View Poll Results: Which establishment wins? (Which is better)
InNout all the way baby!!!!
84.62%
White Castle all the way!!!
11.54%
Neither, I don't like either
1.28%
Other (Please explain)
2.56%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Which restaurant is better? In N out, or White Castle?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Which restaurant is better? In N out, or White Castle?

For those of you whom have had both InNout, and White Castle, which do you prefer as a whole. You have to take the whole restaurant into consideration, that means that you can't compare just one burger to another, you have to compare the whole establishment to the other.

I know we don't have white castle here in CA, but I know many of you have tried it. I have some east coast friends who say that InNout is the most hyped up and overrated restaurant ever and they prefer the likes of White Castle for whatever reason. I am the complete opposite, I LOVE inNout sooooo much more. White Castle is pretty good, especially when you're craving it because it has a very unique taste, but in my opinion they don't even come close to InNout!!

Tonight (and is when I started debating this with my east coast friends) I put down 2 Triple-Triples and an order of fries and it hit the spot more perfectly then anything else could have...

This poll might be bias, but I'll ask anyway. Would you rather eat at InNout or White Castle? Which is better? (Better overall, including everything on the menu, not just a burger vs burger)

Vote in the poll!

(Imagine being hungry as hell, like you just smoked a $20 sack and have mad munchies, would you rather devour some InNout or some white castle?)

VOTE!!!

InNout:

White Castle
Although they don't look as good, they are! All soft and steamed with that super unique taste... Def good when you have the munchies!

I'm pretty sure this is going to be a LAND SLIDE and I dont even know why they are compared to all the time, but I'm confident that InNout will pwn WC like it's nothing. Lets here it SF bay area!

Old 11-04-2009, 05:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
I vote In N Out (especially due to the vegetarian gf) but, I certainly wouldn't turn down some White Castle.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:49 PM

Car Info: N/A
WTF...two 3x3's? What is wrong with you?

As for which, I've never been to an actual White Castle, I've only had their stuff from the frozen foods section. I could see WC being more stoner food. To me, at least, In N Out is awesome and ALWAYS fresh for a great price.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Nick Koan
I vote In N Out (especially due to the vegetarian gf) but, I certainly wouldn't turn down some White Castle if it was an option.
I love how they cater to vegetarians and people who don't want carbs (protein style). I've had their vegetarian grilled cheese sandwiches and they taste really good!

The food isn't only good, but it's really fresh and the employees are always super friendly and treat you like a king/queen.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:52 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
i dont think this is a fair vote as 75% of people on i-club havent been to krystals/white castle.

so i would say the scale is tipped in an unfair direction.

i vote krystals though, cheaper and tastier

and the little frozen ones from the freezer section of safeway dont count

Last edited by Irish_car_B0mb; 11-04-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
of the two, whitecastle, hands effin' down
Old 11-04-2009, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by FlatWReX
WTF...two 3x3's? What is wrong with you?

As for which, I've never been to an actual White Castle, I've only had their stuff from the frozen foods section. I could see WC being more stoner food. To me, at least, In N Out is awesome and ALWAYS fresh for a great price.

a 3x3 may sound like a lot, but they aren't really all that big, and you have to remember that I'm a large grown man that needs a lot of food (I'm 6'6.6" and weigh somewhere in the area if 240-250lbs and I work out a lot which makes my appetite pretty healthy)

I used to really dislike the fries at In N Out, but they have grown on me and I can eat them like nothing! Just add ketchup and you're golden,
Old 11-04-2009, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by brucelee

a 3x3 may sound like a lot, but they aren't really all that big, and you have to remember that I'm a large grown man that needs a lot of food (I'm 6'6.6" and weigh somewhere in the area if 240-250lbs and I work out a lot which makes my appetite pretty healthy)

I used to really dislike the fries at In N Out, but they have grown on me and I can eat them like nothing! Just add ketchup and you're golden,
I have been around In N Out all of my life, and I can confidently say that a 3x3 is, in fact, quite a bit of food. I guess I should have said "for someone with an average apetite". The most I've EVER eaten there, which damn near killed me, was a 3x3, animal fries and a chocolate milkshake.

Last edited by FlatWReX; 11-04-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:03 PM
VIP Member

I have been around In In Out all of my life, and I can confidently say that a 3x3 is, in fact, quite a bit of food. I guess I should have said "for someone with an average apetite". The most I've EVER eaten there, which damn near killed me, was a 3x3, animal fries and a chocolate milkshake.
Do regular fries and an iced tea instead of a milkshake and you could put down another burger. Maybe not a 3x3, but def. another single. But the animal
Old 11-04-2009, 06:06 PM

Do regular fries and an iced tea instead of a milkshake and you could put down another burger. Maybe not a 3x3, but def. another single. But the animal
On average, a 2x2 and fries with ketchup is more than enough to fill me up. I'm rarely hungry enough to do the 3x3, animal fries and shake. That was a ONE time thing out of 15+ years of eating In N Out, basically. It still hurts to think about it.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:21 PM
VIP Member

On average, a 2x2 and fries with ketchup is more than enough to fill me up. I'm rarely hungry enough to do the 3x3, animal fries and shake. That was a ONE time thing out of 15+ years of eating In N Out, basically. It still hurts to think about it.
Yeah, I guess it depends. I've done two double/doubles before (I like the extra vegies and bun), but there is no way I'd do that with a milkshake (or soda) and animal style fries. That's too many non-burger calories for me.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:28 PM

Yeah, I guess it depends. I've done two double/doubles before (I like the extra vegies and bun), but there is no way I'd do that with a milkshake (or soda) and animal style fries. That's too many non-burger calories for me.
Animal fries are amazing...and they make really good milkshakes. Generally, my order is a Double-Double, grilled onions, no tomato with fries. No drink and nothing else. Affordable, super tasty and very filling.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:29 PM

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX
in n out FOR SURE. omg a #1 animal style. with root beer sounds so good right now. It gets even better when you go at 1 in the morning when you do some lung exercising before
Old 11-04-2009, 06:34 PM

Car Info: 2006 SGM wrx wagon
I went to Indianapolis and tried white castle for the first time. Let's just say the next few days I spent a good amount of time in the bathroom.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:36 PM
VIP Member

Animal fries are amazing...and they make really good milkshakes. Generally, my order is a Double-Double, grilled onions, no tomato with fries. No drink and nothing else. Affordable, super tasty and very filling.
Yeah, sometimes it sucks being lactose intolerant, so I've never done one of their milkshakes anyway. But animal style fries are kinda gross IMO. It really kills whats good about their fries.

Quick Reply: Which restaurant is better? In N out, or White Castle?