READ-law enforcement update

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 08:56 PM

Car Info: 1998 M3, 2016 WRX
Originally Posted by WRX Coastie
As always remember when you sign a citation, its not an admission of guilt just a promise to appear. That being said whatever comes with the violations, you can and should go to traffic court. Ultimately its the judge that decides, "Our fate" all the LEO can do is cite for the violations he/she encounters on scene. I know you have to get the vehicle repaired ASAP. The vehicle also has to get re smogged and re inspected to OEM standards BEFORE it can be driven upon a state highway (any road other than private).

27156 VC, and all subsections apply. READ PLEASE, don't feel like writing a page of info from the CVC.

P.S. you can still get other violations along with this one.
hahaha....i've read just about everything on 27156b. damn mod emission ticket. it was cool though. judge was nice enough to knock off almost $200 from the regular fine ($450 i believe).
Old 03-20-2009, 09:10 PM

Car Info: WRB '08 WRX 5 Door
...while i sit here in Texas. california has gone to crap...sucks for y'all.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:07 PM
banned

Car Info: heel'n toe da hoe...
Ducati over heating dry clutch? air in the clutch system. Cause? bad throw out bearing in pressure plate. Causing the clutch push rod to spin, Smoking the seals and letting air into the system. With air in the system the clutch drags.

Anyways.. anyone with a ducati on the forums needs help let me know, I happen to know a thing or two.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:40 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by Spoolin415
Like I said on IWSTI, I wouldn't worry too much about this. Lets see what actually comes of it before the sky falls.

And when did was the $2,500 catless fine get approved/go into effect.
In the past two weeks I've been pulled over like 4 times, each time for front window tint -- which then has led to an under the hood inspection each time. Luckily my car is all stock, aside for some suspension upgrades.

It's worth noting that previous to the past couple weeks I had not been pulled over even a single time for my window tint in over a year of having it.

*shrug*
Old 04-07-2009, 08:59 AM

Car Info: ugly piece of ****
Originally Posted by saqwarrior
Amen.

You don't need scientific "proof" for this, you just need some common sense. Anything that makes people take notice of you as a motorcyclist means raising your visibility, which is an added safety measure. The same logic applies to reflective tape on helmets, brightly colored safety gear, daytime running lights, etc. Granted, "loud pipes" should be not be excessively loud so as to cause a significant disturbance, but cagers should be able to hear a bike before they see it.
That's specious reasoning, to a degree... Thats just an excuse to have a loud vehicle. People have been conditioned to ignore road noise and the rumble of a car or a motorcycle is something that is not necessarily going to be noticed over a phone conversation, in car conversation or radio. On the other hand, people have been trained to look when they hear an emergency siren. Huge difference there. If someone is stupid enough to not look where they are going, loud pipes on a harley *somewhere near them* is not going to force them to look.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by subaruwrx
That's specious reasoning, to a degree... Thats just an excuse to have a loud vehicle. People have been conditioned to ignore road noise and the rumble of a car or a motorcycle is something that is not necessarily going to be noticed over a phone conversation, in car conversation or radio. On the other hand, people have been trained to look when they hear an emergency siren. Huge difference there. If someone is stupid enough to not look where they are going, loud pipes on a harley *somewhere near them* is not going to force them to look.
I disagree. Most people will take notice of noises that fall outside the normal range of the sounds in their environment. They may not look, but they are aware, and awareness is a step in the right direction towards safety.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:22 AM

Car Info: 2010 SWP WRX
What subarwrx said, and I will add, the whole being loud cause they are in a cars blind spot is BS , how about not riding in the blind spot of cars which is for the most part all in the same general area.How about not splitting lanes and I hardley ever, ever see any motorcycle rider using turn signals.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:42 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Damn, sure clampin' down on the modifications! I hope people get some high flow cats or something and don't get pulled. That ticket is pretty harsh. Especially since I drive near Solano County all the time ><. I just think it's another way to make good money in an already broke state. Increase the fines and increase the knowledge of personnel. Either way it isn't good for all the illegal cars runnin' around.

I've heard rumors of this happening all over the place. You really pay to play =P (getting towed would suck, especially if they blow your center diff)
Old 04-07-2009, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by subaruwrx
You sir are absolutely wrong. I always turn my head with the quickness when I heard a loud chopper near my back side. Trained to learn to hear for a siren? Are you kidding me? The reason why sirens are sirens is because they're loud! lol I took a couple of M-cycle glasses and got my license and they do say to have a loud exhaust so cars will be aware that you are around. People are always stupid to not look where they go, so having a loud exhaust is one preventative measure to get some attention. Common sense is common sense, I don't understand how you're "trained" to hear sirens only and ignore other loud sounds. I think if you ignored the sound of a motorcycle you're just a hazard to the road.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by SilverBlitzkeig
What subarwrx said, and I will add, the whole being loud cause they are in a cars blind spot is BS , how about not riding in the blind spot of cars which is for the most part all in the same general area.How about not splitting lanes and I hardley ever, ever see any motorcycle rider using turn signals.
Umm, what is wrong with you? Bikes are so small as they pass by they end up in a lot of people's blind spot. The Motorcycle course tells you to end up right on the back and side of a car (to avoid getting rear ended) in some degree waiting at lights and stop and go's.

And are you an idiot? You should thank bikes for lane splitting because it's one less car on the road, and therefore less traffic. As for signals, the motorcycle dudes I've seen always use signals, it's another preventative measure to get some awareness on the road when people are doing other stuff in their cars besides paying full attention.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:58 AM
banned

Car Info: heel'n toe da hoe...
Three things on the motorcycle stuff.

1. Yes most people tend to hear you coming, even when on a cell phone call.
2. Its also a lazy excuse for poor motorcycle riding. If you ride proactive. Pipes dont matter to much.
3. Alot of people have used that "loud pipes save lifes" excuse for open header HD's and plainly illegal systems. Which has ruined it for most. My nice ducati's have to pay the price for some aholes that want to be mikey for american choppers or rossi on the weekdays....
Plain B.S. all the way around.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:17 AM

Car Info: ugly piece of ****
Originally Posted by iLoqin
You sir are absolutely wrong. I always turn my head with the quickness when I heard a loud chopper near my back side. Trained to learn to hear for a siren? Are you kidding me? The reason why sirens are sirens is because they're loud! lol I took a couple of M-cycle glasses and got my license and they do say to have a loud exhaust so cars will be aware that you are around. People are always stupid to not look where they go, so having a loud exhaust is one preventative measure to get some attention. Common sense is common sense, I don't understand how you're "trained" to hear sirens only and ignore other loud sounds. I think if you ignored the sound of a motorcycle you're just a hazard to the road.
My point is that the sound of motorcycles can fall into "road noise" whereas sirens are a distinct, unusual sound.

Also, I think that "loud pipes save lives" is about the same thing as saying "riding a motorcycle with a 4 leaf clover in your lapel saves lives"; correlation != causation and all that...
Old 04-07-2009, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by SilverBlitzkeig
haha

For most people on the road, everywhere outside their car is a blind spot.

Any good rider avoids riding in a blind spot. Just like with cars, there are good and bad motorcyclists.

Somehow I knew this was going to turn into an "all bikers suck" argument again. I'm abstaining beyond this post. :P
Old 04-07-2009, 11:07 AM

Even as a proactive rider there are douchbags on wheels in their 4 doors. Any possible way of getting attention when a driver isn't paying attention is a good enough cause as it is. I'd say common sense, but just as stated above. Obviously everyone's common sense is different.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by iLoqin
And are you an idiot? You should thank bikes for lane splitting because it's one less car on the road, and therefore less traffic. As for signals, the motorcycle dudes I've seen always use signals, it's another preventative measure to get some awareness on the road when people are doing other stuff in their cars besides paying full attention.
It should also be mentioned that lane splitting (which is actually called "lane sharing" in California) is perfectly legal when done correctly.

Quick Reply: READ-law enforcement update