Really bad accident in Santa Clara...

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 12:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: SCBYDON
Originally Posted by sonicsuby
My "status" has nothing to do with it. The thread was on topic and you overreacted to nothing.

And now by continuing to post, you're the one knocking the thread off topic. Smooth.
you sure are always right
Old 05-20-2005, 12:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
and subiedon id kick his *** for calling you sir

what a punk
edgar,
Old 05-20-2005, 12:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: SCBYDON
Originally Posted by zumnwrx
and subiedon id kick his *** for calling you sir

what a punk
edgar,
nah edgar, its not worth it, i'd rather admire his "sonic"ness....all im saying is that, to me i'club is a community of people who respect each other, the fellow subaru enthusiasts may he be a jerk or a nice guy, would still get the same amount of respect as any of us.

if the guy is already gone, a little respect/sympathy would go a long ways, instead of not feeling sorry, or blaming him..dude, he's dead. i still feel sorry for him, may it be his fault or not, he's gone, we are still here.

am sure as hell don't want to be remembered as someone who deserved to die....maybe you guys do

but that's just me

Last edited by subiedon; 05-20-2005 at 01:00 PM.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
i feel the same way this guy did something that was not right but we all do things at some point in our life that are not right... this guy died because of it we lived and learned from it

i think respect is due for the ones he left behind and im sure were ever he is hes sorry for the hurt he caused

i understand everyone frustration with his dission but who are you to judge?

got nothing nice to say then shut it!
edgar,

ALSO as sonicsuby should know very well the start an new thread button is for all members to use so use it
Old 05-20-2005, 01:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
ALSO as sonicsuby should know very well the start an new thread button is for all members to use so use it
I don't get it.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:31 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
whoa.. whoa.. whoa..
Calm down guys.
So did we find out who it was??

Yes subiedon your avatar has big boobies.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:50 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX, Aspen White, Stage 1 Cobb
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
If that's true, then how on earth can anything like an '82 Cutlass Ciera be fine? Or any number of cars that a stock WRX can easily out-handle. I really hate it when people blame their in-ability to operate a vehicle on the vehicle itself. When you hit stuff, it's your fault. Without the driver, the car would be fine. It is NOT a poor design at all. It's a way to make the car more affordable, so we all have a crack at wrecking one.
oooo.... '82 cutlass is a really bad example.... if you take an 82 cutlass and drive it a hard turn it won't slide out of the turn... in fact, it will bone out in the rear and come back going straight... It's stock tires are quite amazing for how well the engine performs and performs excellently in rain. RE92's are one of the lowest rated tires out there.... . Back to the cutty.... It's powerful torque from a 3.2 liter is more than supported by the chasis. I had an incident in my 85 cutlass where I had to swerve violently at 115 mph (long story.... )... I changed 3 lanes and my tires sent smoke up the freeway.... BUT.... at no point did I lose control of the car nor ever feel scared for my life. For this reason... despite being 7 of the top ten cars used in crimes for the 80's and 90's and being 1 of the top 10 stolen cars... it's insurance prices are very low.... on the other hand... the subaru wrx has one of the highest insurance costs for cars in it's price range.
Don't get me wrong... the wrx is an excellent car.... and performs excellently... but it is not very well balanced and understeer coupled with AWD is a major reason why the insurance prices are so high.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:56 PM

Car Info: sc300
Originally Posted by mcdrama
I feel for any family if the driver did own the car. but, **** man you have to be high, or stupid to do that.
lets blame it all on the stoners again!!! @$$
Old 05-20-2005, 01:58 PM

Car Info: sc300
i think respect is due for the ones he left behind and im sure were ever he is hes sorry for the hurt he caused
he is nowhere he is dead in a hole. sorry to be blunt but he died..
Old 05-20-2005, 02:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Originally Posted by En3D
...WRB sedan with bronze wheels, I couldn't tell much else due to the damage to the car...
allow me to quote the first post in this thread for all you ****** who would like to place blaim on subaru and their choice to equipe WRX's with RE92's. last i checked, wrx's came with non-bronze wheels. so either the owner had them re-finished or they were aftermarket. i tend to think they were aftermarket and it's more than likely that the tires were not the infamous RE92's. please find something else to blame. any car, as equipped by the manufacturer, is about as safe as that car will ever be. anyone who disputes that is an idiot. they are designed to be consistent in every way in the hands of an average driver.

this guys death has absolutely nothing to do with the way the car was equipped. it has everything to do with the way he was driving far above the limits of the road. it's sad he excercised such poor judgement in his actions, but he paid the ultimate price for that.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:02 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Heavy Dan
oooo.... '82 cutlass is a really bad example.... if you take an 82 cutlass and drive it a hard turn it won't slide out of the turn... in fact, it will bone out in the rear and come back going straight... It's stock tires are quite amazing for how well the engine performs and performs excellently in rain. RE92's are one of the lowest rated tires out there.... . Back to the cutty.... It's powerful torque from a 3.2 liter is more than supported by the chasis. I had an incident in my 85 cutlass where I had to swerve violently at 115 mph (long story.... )... I changed 3 lanes and my tires sent smoke up the freeway.... BUT.... at no point did I lose control of the car nor ever feel scared for my life. For this reason... despite being 7 of the top ten cars used in crimes for the 80's and 90's and being 1 of the top 10 stolen cars... it's insurance prices are very low.... on the other hand... the subaru wrx has one of the highest insurance costs for cars in it's price range.
Don't get me wrong... the wrx is an excellent car.... and performs excellently... but it is not very well balanced and understeer coupled with AWD is a major reason why the insurance prices are so high.

you want to talk about bad examples? what the **** were you doing going 115mph in a cutlass on the freeway.

Last edited by nachomc; 05-20-2005 at 02:08 PM. Reason: dodging the swear filter
Old 05-20-2005, 02:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
Talking

I like nice boobies! w00t!

-Ted
Old 05-20-2005, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by RussB
you want to talk about bad examples? what the **** were you doing going 115mph in a cutlass on the freeway.
i was being 16 and with a bunch of girls being chased by old molesters in a truck... trying to run us off the road.... although i roasted my tires... I saved a few girls. We didn't have cell phones back then....
Old 05-20-2005, 02:19 PM

and for you illiterates out there... the reason why i said "on an almost related note.." before mentioning how ****ty the re92s and rsb is because it isn't related to this incident but it's related to sliding off the road.
all i asked was if it pisses anyone else off that the car comes with a ****ty rsb and tires... and ****ty intercooler hoses for that matter.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:19 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Heavy Dan
i was being 16 and with a bunch of girls being chased by old molesters in a truck... trying to run us off the road.... although i roasted my tires... I saved a few girls. We didn't have cell phones back then....
the fist time i read that i read "being chased by a big old monster truck..." anyway, sounds like bad times were had by all. did the pervs ever get busted?

Quick Reply: Really bad accident in Santa Clara...