Results: Evo vs STI shoot out May 8th

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 04:19 PM

Car Info: 04 WRX STi - Aspen White
Originally Posted by Wingless Wonder
I don't worry about what other car boards say about subies or subie owners. I didn't buy a rex to get approval or praise from people I don't know. I bought it because I happen to like Subarus. If someone doesn't like it, I won't lose any sleep over it.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
damn well put!
Old 05-10-2004, 09:20 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRB WRX
I like the suby community and am glad i dont have to worry about crankwalk or the fact that i own a mitsubishi. No offense to mitsubishi owners but i couldnt own one.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:27 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
Originally Posted by Wingless Wonder
The EVO is a nice car, performance-wise, and I don't mind admitting it in public.

I bought it because I happen to like Subarus. If someone doesn't like it, I won't lose any sleep over it.
my hero.
the only that i do not like about the evo is that their weight distribution sucks.
in america the evo is praised by every publication out there. in japan evo's are good but not praised like the sti. even with the new MR . from what i'm told the car will not be so involving(minimal driver input) as where the sti requires little more effort to drive.
with that said i would buy an evo in a heartbeat if i could afford to have that and the subarus.
i dunno. . . wish there were pics of this event. any1 have any?

aloha from the slopes of mauna kea
Old 05-11-2004, 05:36 PM

Car Info: 03 EVO 11.5/126 AMS GT35
Thumbs down

[QUOTE=hockeygod]I like the suby community and am glad i dont have to worry about crankwalk or the fact that i own a mitsubishi. No offense to mitsubishi owners but i couldnt own one.[/QUOTE

You make it sound like the freakin Suby is a Mercedes or BMW. Get a life!
Old 05-11-2004, 06:21 PM

funny how evo owners have to come here to defend their cars. man im glad I have better things to do than go to other forums and say wahh my subaru is faster than your car wahh wahh why dont you like my subaru. get a life and leave no one really cares how you feel about your evo. both are good cars one can be faster than another etc. my sti is slow 12.56@108.9 on pump gas, no tuning and i have yet to lose to a evo at the street races. i dont go saying they are slow cars or my car is way better cause who really cares about that. If I win i care about that, and when i lose i'll tell the person good run man finally a evo beat me, but then again dont think thats gonnna happen anytime soon since my 12.56 run i have a fp green turbo to put in, 800cc injectors, utec and now just narrowed it down to a aps front mount 500 or 650 series. so im going to underestimate ill run 12.30s and my 12.30 is faster than any other evo ive seen out here at the tracks or on local web pages. BOTH CARS ARE NICE. YOU DONT HAVE TO BRING UP A ARGUMENT ON A SUBARU FORUM TRYING TO MAKE US GO TO YOUR SIDE CAUSE ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN, JUST LIKE EVO GUYS IN THE FORUM WONT GET A SUBARU. Keep it clean and lets forget about this my car is better than your car bull****!!!!!!!!!!!111
Old 05-11-2004, 06:57 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
my boostspike brings all the boys to the yard...

edgar,
Old 05-11-2004, 07:01 PM

Car Info: ///M3
damn right its better then yours....

WiLL
Old 05-11-2004, 07:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2009 G Ride
I want an Evo...
Old 05-11-2004, 07:07 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by NORCAL STI
sorry couldnt make it. i ran a 12.56@108.9 no tuning on my sti at sac a few weeks ago. no tuning which i need. i just need my fmic, fp green and injectors and utec put in and im set. boost was only 15.5.

tony
Norcal...those r some good times.......
I assume that u make close to the same horsepower since your right around the same MPH trap speeds or just a tad slower.......What mods do u have???

BTW i talked to Vishnu today and found out the fastest EVO Stage 1 runs a 12.4@110............Fastest Stage 1 STI 12.5@110....Thats equal in my book.

Last edited by MARKSTI; 05-11-2004 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
And then the Evo owners arrived...
Old 05-11-2004, 08:24 PM

mods on my 12.56 run
gt spec header and uppipe
godspeed downpipe
espelir cat back
blitz sus intake
perrin crank pully
psi set to 15.5
stock tuning no utec or anything which i think is holding me back right now. with tuning im sure 12.30s i could hit. but wont matter now with my new set up. that run in 4th i hit rev limiter also so maybe i could trap a tad higher.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:22 PM

Car Info: 03 EVO 11.5/126 AMS GT35
Originally Posted by NORCAL STI
funny how evo owners have to come here to defend their cars. man im glad I have better things to do than go to other forums and say wahh my subaru is faster than your car wahh wahh why dont you like my subaru. get a life and leave no one really cares how you feel about your evo. both are good cars one can be faster than another etc. my sti is slow 12.56@108.9 on pump gas, no tuning and i have yet to lose to a evo at the street races. i dont go saying they are slow cars or my car is way better cause who really cares about that. If I win i care about that, and when i lose i'll tell the person good run man finally a evo beat me, but then again dont think thats gonnna happen anytime soon since my 12.56 run i have a fp green turbo to put in, 800cc injectors, utec and now just narrowed it down to a aps front mount 500 or 650 series. so im going to underestimate ill run 12.30s and my 12.30 is faster than any other evo ive seen out here at the tracks or on local web pages. BOTH CARS ARE NICE. YOU DONT HAVE TO BRING UP A ARGUMENT ON A SUBARU FORUM TRYING TO MAKE US GO TO YOUR SIDE CAUSE ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN, JUST LIKE EVO GUYS IN THE FORUM WONT GET A SUBARU. Keep it clean and lets forget about this my car is better than your car bull****!!!!!!!!!!!111
LAST post on this forum...

1st of all I never said that my EVO is faster or better than yours or anyone elses.
I was simply responding to hockeygod's ignorant comment about Mitsu.

But who the fu@k cares. Get your sh@t installed already and let me know.
By that time I'll have my stage 2 (upgraded turbo,injectors,FMIC) and we'll set up a meet at Sac. Raceway.
You're a cocky SOB, but that WILL come to an end.

Till then.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
This is great...
Old 05-11-2004, 09:44 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
I feel like I'm lookin through the fence at a grade school playground during recess.

Quick Reply: Results: Evo vs STI shoot out May 8th