REPOST : filming for mass comm class

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 11:00 PM

Car Info: 2012 Honda Civic Si
REPOST : filming for mass comm class

Hello, I am posting on here cause I'm sure that you guys would help out. For an assignment in my Mass Comm class, we are to film and put together a documentary. I figured that it would be a great idea to do one on the somewhat flailing import and automotive scene.

The film used in this piece will be mostly B-Roll unless otherwise stated. No need to worry of unwatned attention, this film/documentary will only be used in a small class room of about 10. It will not be going to the outside world.

Please, PM me if you're interested, bump if you read, or let me know if you can help out or have any sort of advice. Thanks in advanced.

Here is a short little example of what I am doing...this is a teaser that a friend and I put together in about an hour. his car, my filming and editing...

http://media.putfile.com/thescenepreview
Old 10-31-2005, 11:06 PM

Car Info: you've got an electrical problem.
Ah .. Sorry fast and the furous was just here filming "v-spec 3 " The story of Type R

I dont want my car being filmed for anything...... Nor Do I want to lead anyone into the depths of the street racing world.. You know its a very dangrous place in the under ground JDM world... honduh ninja's jump out from everywhere......
Stay away...... Stay far away... Its not safe here...

Try the Beach.. and the surfers.. They like that stuff... And its not been played out sence the mid 80's
Old 10-31-2005, 11:07 PM

Car Info: Saabaru
nice video! what school do you go to?
Old 10-31-2005, 11:14 PM

Car Info: you've got an electrical problem.
talk with this kid... He can fill you in....and hook you up....

Old 11-01-2005, 12:07 AM

okay, first off...this is not a film on street racing, but a film on the automotive scene. second, the car being filmed is not your run of the mill 'rice rocket,' the car is a built f22b cd5 accord that pulls 13 time slips on an NA motor. third, the film is a student project that is not going to go out to the world, so there will not be any sort of unwanted attention. this mass comm class consist of 8 people.

before you write me off as a wannabe street racer and all of that noise, consider what i had just said. there is nothing wrong with a honda, there is nothing wrong with domestics, and there is nothing wrong with european cars. to each their own. in each segment, there will be poseurs and there will be big guns.

oh, and by the way, the short trailer provided was just to show what my style of film making is like for any of those interested.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:15 AM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
F22B's aren't the most tuner-friendly motors to begin with (opposed to H22's, B-series, and K-series), so kudos to that. Anyway, where are you located? If I have some time, I'd like to hear you out on your idea. I'm not the most knowledgeable about cars, but I have been spying the scene since 1996, so I've seen many trends come and go. Projects like these are pretty interesting to me since I used to go to art school. Haha.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Imprezzy
F22B's aren't the most tuner-friendly motors to begin with (opposed to H22's, B-series, and K-series), so kudos to that. Anyway, where are you located? If I have some time, I'd like to hear you out on your idea. I'm not the most knowledgeable about cars, but I have been spying the scene since 1996, so I've seen many trends come and go. Projects like these are pretty interesting to me since I used to go to art school. Haha.

in regards to his F22B, it's ready to be boosted...low compression motors rule. sc34 precisions turbo in the coming months.

as for me, i'm located in hayward, 94542 zip code to be exact. it would be great to hear your side considering the length of which you've been in the scene. PM me if you're for sure