RallyCross @ Thunderhill - Two Day Event - Oct 1 & 2, 2005

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 12:22 AM
duo

Car Info: WRB WRX 2004
wow good stuff guys congrates on the win. Im really happy for both of you.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:56 AM

Location: 1999 OBS, 1985 GTI rallycar, 1995 Miata trackcar, 2001 Ford E350 van
Car Info: 1999 OBS
Congrats Pete and Marek!

I'd just like to point out that SFR RallyCross kicks @$$. Not only are events run on time, safely, and in an organized fashion, but skills needed to compete well are comparable to those required to run at national levels. They're also useful in performance rallies.

Thank you Skylar, Megan, Sherry, Greg, Lewis, and all the regular rallycross competitors over the past few years.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:17 PM

Car Info: STI and Outback Sport
Congrats Pete and Merek

Our wishes for a speedy recovery of both of you and your STI.

NOW WHERE'S THE PICS!

A mile long rally corse that must have been awesome. OK nothing compard to rally but you didn't need a roll cage

John & Crystal
Old 09-21-2008, 08:51 PM

Car Info: 04 java black pearl sti/06 honda ruckus
Originally Posted by pcowan
I'll just keep using the thread...

The car keeps dieing... I had to do a 1/4 limited at 3000rpm and Marek had a DNF from it limping off the launch. Even with this, after the first day Marek is 1st in RM4 and I'm second. We've gotten lots of imformation from a bunch of sources (Thanks to Ed, Shiv and the guy at Santa Cruz Subie) and still no luck fixing the car. We've got the 2nd and 3rd fastest times of the day on a broken STi and we're sure we could have owned this event with a working car.... but that's what Rally is about, right?

...And for those who might ask: P2128 and it goes into "limp home" mode. Reproduces now with *and* without engine management replabily from really high power starts. XMap reads that the TPS output is reading fine. Who knows, maybe I have a bad ECU.
how did you fix this? mines doing the same thing
Old 09-21-2008, 11:20 PM

Car Info: '04 STi - RallyX beast
It turns out to be related to the fact that the interior was stripped: I'd tried to get some last minute work done before the RallyX and didn't have time to put everything back in. The e-gas on the STi uses a pot that triggers a servo in the throttle body. Since the interior was taken out, so was the little stopper under the gas pedal, allowing the pedal to push further sending a higher value to the TPS sensor than it allowed, sending the car into limp home mode. Thanks to Carlsen Subaru for figuing that one out for me. Lesson learned: a) don't make big changes to your car a couple days before a race & b) if it's fast enough, you can still beat everyone else with a broken car.

Hope this helps. --pete

(skylar, thanks for catching this)
Old 09-22-2008, 02:04 AM

Car Info: 04 java black pearl sti/06 honda ruckus
Originally Posted by pcowan
It turns out to be related to the fact that the interior was stripped: I'd tried to get some last minute work done before the RallyX and didn't have time to put everything back in. The e-gas on the STi uses a pot that triggers a servo in the throttle body. Since the interior was taken out, so was the little stopper under the gas pedal, allowing the pedal to push further sending a higher value to the TPS sensor than it allowed, sending the car into limp home mode. Thanks to Carlsen Subaru for figuing that one out for me. Lesson learned: a) don't make big changes to your car a couple days before a race & b) if it's fast enough, you can still beat everyone else with a broken car.

Hope this helps. --pete

(skylar, thanks for catching this)
wow!!! literally after i posted this thread asking what it could be i rememebered that i had a round little plastic piece that i found on the floor and could not find where it came from!! i thank you very much for helping me with this!!

thanks again!!
john