Realistic Trade-in Value

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 09:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by jdepould
that broker thing sounds really good, any catches/downsides?
None that I know of. They can get you good deals because they go through the fleet dpt. manager who gets paid on the volume of cars he sells, not the selling price. My buddy and his mother both bought their cars threw this company and were absolutly thrilled with how it went. Not only did they both get their cars at about dealer invoice, but they didn't have to hunt around, the car was brought to them.

-Chris
Old 08-22-2004, 09:50 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
what happened to the RA gearset option?
Old 08-22-2004, 10:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2009 G Ride
Originally Posted by 02BlackWRX
what happened to the RA gearset option?
Ditto
Old 08-22-2004, 10:49 PM
VIP Member

I just came to the realization that it isn't the greatest idea to dump nearly 3k into a car that SHOULD still be under warranty and that I am still making payments on. I'm not gonna mod my next car. I just want to get something that has a nice interior and is sportier than the average car, yet has a warranty that will last the deuration of the payments. Hence, the 20th Anniversary GTI.

-Chris
Old 08-22-2004, 10:54 PM
VIP Member

Oh, and guess what color I'm planning on getting...

-Chris
Attached Images  
Old 08-22-2004, 11:02 PM

you know chris i was debating this whole gti vs wrx thing since the 02 wrx's came out and well you know what i drive. the gti just wasnt as fun to drive. sure the germans take car of their problems through waranty, but honestly after working on german cars for over a year now i refuse to buy a new one! you think your subaru is crap......be happy that its just window regulators and gears that go bad with your car! ive seen much worse...
Old 08-22-2004, 11:05 PM
I <3 White Girls

Originally Posted by bassplayrr
Oh, and guess what color I'm planning on getting...

-Chris
guess nothing gonna change when you get your new car.

We won't see you at meets or installfests...we'll just randomly see you in downtown WC.

j/k man....if you do end up getting another car don't be a stranger to i-club meets and events...

-Zoeb
Old 08-22-2004, 11:07 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by adrian
you know chris i was debating this whole gti vs wrx thing since the 02 wrx's came out and well you know what i drive. the gti just wasnt as fun to drive. sure the germans take car of their problems through waranty, but honestly after working on german cars for over a year now i refuse to buy a new one! you think your subaru is crap......be happy that its just window regulators and gears that go bad with your car! ive seen much worse...

Haha. Thanks for the input, Adrian. I know exactly what you're talking about. My last car was an e36 bimmer that leaked oil like a siv. It really comes down to what I am going to be using the car for over the next few years. My passion is with the subys, I assure you, but it just isn't practical for me to put additonal money in to this car. My obvious first choice was to trade in my car on another new suby. But with the way SOA treated me I refuse to do that for now. I will own another suby again, but it's going to have to wait untill I'm done with collge and have more expendable cash. Now I just want a cufy, sporty car with good warranty backing. Honda would probably be the best choice, but they just aren't me, so VW it is.

-Chris
Old 08-22-2004, 11:10 PM
VIP Member

guess nothing gonna change when you get your new car.

We won't see you at meets or installfests...we'll just randomly see you in downtown WC.

j/k man....if you do end up getting another car don't be a stranger to i-club meets and events...

-Zoeb
Ha. Yeah, sorry guys I would have come in to Crogan's but my girlfriend wanted to head home. And beleive me, I'll still be making it to UCKK and other meets from time to time, whether you like it or not. It's not for sure yet anyway, I have to make sure I'm still pre-approved through my credit union tomorrow. *fingers crossed*

-Chris
Old 08-22-2004, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by dahveed
what kind of letter is this??

I've never heard of this, that letter is non-binding...think of the possibilities...
actually SOA has been sending out letters like this to me for a few months, they are legal and binding. they sent me a certificate in the mail that said bring in the cert. to any dealership and purchase any new outback or legacy by the end of September and they will guarantee a trade-in value for my 2000 gc8 of $8900.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:11 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: subaru
If you trade-in the car at a Subaru dealership they guarantee you KBB price if it is a WRX you are trading in for a new car (this deal is for a limited time), at any other dealership expect to get two grand less than KBB price. Your best bet is to sell the car to a private party and hope to get the full KBB.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:13 AM
I <3 White Girls

Originally Posted by thebankman
If you trade-in the car at a Subaru dealership they guarantee you KBB price if it is a WRX you are trading in for a new car (this deal is for a limited time), at any other dealership expect to get two grand less than KBB price. Your best bet is to sell the car to a private party and hope to get the full KBB.
I think he doesnt want to sell to a private party because of the tranny issue...when you trade in to a dealership, the car is sold as is..

-Zoeb
Old 08-23-2004, 11:55 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Yellow 20th! Spank me two times!! That car is sweet. But be forwarned... front wheel drive on a sports car is going to irk you after coming away from a AWD WRX. Still, the roll on the 20th is slightly improved over the sloppy GTIs
Old 08-23-2004, 02:22 PM
VIP Member

I think he doesnt want to sell to a private party because of the tranny issue...when you trade in to a dealership, the car is sold as is..

-Zoeb
Right on the nose Zoeb.

dub: I used to have a hotted up G60 Corrodo, so I know what I'm getting in to, but thanks for the heads up.

I just got off the phone with my credit union. It looks like I am going to keep my car for another couple of months. Apperantly I missed the current car loan promo by eight friggin days! They said the next promo will start in Oct. Of well, gives me plenty of time to put my car back to stock.

-Chris
Old 08-23-2004, 02:38 PM
I <3 White Girls

Originally Posted by bassplayrr
Right on the nose Zoeb.

dub: I used to have a hotted up G60 Corrodo, so I know what I'm getting in to, but thanks for the heads up.

I just got off the phone with my credit union. It looks like I am going to keep my car for another couple of months. Apperantly I missed the current car loan promo by eight friggin days! They said the next promo will start in Oct. Of well, gives me plenty of time to put my car back to stock.

-Chris
or to save up for a new tranny