rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 03:23 PM

Car Info: 07 WRX stage 2/ 05 Yamaha R6
coo thanks for the link
Old 11-08-2008, 04:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02Wag on 17's
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
And damn that video of the Fish is sick!!!!!!
Everyone should take a ride on the Fish or a fish like board...if you ever run across a demo day just ask them if they have anything like the Fish...powder day of course is the key.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
What is a snowbomb card?

personally I never understood the purpose of a snowboard bag. it seems to just be a pain in the *** IMO
The edges are pretty sharp, also if you have it on a rack or something in a storm I guess itd be nice to have a bag around it. other than that I think they are for newbs who want to keep their board looking new. hehe
Old 11-08-2008, 04:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Lance, do you know of any shops (fr: the Bay to the Tahoe Basin) that do?

I know that the Burton demo tour has had the Supermodel & Malalo. I dunno if I've seen the Fish. Coulda been there, but since there were no freshies, I didn't bother asking.

Also, is Ian their nor. Cali rep now? What happened to "Larry" (Laurent)?
Old 11-09-2008, 12:18 AM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
i was thinking about gettign a new board today with all of this tuning talk, and discounts on tuning. it would be nice on having a board for begining/end season when it is all rocky and icy and crap. and one for the good part of the season. my board was fine for first couple years and then i went to squaw opening day and jacked my board up.

any decent priced options that i would enjoy. I got my board,boots, bindings for $149 as a package deal during the summer a couple years ago so i got an awesome price. i am not lookign to spend a ton of money but a better board would be nice.

right now i have a LTD Sentry 149 (im short 5'6") something a little lighter would be nice. my board i have now is also kinda stiff. my buddies all have way lighter way less stiff boards, they are also way better at riding than I am.

any suggestions would be nice.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:23 AM

haha i got 2000 post on here. YAY for me.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:20 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02Wag on 17's
Originally Posted by boardoholic
Lance, do you know of any shops (fr: the Bay to the Tahoe Basin) that do?

I know that the Burton demo tour has had the Supermodel & Malalo. I dunno if I've seen the Fish. Coulda been there, but since there were no freshies, I didn't bother asking.

Also, is Ian their nor. Cali rep now? What happened to "Larry" (Laurent)?
Yeah Ian was/is as far as I know still the NorCal Tech/Rep...It's been awhile since I've seen him but I knew him from back in the day when he worked for Mountain & Surf here in Sac and then he went to Burton.

Not sure of any shops that demo...I was a frequent shopper at M&S so they would flow me demo's and the bro-deal on parts...but they are no longer around.

From what I've heard the Malalo is a pretty sweet board too...one of my long time bro's has one but I've never ridden it.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:33 AM

Car Info: 07 specB
why is everybody talking about all these pinner *** resorts?? DSR, boreal, and sugarbowl could fit in northstar or heavenly together! 300bucks for a pass @ DSR?!?!? 80bucks more gets you like 10x more space to shred...im not hatin, believe me, i would get down with a patch of snow in somebodies front yard but damn!

whos riding Northstar this year?? id love to hook up and go put it down out there.

or does anybody plan on makin any trips to mt hood?...i'll be there on and off all season
Old 11-09-2008, 10:35 AM

Car Info: 07 specB
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
The edges are pretty sharp, also if you have it on a rack or something in a storm I guess itd be nice to have a bag around it. other than that I think they are for newbs who want to keep their board looking new. hehe
my bad for the double post...i bought a bag to shred vail and mt hood last year and have used that thing like crazy since...its kinda pointless if you ride the same spot but if you travel with it, its a necessity...i can cram so much sh*t in my bag when i fly, its awesome!
Old 11-09-2008, 11:54 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by scoo*B
why is everybody talking about all these pinner *** resorts?? DSR, boreal, and sugarbowl could fit in northstar or heavenly together! 300bucks for a pass @ DSR?!?!? 80bucks more gets you like 10x more space to shred...im not hatin, believe me, i would get down with a patch of snow in somebodies front yard but damn!

whos riding Northstar this year?? id love to hook up and go put it down out there.

or does anybody plan on makin any trips to mt hood?...i'll be there on and off all season
Simmah Dah Nah, bruddah!

I'm sure ya read (I hope) that IrishCarBomb doesn't need a whole lotta mtn at this point. He likes Boreal's relative ease of access, for both getting there fr: the upper North Bay as well as for having other peeps w/o a season pass coming along & not breaking the bank. He was actually considering the Double Whammy, which is what I was finally gonna recommend. But since he hasn't really tried out too many resorts and he's now feeling the Tahoe Card, that may be the best choice for him this season.

I wouldn't mind riding N* w/ ya, but I will avoid it on crowded days (namely Sat's) like the plague. That place was still reasonable maybe 5 yrs ago. I finally made a return trip there last season on a Tues, after "boycotting" it for a couple seasons, and me & my buddy had a blast since it was mid-week!

I doubt I have any outta-state trips lined up anytime soon... gotta stay locked-in on my academics. Plenty o' serious playtime after that I hope! Years ago, another buddy of mine was working in Portland, so a couple of us flew up w/ plans to all hit up Timberline. On our drive up, we stop off @ a shop & the owner there tells us that it's closed due to whiteout cond's. But he also tells us that folks hike up anyway & pointed out on the trail map where this would be. Sheesh! Just shy of 2 hrs to trek 1000 vertical feet, and I smash down in about 7 minutes! Obviously, if the light wasn't so flat & "whiteout" like the shop owner said, the trip down woulda been way quicker. Plus, I had to make sure my buddies were cool by stopping every couple hundred yards. We were Mt Hood virgins. Did I already say it was tuff to see that day?

Anyway, keep us posted on trips up there, and...

Think snow.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by scoo*B

Kirkwod>
Old 11-09-2008, 12:46 PM
VIP Member

Kirkwod>
How do u pronounce that? Does it rhyme w/ jerk-wad?

And I think this is what you meant...
Kirkwood > *

And before ya bust on me, check my location.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:57 PM

i rule at spelling
Old 11-09-2008, 02:12 PM

i rule at spelling
^^^
Old 11-09-2008, 02:47 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
...I'm not a huge Heavenly fan simply because there are far too many flat spots. Plus when the wind picks up, it gets really bad at Heavenly....

And damn that video of the Fish is sick!!!!!!
'sup, Justin!

Good point on the winds @Heavenly. Lots of other resorts have to worry about putting lifts on hold, too. From my personal experiences, other than HV, I have had limited access due to wind gusts @ Kirkwood, Sugar Bowl & Squaw on previous trips. I also know that most of both Sierra & BearValley are pretty well wind-protected. But the best time I've ever had when it was howling out was @Homewood! Sshhhh! Don't tell anyone else how great this li'l secret spot is.

Also, Heavenly ain't so bad once you become familiar w/ the "problem" areas.

Finally, we need to find a place that rents out the Fish as a demo board! I'll keep my eyes & ears peeled! You do the same, bruddah!

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.