RANT! stupid san jose judge

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 06:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
by the way, when was the ticket issued? I see you also have a 50 in a 25 ticket from last May that included violation of your provisional license as well, correct?

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 02-19-2008 at 06:11 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:04 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
that was correct but it was dismissed as he didnt have a radar but only paced me.like i said before this is my first moving violation.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:20 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by xhengmanx
that was correct but it was dismissed as he didnt have a radar but only paced me.like i said before this is my first moving violation.
ok, but when was this ticket issued? I got an unsafe lane change ticket when I was 17, and traffic school wasnt an option on the stuff I got in the mail. Did you get this ticket when you were 17 or had you already turned 18?
Old 02-19-2008, 07:39 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
seriously?
•Walk
•Bike
•Taxi
•VTA (I think that's the name of the public transportation system in San Jose)

Sure, he can try your method. The suit will be lost along with his job though
was just thinkin' out loud... i've never met the 18 y.o dude, for all i know he could be in a wheelchair and may suffer from turrets syndrom
Old 02-19-2008, 07:47 PM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
That is just so wrong.. sorry to hear about this..
Old 02-19-2008, 07:56 PM

Car Info: 04 STI
damn that sux.... i had the exact opposite for me.... walked in with a 250 dollar speeding ticket fine as well as an exhaust fix it ticket..... she reduced my fine to 150 and gave me traffic school
Old 02-19-2008, 07:57 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
are you asian?
Old 02-19-2008, 08:42 PM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
Originally Posted by ucbsti
are you asian?
Name:  ThatsRacist.gif
Views: 8
Size:  181.3 KB
Old 02-19-2008, 09:24 PM

dorifto no im not retarded or handicap you ***. and that ticket was given to me when i was 17 but had already pass the 6month mark for the provisonal lisence but he wouldnt listen
Old 02-19-2008, 09:30 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
you license is still provisional until you are 18 dude, the restrictions are dropped but until you are 18 its still provisional
Old 02-19-2008, 09:30 PM
VIP Member

dorifto no im not retarded or handicap you ***. and that ticket was given to me when i was 17 but had already pass the 6month mark for the provisonal lisence but he wouldnt listen
if you were 17 that might be why traffic school wasnt an option (wasn't an option on my ticket when I was 17). Traffic school being out of the question, it probably pissed off the judge when you asked for traffic school...and then pissed her off more when you questioned her as to why

also, being 17 is why she said you need to learn to drive and value having a license. You were a kid when you got the ticket
Old 02-19-2008, 09:37 PM

well when i said i was 17 i was reffering to my ticket that you brought up back in may. i've been 18 for 1/2 a year i believe. and my birthday was in august and i had receive my ticket when iit was oct 30th. i got this most recent ticket when i was 18 thus being the reason why i wanted to go to traffic school because i didnt want to screw up my insurance for god sake... but i mean hey im the one who is guilty and should even bother doing anything about it because im wrong no matter what i say. or at least thats what half the people on here think. hell might as well sell my car and go buy something different because half of the people on here dont understand my point of view or even what they said. this isnt intended for you vrt mbaslie
Old 02-19-2008, 09:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
hell might as well sell my car and go buy something different because half of the people on here dont understand my point of view or even what they said. this isnt intended for you vrt mbaslie

honestly, what did you expect was going to happen once you posted your story?

does it suck, yes.
was it unfair? depends, but being the third asian guy up after the first two got similar punishments, that should have hinted you that things were not going to be all good when it was said and done.

just do what you have to do, and hope it all works out in the end.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:57 PM

Car Info: Cage and Slicks and Wing OH MY!!
damn dude, usually i side with the courts, but it sounds, KEY WORD SOUNDS, like you got a bad-rap on that one.

Id fight it to the death.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:01 PM

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX
Originally Posted by Lorry
I'm curious about your statement: "I ended up losing my case (even though the cop had paced me and had no reliable proof that showed I was speeding) " . I thought pacing was considered adequate as proof? I got paced at 75 on 280 - which I was doing. I was ok for traffic school though so no big deal.

Good post - I think you are right about the OP being made an example. You only have to look at the readship on this forum alone to see how fast the word spreads.
Let me clarify why in my case "pacing" was not correct and the case should have been thrown out the window.

I'm on I-680 southbound, I entered on Crow Canyon, and was exiting at Alcosta Blvd. Roughly 2-3miles in distance. It's Friday night at 8pm, fairly heavy traffic. I'm in the 3rd lane (closest to the carpool) driving at about 70-72miles an hour with my buddy in the car (going with the flow of traffic.)

I merge over, take the exit, I'm in a left-hand turn only lane. I'm completely stopped, a few moments pass and a CHP rolls up behind me, flips his lights on and tells me to pull over onto a street AGAINST TRAFFIC, making an ILLEGAL right turn across a lane coming off the freeway, and like I said before against traffic coming from the STREET and the FREEWAY.

Here's why the pacing was illegal. He states I was doing 95mph, and that he was watching multiple cars (so why is it that I'm pulled over?)

According to the CVC Codes (I do not remember which number to be exact, I'm at work) an emergency vehicle (including police officers) can not exceed the maximum speed limit without first engaging their siren and lights.

Since this officer stated he was pacing me, and that I was going "95mph", and given that he had not turned his lights on until after I was stopped at an exit, he must have either:

A) Been illegally speeding or
B) Being untruthful about my current speed.

If he was speeding without his siren and lights on, my case should have been thrown out the window. Regardless that he stated that there were multiple cars he was "watching" and that any one of them could have been speeding (since a few were passing me) and if he wasn't speeding and was going at a pace that was with traffic and safe for the conditions, there's no way for him to have proved I was going 95mph since he stopped directly behind me within seconds.

Hope that clears it up and yes I did a lot of research about the code system for my case.

I also bought the www.ticketassassin.com help which was a complete waste, the e-mails from the workers were repetitions from previous help, they took forever, and it was a complete waste of $25.00 when I LOST anyways.

Also, let me state that I respect the law and those that protect us. I do not speed, I try to drive safe and reasonable so that our rep for these cars are not so bad, and that my insurance isn't raised. I used to work at Starbucks here in San Ramon so all the police officers including the sherrif know me and my car and are cool with me. (free coffee given to police officers = easy day in town)

Last edited by nkghost; 02-19-2008 at 10:09 PM.

Quick Reply: RANT! stupid san jose judge