Results: Evo vs STI shoot out May 8th

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 09:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Originally Posted by IS2Scooby
I feel like I'm lookin through the fence at a grade school playground during recess.
ditto.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Old Brighton
STOP!!!! The principal is coming!!!!!!!
Old 05-11-2004, 11:49 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
I was going to read this whole thread, until I read the first post and realized that this "shootout" between these two cars took place at a drag strip, and not a racetrack. What a ****ing waste of time. That's like deciding which 4x4 is better based on skidpad testing.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:10 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Evolution VIII
Talking

Originally Posted by msjp64
Guys Fuc# the Evo I love my Sti. Hey i have a couple of questions can anybody tell me how to get out of first fast when i race because i just had my first race and i didnt like my take off out of 1st its was bad atleast i think so this gti had a better jump and everybody tells me its because i have a 4 wheel drive car. my sti is my first 4wd car can somebody help me out ??
write back @ msjp64@aol.com

launch it at 5k-6k rpm. make sure you dump the clutch really fast and floor it pedal to the metal!
Old 05-12-2004, 12:11 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
I was going to read this whole thread, until I read the first post and realized that this "shootout" between these two cars took place at a drag strip, and not a racetrack. What a ****ing waste of time. That's like deciding which 4x4 is better based on skidpad testing.
very well said.

lol
Old 05-12-2004, 12:16 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 1fastGC
launch it at 5k-6k rpm. make sure you dump the clutch really fast and floor it pedal to the metal!
That was a joke.
Old 05-12-2004, 01:26 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Reiterating what BAN SUVS said, if you guys are bored why don't you organize something closer to a real shootout.

¼-mile drag racing (Sears Point or Thunderhill)
autocross
road course (Sears Point or Thunderhill) - spectators with handheld stopwatches will suffice. Need not run in same session head-to-head.

When I hear 'shootout' I think of something like Car & Driver Magazine's One Lap of America, which was just completed a few days ago. A local competition doesn't have to be that organized or extensive. Forget the slalom and skidpad - too specialized. Keep it confined to local tracks. Come to an agreement on fuel type and tire choices. Owner drives their own vehicle in all events - no ringer hot shoes brought in. And above all, keep it fun. If it's treated like a rivalry, it won't be fun for anyone.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 05-12-2004, 04:22 AM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
^^^
A smart, thoughtful post by WW as always.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:13 AM

As far as the shoot out thing goes...............thats the best we could get together in a couple of weeks, sure its only 1/4 times, but its the a good first try, which will add fuel to a growing fire...and i'm doubt that if i rented a racetrack ...that i would have enough of u people to cover the cost.....
If enough of u guys have NASA ready cars, we can try that in the HPD4 class................NE TAKERS>>>>>>>>>?

Last edited by MARKSTI; 05-12-2004 at 07:15 AM.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:30 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Origami posted by MARKSTI
...sure its only 1/4 times, but its the a good first try, which will add fuel to a growing fire...
What 'growing fire'?? Why create a conflict and rivalry where one does not exist? The WRX and STi owners that I know are very secure with the reasons they bought their cars and don't feel a need to talk smack about EVOs, or their owners, or prove themselves to anyone. When they go to the drags or Thunderhill, it's to have fun among other i-Club members and try to improve on their own driving. They never concern themselves with who else might be there.

Twice when I've gone to the drags I happen to line up with an SRT-4. I won both times but didn't bother giving the owners a hard time, nor did I brag about it afterwards to my friends. Why should I? What's the big deal? On those two particular days, I drove well and my car was quicker than those two particular cars. I didn't feel like they got owned, or anything.
Origami posted by MARKSTI
thats the best we could get together in a couple of weeks, and i'm doubt that if i rented a racetrack ...that i would have enough of u people to cover the cost
No need to rent a track. Just sign up early for an already scheduled track day. Lap times is all you'll need, not fender to fender competition. I'm sure Shiv could find some interested EVO owners.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush

Last edited by Wingless Wonder; 05-12-2004 at 08:35 AM.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:31 AM
VIP Member

This STI vs EVO discussion is plain embarrassing. You guys obviously didnt get the memo regarding "friendly" competition.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:10 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 yellow wrx
i love my wrx, but would be very interested in a heavily modded sti vs a heavily modded evo

truth is, they really are like two different flavors of the same car, and each has their benefit over the other one...
the STi looks better, has more power, better interior, nicer rims, imho
the evo is easier to get to internals like cams and such...
but they both rock
the only reason i would get the evo is cause it is cheeper, if i could, i would trade in my wrx and get a white sti wingless on gold rims... that is a beautiful car!
Old 05-12-2004, 10:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2009 G Ride
This thread is "neat"
Old 05-12-2004, 11:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 yellow wrx
hey, i like both cars, get the evo chris!
Old 05-14-2004, 06:09 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by DJTEN4
i love my wrx, but would be very interested in a heavily modded sti vs a heavily modded evo

truth is, they really are like two different flavors of the same car, and each has their benefit over the other one...
the STi looks better, has more power, better interior, nicer rims, imho
the evo is easier to get to internals like cams and such...
but they both rock
the only reason i would get the evo is cause it is cheeper, if i could, i would trade in my wrx and get a white sti wingless on gold rims... that is a beautiful car!
I am gonna have to disagree with you on the statement of STi looks better, and got nicer rims. That wing just has to go.. it looks like a park bench.. kinda out of place..

Granted the wheels are forged BBS, but they should have gone at least 8" wide from factory. The stock STi wheels look sunken into the fenders as if a body builder has a pair of chicken feet. Even if you go with aftermarket wheels, you really can't use anything wider than 8.5" wide wheels and has very limited choices of tire sizes.

Quick Reply: Results: Evo vs STI shoot out May 8th