Really confused pulled over for fix it but no yellow paper or sign!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 02:38 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Really confused pulled over for fix it but no yellow paper or sign!?

Got popped by a chp officer tonight.
Circumstance pulling onto 80w from 4th and Harrison in SF.
Semi merges and takes two lanes and I hit brakes chp almost hits me.
At this point both windows were down and he did not come next to me at any point.
Get pulled over into the chp station.
Tells me its for tint asked for registeration ID insurance and my csfa card.
Looked at the front told him I got a new lip and bumper had back surgery cannot put it back on he said no problem that's ok.
Goes back to cruiser takes 5 or so minutes comes back and gives me my paperwork ID and such.
Then asked me who was the owner of the car I told him it was my father and his reply was ok it will come to your PoBox under his name. I said ok and I would take care of it for him.
Then I asked if I need to sign anything and he said no everything is mailed.
I said ok thank you.

Question. Usually out sign and get that yellow copy. Did he let me go because of circumstances, firefighter and its my birthday since when he asked I said I will make sire to fix it? I'm guessing he let me go with a warning unless laws have changed. Any info.towards this?
Old 07-19-2011, 03:58 AM

Car Info: 2005 sti
Unheard of. Im pretty sure there is something you have to sign for them to send you a ticket. Maybe it's a new law? Idk.. Maybe he wants to send you a birthday card. Haha
Old 07-19-2011, 04:04 AM

Haha he did ask me what address I said my.PoBox lollllollol
Old 07-19-2011, 04:11 AM

Car Info: GR.SEDAN
Hope he let you off, but doesn't sound like it -

Recently my dad was driving my car in an area where police happened to be looking for some suspect driving a similar vehicle - or something like that... He was leaving the parking lot of (movie theater?) and was pulled over immediately. All of my paperwork was in order except that my front windows were tinted ( 50% or so, rest is limo tint). He let my dad know that he'd receive a fix it in the mail. No copies of anything to sign, no receipt or anything. The ticket arrived the following week... Cops are only fitting the 'lazy ***' stereotype even more now...

Oh, and happy birthday!
Old 07-19-2011, 05:33 AM

Thanks Tesh. but i mean without my signing that's not admitting to non guilt i think. so i can take it to court and say i never signed anything technically since i was pulled over and it wasnt one left on my windshield... did that ticket in the mail have a sign off sheet on it? the usual is having the back signed off then paying the fine.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:17 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
Sounds like a warning bro. He CAN'T let you leave whether its a fix it or a moving violation you have to sign something. Unless it was a photo citation.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:48 AM

Car Info: 07 STi, 02 F150-FX4, 04 ZX-636, 07 990 SuperDuke
Originally Posted by Heedz
Thanks Tesh. but i mean without my signing that's not admitting to non guilt i think. so i can take it to court and say i never signed anything technically since i was pulled over and it wasnt one left on my windshield... did that ticket in the mail have a sign off sheet on it? the usual is having the back signed off then paying the fine.
I don't believe signing a ticket admits to guilt, I think it's there as a signature that you will attend court on the day that you need to go (which is forfeit if you just pay the fine).

Fixit tickets may be different though as you need to repair something and get someone to sign off on it
Old 07-19-2011, 08:58 AM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.2L
I have nothing to contribute, but happy birthday!
Old 07-19-2011, 09:46 AM

Car Info: WRX
That would be awesome if he sent you a birthday card and in the card were two tickets to BAM 11.

happy bday though
Old 07-19-2011, 10:37 AM

Car Info: 05 WRX
Happy birthday!

I too got a ticket on my birthday 2 months ago.

Me: It's my birthday today.
Popo: So, you think you are special?
Me: Erm , no.
Popo: Then, why did you tell me it is your birthday?
Me: NVM
Popo: Here. (Hands me the ticket). Happy birthday.
Me: *thinking in head* FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Old 07-19-2011, 11:01 AM

Car Info: 06 STi 293hp/310tq / 2.5 FLI tune
Are you under 18?

A fit-it ticket is the responsibility of the vehicle owner, not just the driver. By mailing the ticket to your father who is the R/O it ensures that he gets the ticket and gets the problem taken care of.

Where you would sigh the 281, the officer probably wrote "Owner Notification" and then will have it mailed. No worries, just get it signed off before the 30 days and you will be good.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:27 AM

Car Info: 2011 Infiniti G37
Originally Posted by pete
I don't believe signing a ticket admits to guilt, I think it's there as a signature that you will attend court on the day that you need to go (which is forfeit if you just pay the fine).
this.

i think you will be getting a ticket in the mail. this one time my car was parked in front of my friend's house who was having a house party, and when the cops came to break it up, they ticketed my parked car for having front tint and no front license plate. didn't sign the ticket, but received a fix-it in the mail about 2 or 3 weeks later.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by McLovinMyWRX
this.

i think you will be getting a ticket in the mail. this one time my car was parked in front of my friend's house who was having a house party, and when the cops came to break it up, they ticketed my parked car for having front tint and no front license plate. didn't sign the ticket, but received a fix-it in the mail about 2 or 3 weeks later.
to the post you quoted i was talking about when you sing it says you are not admitting to guilt but will be showing up to court to show you have fixed it or are contesting this.

now that they can do without you being there IE. parking ticket sfmta will tack on no front plate tickets all the time. but if the owner/driver of the vehicle is present im pretty sure they have to sign some sorta paperwork, that is what i am trying to figure out. never heard of getting pulled over and receiving the actual ticket in the mail cause he definitely had his ticket book in his hands when he brought my license and such back.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by faraco3
Are you under 18?

A fit-it ticket is the responsibility of the vehicle owner, not just the driver. By mailing the ticket to your father who is the R/O it ensures that he gets the ticket and gets the problem taken care of.

Where you would sigh the 281, the officer probably wrote "Owner Notification" and then will have it mailed. No worries, just get it signed off before the 30 days and you will be good.
really? the threee fix it tickets i got back in high school were written out to me and this is sheriff and chp and city. it was in my name no mailed stuff either.

tint ticket
front plate ticket
use of a pa system

Quick Reply: Really confused pulled over for fix it but no yellow paper or sign!?