RANT! stupid san jose judge

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 03:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by dorifto88
just don't go to work and sue the court system for lost revenue because you can't make it to work.
seriously?
•Walk
•Bike
•Taxi
•VTA (I think that's the name of the public transportation system in San Jose)

Sure, he can try your method. The suit will be lost along with his job though
Old 02-19-2008, 03:32 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by xhengmanx
this sucks arsss. my only chance is if they allow me to do a end court hearing with a different judge
getting caught breaking the law rarely doesn't suck
Old 02-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
You need to KISS the judges ***! Seriously... If you do ANYTHING to offend them they pwn you! I learned from experience as a teen!
Old 02-19-2008, 03:46 PM
The Seventh Sister

Car Info: MY04 Forester XT
because now i cant even go get a job at a dealership because the dealership wanted a clean record... ALL BECAUSE OF A STUPID B****. that ruined my day....thanks for reading
If you're concerned about having a clean record maybe you shouldn't be speeding in the first place instead of blaming the judge. Just a thought...
Old 02-19-2008, 03:51 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
ok.. so as some of you may know... i received a speeding ticket for going 55-60 in a 45. i admit guilt. so i recive my courtesy notice and i find that i am not allowed to take traffic school. i then proceed to schedule a court date to ask the judge if i can take traffic school. and he is wheere the rant begins...
i walk into court today im pm number 18 out of 30 people. this judges name was lisa. when i get called up to testify if i was guilty, not guilty or no contest. i pleaded guilty and ask to recieve traffic school. this judge says no. i ask for a reason why she says i should value my lisence more and learn the speedlimits of a road and learn how to drive. as i am asian, i take it offensivly. she then proceeds to tell me that my bill is 436 dollars now instead of the original 213.50 i have no clue why it went up so i ask... she says well your irresponsible and i raised your bail to 436 dollars now. and me bringing in only 280, i had to make a extension on the date. she then says you know what ill also suspend your lisence for 30 days and let you see how you should value your lisence as you are driving irrsponsibly and need to grow up....

sum it all up... i walk into court with a 213.50 fee and wanted to request for traffic school i get a fee that is doubled to 436 then get rejected for traffic school and get my lisence suspended... btw this was my first moving violations point....

and now i am thinking if i should go get a second hearing from another judge if thats even possible or am i stuck with this crap... because now i cant even go get a job at a dealership because the dealership wanted a clean record... ALL BECAUSE OF A STUPID B****. that ruined my day....thanks for reading
Completely out of line!

Call a lawyer, this is ****ing BS!
Old 02-19-2008, 03:53 PM

Car Info: 2011 OBP STi
forgot to mention that all the other asians in there... same thing about 3 of them got their lisence suspended and 2 others got their bail raised and she wouldnt let one of the older women testify because she "needed" a translator. while people who ran stop signs which were white she said ok ill give you a 80 dollar fee+ 20+10 for processin fees for court fees and you can take traffic school for... 120 dollars...
i think you have a case if you can get the information from everyone tried today by that judge, minorities and whites, and see if there is a correlation between race and the punishments, sounds pretty unjust.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:56 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by pleiad7
If you're concerned about having a clean record maybe you shouldn't be speeding in the first place instead of blaming the judge. Just a thought...
so kyle and I aren't the only ones that see the flaw in the logic in this thread....
Old 02-19-2008, 03:58 PM

Car Info: 2007 WRX CGM
Originally Posted by pleiad7
He wasn't blaming the judge. He was going to pay for his actions by paying his fine and asking for a way to remove the points by traffic school. He's blaming the judge for an unjust punishment.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:58 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

was the judge hot...
Old 02-19-2008, 04:05 PM
VIP Member

so no one besides kyle, pleiad7, and I think that maybe by "learn to drive" she meant learn to drive and not speed? If I was a judge and had a speeder looking to do traffic school so he could skirt the consequences of what he did, I'd have handed him the same punishment. Just like they can adjust the fine in your favor, they can also adjust it in the courts favor.

I'm pretty sure the initial fee is a standard charge, then when you go to court the judge can rule if it should be more or less.

Lesson learned. When are you going to go 10-15 over again?
Old 02-19-2008, 04:10 PM
VIP Member

forgot to mention that all the other asians in there... same thing about 3 of them got their lisence suspended and 2 others got their bail raised and she wouldnt let one of the older women testify because she "needed" a translator. while people who ran stop signs which were white she said ok ill give you a 80 dollar fee+ 20+10 for processin fees for court fees and you can take traffic school for... 120 dollars...
and why were those other Asians there? Race is not the only variable in the situation
Old 02-19-2008, 04:13 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by Spoolin415
Sucks. 3 words for the future.... Trial By Declaration.
in Santa Clara County if you TbWD, you forfeit your right to traffic school. also, he pleaded guilty.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:14 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by jondl
He wasn't blaming the judge. He was going to pay for his actions by paying his fine and asking for a way to remove the points by traffic school. He's blaming the judge for an unjust punishment.
even without the judge's "unjust punishment" he wouldn't have a clean record anymore due to HIS actions. His situation did not allow traffic school, why should the rules be bent for him?

Ok, really gotta get back to work...but this thread is just full of so much fail
Old 02-19-2008, 04:17 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
so no one besides kyle, pleiad7, and I think that maybe by "learn to drive" she meant learn to drive and not speed? If I was a judge and had a speeder looking to do traffic school so he could skirt the consequences of what he did, I'd have handed him the same punishment. Just like they can adjust the fine in your favor, they can also adjust it in the courts favor.

I'm pretty sure the initial fee is a standard charge, then when you go to court the judge can rule if it should be more or less.

That should be learn to follow the law.

Poor driving is just poor driving.

But yeah, i agree, just abide the law better.

but you have to admit, the fee increase, and suspended license is VERY uncalled for with a 15mph over speeding ticket.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:17 PM

Car Info: 06 Audi A3
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile

I Concur with this statement. You got caught tried to get around it and got caught for that too. I cant speak for everyone else but I have been caught speeding breaking the law and got the book thrown at me and beleave it or not I AM WHITE but I also so look really young and when I got the ticket I was 22 and had my license for only one year.

Quick Reply: RANT! stupid san jose judge