rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 04:07 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
i was totally down for getting a pass to heavenly. i think i enjoyed it when i was there but people were talkign about it not ebing that great. it was only 30min difference from boreal. i think i will pry go up to heavenly later this year check it out and if its what i remember maybe hit that up, but then it goes back to what boardahloic says i think it is a lot easier to get my casual riding friends out to boreal. i will just have to see what is happening when everyone opens up.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02Wag on 17's
Originally Posted by scoo*B

whos riding Northstar this year?? id love to hook up and go put it down out there.

or does anybody plan on makin any trips to mt hood?...i'll be there on and off all season
North* is one of my least fav. spots to ride unless it's on a mountain bike! I'm not saying it sucks by any means but its just not my fav. On any given Sunday you'd find me at SugarBowl or even Donner before going to N*. But my fav. spot on the North side is Squaw & Alpine hands down!
Old 11-09-2008, 04:12 PM

Car Info: 07 WRX stage 2/ 05 Yamaha R6
I have yet to go to northstar...but from what I heard from most other riders, it is very promising..I need to give squaw a shot..Im usually at sierra,boreal, or heavenly....i know a lot of iclubbers enjoy kirkwood
Old 11-09-2008, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by TSNWrX07
I have yet to go to northstar...but from what I heard from most other riders, it is very promising..I need to give squaw a shot..Im usually at sierra,boreal, or heavenly....i know a lot of iclubbers enjoy kirkwood
TSN do you liek heavenly? besides area to ride would you say its subsatantially better than boreal (assuming they were both the same acreage, i know heavenly is way more massive.)
Old 11-09-2008, 06:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by TSNWrX07
i know a lot of iclubbers enjoy kirkwood
Sshhh! Zip it, bro! I don't want it to look like this...

Otherwise, I might hafta start throwing 'bows to keep my freshies!
Old 11-09-2008, 06:32 PM

Car Info: 07 specB
last 3 years: i had a pass at heavenly, then the double whammy(rode 90% sierra), and kirkwood last year...ive ridden almost everything in tahoe with the exception of alpine and mt rose and since i plan to ride mostly weekdays i hella wanna spend more time at Northstar...and Mt Hood when im visiting up there

i just wanna shred, its good wherever you go, as long as theres snow

oh and boardoholic...mt hood when its dumping is insanity i rode there one weekend in january last year and it was absolutely nuts. very low vis snowin sideways and we were just killin it...we got lost and found a service trail that luckily led us back to a lower bowl like 45 minutes later! lol
Old 11-09-2008, 08:39 PM

I wanna go ride so bad. i am hoping for this weekend. at this poitn i just wanna go. i am talking about so much i am getting hella anxious.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by boardoholic
'sup, Justin!

Good point on the winds @Heavenly. Lots of other resorts have to worry about putting lifts on hold, too. From my personal experiences, other than HV, I have had limited access due to wind gusts @ Kirkwood, Sugar Bowl & Squaw on previous trips. I also know that most of both Sierra & BearValley are pretty well wind-protected. But the best time I've ever had when it was howling out was @Homewood! Sshhhh! Don't tell anyone else how great this li'l secret spot is.

Also, Heavenly ain't so bad once you become familiar w/ the "problem" areas.

Finally, we need to find a place that rents out the Fish as a demo board! I'll keep my eyes & ears peeled! You do the same, bruddah!
I love Homewood.

I've experienced the wind at Kirkwood and Bear and Squaw. Heavenly by far was the worst. Enough to stop me dead in my tracks. hahah Besides the wind blowing the snow off the mountain, exposing the dirt and having the dirt blowing in my face too.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a demo of the fish. I really hope it rides bigger, being 6'4 and 240 lbs, I feel I need the bigger board.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:18 PM

too be honest it looks like it will be a boreal year again. i will still go to other resorts and try them out since i am in the process of getting a tahoe card. that will open me up for a better pass next year. the wife is wanting me to decide cuz i think it is gonna end up being a early xmas present or reguar xmas present.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:47 PM

Car Info: 07 WRX stage 2/ 05 Yamaha R6
Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
TSN do you liek heavenly? besides area to ride would you say its subsatantially better than boreal (assuming they were both the same acreage, i know heavenly is way more massive.)
oh yeah totally...heavenly's mountain is huge compared to boreal..no question about that...but I enjoy boreal because of price, and their mountain is pretty fun even though its pretty small..But the accelerator is dope..I'd say boreal is my choice just because its more familiar to me and you get your bang for your buck there
Old 11-10-2008, 07:35 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
i was thinking about gettign a new board today with all of this tuning talk, and discounts on tuning. it would be nice on having a board for begining/end season when it is all rocky and icy and crap. and one for the good part of the season. my board was fine for first couple years and then i went to squaw opening day and jacked my board up.

any decent priced options that i would enjoy. I got my board,boots, bindings for $149 as a package deal during the summer a couple years ago so i got an awesome price. i am not lookign to spend a ton of money but a better board would be nice.

right now i have a LTD Sentry 149 (im short 5'6") something a little lighter would be nice. my board i have now is also kinda stiff. my buddies all have way lighter way less stiff boards, they are also way better at riding than I am.

any suggestions would be nice.
If you are up for a drive to Sacramento, I'd highly suggest you check out Sierra Ski and Snowboard. They are located right off of 80. Pay attention to their sales on their website, http://www.sierrasnowboard.com/ they usually have sales but if you wait till about January, you'll find equipment for 40% off.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:23 PM
VIP Member

Actually SS has some really great deals NOW on previous seasons' gear. You just gotta hunt it down on their site. My buddy scored a killer Palmer deck for his style of riding & skill level, that is. I think it was $150+tax w/ free shipping!

Damn, all the "vets" on here giving away all the secrets, eh?
Old 11-10-2008, 08:35 PM
VIP Member

Actually SS has some really great deals NOW on previous seasons' gear. You just gotta hunt it down on their site. My buddy scored a killer Palmer deck for his style of riding & skill level, that is. I think it was $150+tax w/ free shipping!

Damn, all the "vets" on here giving away all the secrets, eh?
Just trying to help a subie owner out. Yea right now they got some good deals. About to pick up a pair of mittens and a duffel bag that are 70% off. I see a Burton Triumph on there, 169 50% off. It's very tempting.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:42 PM
VIP Member

Damn right, Justin! It's all about the Subie love. Aawwwwwwww....

Oh, and I'm just as "guilty" for giving away some secrets, too. So all you folks w/ questions out there, stay tuned! We'll sing like canaries I tell ya!
Old 11-11-2008, 07:10 AM
VIP Member

Damn right, Justin! It's all about the Subie love. Aawwwwwwww....

Oh, and I'm just as "guilty" for giving away some secrets, too. So all you folks w/ questions out there, stay tuned! We'll sing like canaries I tell ya!
Yea really.

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.