. I remember him posting a buncha times last season on the trips he made out to the slopes.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:37 AM
General Pimpin'

My first run up is probably gonna be christmas.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:12 AM
VIP Member

Bay Area Ski & Snowboard Show

Although the free lift ticket voucher is WAY more restricted than it has been over the last few years, I'm still gonna check it out again. I need to buy my Tahoe Card, which should be $40-ish, rather than the $80 if purchased via SnowBomb.com. Who else is gonna check it out this year?
http://bayareasnowshow.com/bay_area.html

San Jose McEnery Convention Center - South Hall <--- big tent-looking thing
408 Almaden Blvd.
San Jose CA 95110

Show Hours:
Friday, 14 Nov - 3 pm to 10 pm
Saturday, 15 Nov - 10 am to 9 pm
Sunday, 16 Nov - 10 am to 6 pm

Originally Posted by Lift Ticket Voucher Info
The SuperLiftTicket™ card entitles the person whose name appears on the front to One (1) Free Lift Ticket from category A or B or C.

A) Any Day from 2008 Winter Season Open to December 17, 2008

Bear Valley OR Heavenly OR Kirkwood OR Mt. Rose OR

Northstar-at-Tahoe OR Sierra-at-Tahoe OR Sierra Summit

B) Monday-Friday, January 5 to 9, 2009

Bear Valley OR Dodge Ridge OR Sierra Summit

C) Monday-Friday, January 26 to 30, 2009

Bear Valley OR Dodge Ridge OR Sierra Summit
Fulls details on their website.

Like I said, while it is limited, I could see category A working out for me, esp. the last several days it's valid for Dec.

Last edited by boardoholic; 11-12-2008 at 11:47 AM. Reason: added "dates" to the days listed in 'Show Hours'
Old 11-12-2008, 11:14 AM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
limited as far as resorts? because 2 years ago it was the same right? just no major holidays...as long as they are good weekends i'll buy one.

And the $40 snow card is the same one Snowbomb offers for $80!?
Old 11-12-2008, 11:23 AM
VIP Member

Yeah, more limited in Categories B & C. In the past few years, there was a bit more variety (not much, but at least a few other options). Still, it's not bad to be able to sneak off & play hooky to hit up Bear or Dodge on Friday!

The Tahoe Card should be $40 at the show. I talked to one of the chicks in the SnowBomb booth @the SF SnowFest, and she said they would have their special expo-pricing again in SJ. I didn't have anymore cash @the Fort Mason show, so I'll be scooping it up in SJ. And, yes! If you buy it online, it's $49.99 (at the SF SnowFest, I was told it was $80 on their website) for the same exact card!

Last edited by boardoholic; 11-12-2008 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Correct Price is $49.99... looks like they lowered it! My bad...
Old 11-12-2008, 11:41 AM
General Pimpin'

is that this sat? If so I think I can go.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:48 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02Wag on 17's
Originally Posted by chocobo
Jessie!!!! Sorry to hear you're in jolly old England! I went to London when I was 16 years old and we stayed at Russell Square @ the Russell Hotel. Had some great Chinese food down in the Soho area...and I saw The Hippodrome (nightclub) when I stopped in at some arcade to play Kung Fu (80's video game) and then got lost/separated from the parents! Lost in London!

Well Jessie...good luck overseas and hope you get some boarding in somewhere...maybe you can hop over to France!
Old 11-12-2008, 11:51 AM
VIP Member

Yeah, Ray. I added the actual "dates" in the Show Hours tidbit.

Me & my buddy are thinking sometime on Sat... maybe 2-ish? When are you thinking of rollin' thru?

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.