View Poll Results: What would you select?
Great idea.
18.92%
Lame idea.
24.32%
Yes to the private option.
2.70%
Yes to the public option.
5.41%
Wo cares?
48.65%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

random thought - personal rating

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 02:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: AWD & RWD JDM
Originally Posted by ryball
Then why not make a "private notation" in your head that so-and-so is a douche and move on?
cause I'm forgetful LOL
Old 11-16-2009, 02:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
That, or just put said douche on the ignore/block list.
This I do not understand, either.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:34 PM
The Seventh Sister

Car Info: MY04 Forester XT
This is also known as "reputation points" which has been shot down before. In a community this large you're going to have people that don't get along, and they'll be the ones that'll actually use the rep system, so everyone would have a low reputation.
Yep... we used to have the reputation points system at subaruforester.org until a few weeks ago when we finally decided to remove it. It was being continually abused by a group of people who would simply bounce as many rep points between each other as the system would allow in order to obtain maximum rep ratings. One side effect of having a high rating is that the rep points you give out to others (positive or negative) count more than points given by people with lower ratings, so in the end it's the handful of people with the high ratings who have the power to "make or break" anyone else's rating. Popularity contest to the extreme...
Old 11-16-2009, 02:34 PM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Originally Posted by herrjr
So after reading a few threads and tons of "um" posts, I had this idea that there should be a way to personally track the writers of such questionable material, and make it easy to do so. My proposal is to add a line next to personal sales rating under the username, to make it one line for sales rating, and the second line for the personal rating. Unlike the sales rating, which is publicly determined, the personal rating for another member will be determined only for use by the person to remind them that this writer is good or bad, etc. Another option is to have it be a public rating system, similar to xbox live ratings. What do you all think?
Kinda like how Jewish people in Europe around the 1930's/1940's were forced to wear the Star of David?

Or how accused adulterers in puritan Boston around the 17th century were forced to wear a scarlet letter (credit: Nathaniel Hawthorne)?

I need to show you a movie....
Old 11-16-2009, 02:40 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Yin
Kinda like how Jewish people in Europe around the 1930's/1940's were forced to wear the Star of David?

Or how accused adulterers in puritan Boston around the 17th century were forced to wear a scarlet letter (credit: Nathaniel Hawthorne)?

I need to show you a movie....
I fail to see how a rating on a public forum that involves OPINIONS has anything to do with something that materially affects someone in REAL life.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
I fail to see how a rating on a public forum that involves OPINIONS has anything to do with something that materially affects someone in REAL life.
i-club isn't real life? ****.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:00 PM

Car Info: .
Does anyone take this message board that seriously?
Old 11-16-2009, 03:04 PM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
funny that you mention this. to many casual i-club members, this is as real as it gets. people take this **** seriously. your response proves this. so relax... maybe my choice of words wasn't so wise. i did not mean to offend you, but was only drawing parallels between these events as acts of persecution. interesting idea though.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:16 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Originally Posted by rau
no more AUDT/AUBT's in the future.....
guilty, I killed that. Nice playing with you this morning =)
Old 11-16-2009, 04:27 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Yin
funny that you mention this. to many casual i-club members, this is as real as it gets. people take this **** seriously. your response proves this. so relax... maybe my choice of words wasn't so wise. i did not mean to offend you, but was only drawing parallels between these events as acts of persecution. interesting idea though.
if that were true - that is very sad indeed - but no offense taken regardless - maybe it's because I remember what life was like pre-internet, but virtual has a literal meaning for me
Old 11-16-2009, 04:47 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Dumbest thing invented. Just because people have opposite opinions all of a sudden they should be rated? Of course a democrat would rate down a republican, etc.

Damn, you should be apart of our politics in this nation, a bunch of stupid crap for a whole load of stupid nothing. Appreciate the suggestion, but you seriously are exactly what we DONT need in our country with this kind of suggestion.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:18 PM
VIP Member

#1 I'm not in the government, and have no care to be. Since politicians nowadays seem to be the biggest ****** and *********** for votes, I suggest that you go and do whatever it takes to become one, because clearly you have all the answers and obviously have the right to pass judgement on others, which is in and of itself a rating. (I suggest that you look up the meaning of the word: ironic)

#2 Why are most people so focused on the public part? Notice I stated the private option first.

#3 I personally enoy seeing how polarized people are about this. I'm into polemics, and since it's not what I do professionally it's fun to see how people react in a virtual manner, kind of like focusing on the comments in controversial articles.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:33 PM

Car Info: Nadda
This is a retarded suggestion and has been shot down many times, it'll somehow create an easier time for peoples emotions knowing a "bad" post vs a "good" post, taken into account that these VOTES are based on personal opinion? Why don't we spoon feed everyone so their emo's don't cause them to slit their throats and they can't take a critic to an idea? Hilarious.

Public, private, this sounds like health care for i-club. Hilarious.

I've had my fair share of disagreements but I'd rather put my 2cents out there and I know people back me for it, but this point system pretty irrelevant to the non-speaking majority or people like me who don't really care about being politically correct or following the social norm. I rather just be blunt. Getting a point system to dock points and make it "private" rather than public makes this a greater than stupid thing than my previous statement.

Lets go ahead and be "transparent" and then cover it all up like Obama. I see wut you are doing there! =D
Old 11-16-2009, 05:47 PM
VIP Member

Perhaps if we had such a notation system, then you would know that I am very conservative in my statements regarding politics and that I could give a flying **** about being politically correct. But then again, you're omniscient, so what was I thinking. And thanks for introducing politics into a discussion where it wasn't involved; how Bay Area of you.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:38 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRB WRX
This is also known as "reputation points" which has been shot down before. In a community this large you're going to have people that don't get along, and they'll be the ones that'll actually use the rep system, so everyone would have a low reputation.
Reminds me of the xbox live rep system...

Quick Reply: random thought - personal rating