The Raiders 2009 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 05:29 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Hell if I was the Raiders I'd ignore all the crap and run Russell all season. Worse comes to worse you earn a top 5 draft pick that you can trade down and still get a good QB or take a guy you feel like you can just plug in.

And you'll have a fall guy in Russell.

The Raiders issues have as much to do with not being able to stop the run and not being able to CATCH the ball as they do with Russell missing targets.

Just stick with him. We'll find out if McFadden was the right choice. Find out if our young guys are the guys to build on...etc.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:44 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Hell if I was the Raiders I'd ignore all the crap and run Russell all season. Worse comes to worse you earn a top 5 draft pick that you can trade down and still get a good QB or take a guy you feel like you can just plug in.

And you'll have a fall guy in Russell.

The Raiders issues have as much to do with not being able to stop the run and not being able to CATCH the ball as they do with Russell missing targets.

Just stick with him. We'll find out if McFadden was the right choice. Find out if our young guys are the guys to build on...etc.
Sorry, Ray, you are dead wrong.

If they put him on the bench and put in Frye or the other guy, they'd be in business.

You can't catch a ball that isn't placed where you CAN catch it.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:38 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
Stoping the run would also be easier if our d wasn't on the field for 3/4ths the game.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:59 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by ruehl
Stoping the run would also be easier if our d wasn't on the field for 3/4ths the game.
Bingo!

A decent offense wouldn't put so much pressure on the defense.

If Russel was struggling, that would be one thing, but he isn't even at that level yet. He has a negative impact on the team and there's no signs of him improving. In fact, he seems to be regressing. We really don't stand a chance with him passing the ball.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:01 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by ruehl
True.

gradkowski or whatever the hell his name is looked half way decent... but are either of the backups a bonified answer to the problem? Long term?
Old 09-30-2009, 03:13 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
True.

gradkowski or whatever the hell his name is looked half way decent... but are either of the backups a bonified answer to the problem? Long term?
Of course not, for that we'd need to pick up someone, but since we can only do so much right now, I feel the best thing is to put Gradowski or Frye in there instead of Russell.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Old School

McFailure and Jamockery...

McFailure and Jamockery...

Soon to be added Tomsault Cabattery....
Old 10-05-2009, 02:17 PM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Man...I feel you guys...some of those years just don't let up on the hurt. Just happy our luck is looking up!
Old 10-05-2009, 03:21 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
The problem with the running game for the Raiders right now though is the complete lack of a passing game. The Raiders are getting the box stacked against them effectively stopping the run and the opposing teams are daring Russell to throw the ball. This is why McFadden & Bush are getting shut down. McFadden actually looks like he could be pretty explosive when he has room to run.

With Russell being completely inaccurate he isn't hitting the open receivers and not even putting it in a catchable location for them. You can only blame the Receivers for being bad if they are given a shot at a catchable ball and they miss it. If the ball is not catchable to begin with that is the QB's fault and not the Receivers fault. The other teams do not fear the Raiders passing game at all so that is why the Entire Offense if struggling right now.

There was one article that said it well when it said something along the lines of "McFadden would have to be playing on a level Exceeding Barry Sanders in order to be carrying this team's offense." I can't remember if that was the exact sentence, but that was basically the gist of it.

UPDATE:
Awesome, now McFadden has a knee injury and is expected to be out 2-4 weeks.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/10/05/mcfa...nee-cartilage/

Last edited by JelloChex; 10-05-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:43 PM

Car Info: Nadda
So the raiders are going to suck this season... I'm going to guess less 4 wins - 12 losses. Anyone else in for a fun game of guess how much the raiders are going to suck?

Russell is the end of the team from the beginning, 'til they fix him, ain't nadda doin'.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:05 PM

Russell did have a rock on his ear the size of grape. Nice to see he is spending his hard earned money.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:54 AM

Car Info: Nadda
I will give my fortune telling that NYG is going to destroy the living crap out of the Raiders. Sorry, but no chance in the world will the Raiders have a chance of winning. =P

#32 Offense (dead last)

40% completion ratio by Russell.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:52 AM

Just when I thought the Warriors were the worst team in the Bay Area, the Raiders seem to want it more lol

Raiders getting owned 28-0 right now
Old 10-11-2009, 11:24 AM

we did win 1 game! and atleast manning is out since his heal is all jacked up
Old 10-11-2009, 12:35 PM

Car Info: nothing
Russell is the biggest bust in yearsssss. guy shouldnt be in the NFL. slow,fat,terrible accuracy.

Quick Reply: The Raiders 2009 Thread