The Raiders 2009 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 01:24 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
High Fives!

Too bad there was such a dismal turnout today. Gradkowski will be a decent filler until we find a real franchise QB.
I think he can be the Franchise QB. He needs play time, and he will work it out, get the team behind him. He can be the real deal for us.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:51 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
I think he can be the Franchise QB. He needs play time, and he will work it out, get the team behind him. He can be the real deal for us.
The more i think of it the more i think we should keep him for next year. Since he obviously prepares and the team has a feeling they don't have to play perfect to make up for JMR. If they keep him hopefully they will draft someone to replace mario henderson since he is awful. He can't block anyone the one interception was on him 100% everyone did their job but him even McFadden picked up a LB on a blitz.

We also need to pick up a real fullback and dump fargas since all he does his run into people. If you watch him and Bush you can see how bush is patient and waits for blocks while fargas goes 110 mph into whoever is where he wants to go.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:24 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by ruehl
fargas goes 110 mph into whoever is where he wants to go.
That's how Davis likes them...
Old 11-24-2009, 11:36 AM

Correction al davis needs to die that is step #1
Old 11-24-2009, 11:49 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by ruehl
The more i think of it the more i think we should keep him for next year. Since he obviously prepares and the team has a feeling they don't have to play perfect to make up for JMR. If they keep him hopefully they will draft someone to replace mario henderson since he is awful. He can't block anyone the one interception was on him 100% everyone did their job but him even McFadden picked up a LB on a blitz.

We also need to pick up a real fullback and dump fargas since all he does his run into people. If you watch him and Bush you can see how bush is patient and waits for blocks while fargas goes 110 mph into whoever is where he wants to go.
Fargas. 3.7 yards a carry and 6.9 yards a reception.
Bush. 4.7 yards a cary and 5.9 yards a reception
McFadden. 3.2 and 6.3

All pretty similar. The problem isn't necessarily the backs or fargas in particular. No one has ever thought that Fargas is THE guy but he's a good guy to have on the team. He works hard. Runs hard and from what I hear is a good guy in the locker room.

What they need is more consistent play all around... especially from the line. They need a team identity. Russell has been so bad but they just kept on trying to pass. They have shown from time to time that they can run pretty well, so it's just a matter of getting consistent play from the entire offense. I think with Gradkowski in the game and the ability to mix it up a bit more the run game with stabalize and be better.

There is nothing wrong with Fargas.

The Raiders have just show that they can't draft for ****.

I mean Bey over Crabtree? McFadden over Chris Johnson AND J. Stewart... not to mention Mendenhall, Forte, Kevin Smith, Jamaal Charles, Steve Slaton , Tim Hightower, and Justing Forsette.

yeah all of those guys were in the same draft and I'd say that 5 of them could be starting EASILY on the Raiders and doing well. One of the best RB drafts in ages and we get a guy that runs really fast. Sweet.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:04 PM

I'm not saying the backs are the problem its just fargas is the worse of the 3 and we don't need 3 backs, especially when gary russel is playing special teams and isn't half bad.. Its is how he runs and how he hits the hole. If you watch Bush and Fargas run on the same type of play bush is patient and gets more yards 4.7 and 3.7 is a BIG difference. I just see fargas time and time again get stuffed because he goes 100 mph, standing straight up..., into a non existence hole.

The draft is just BS its ebcause Davis still think it is the 70s. And you can't say anything about the mcfadden pick because everyone on the planet agreed with that pick and 20~ other teams passed on chris johnson who was obviously the best back out of that draft.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:33 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I like McFadden and still think he can be a good back in this league. I just think he needs to be in the type of situation like NY. Where you have a big time work horse. Sprinkle McFadden in a few plays here and there. Spread him out. Get him the ball in space... tosses, dumps, etc.... Say like 8 touches in the first 3 quarters. Then come with him hard in the 4th quarter when the D is a step slower and McFaddens speed can be the difference.

It'll help keep him healthy and use him in a way that he'll do better.

Bush is used more on 3rd down. That's part of the reason his yardage is up a full yard. I honestly don't think he's all that great. I think he's another guy that's good to have around. Personally I think they need to get away from both of those guys (and I'm a fargas fan by the way). Draft someone like Jonathan Dwyer or even John Clay. Clay should be available in the 3rd round and he'd be a good fit in that one 2 punch kind of offense.

There may be better guys in the draft but they should be a good fit. Guys like Jahvid Best, Royster, Spiller and Devine are all interesting to me. Devine kind of reminds me of Nat Kaufman. Small and fast as hell but STRONG. Not quite Kaufman level but still.

Should be a decent year at RB again this year.

If they don't go that route they need to draft either Taylor Mays or Arrelious Benn. Maybe even Javen Snead. I was hyped on that dude coming out of last year. But he might turn out to be another Russell. Haaaa. Bradford would probably be safer.

I think they should go WR, O line or defense. Give Gradkowski a full season to see what he can do. He might turn out to be half way decent until the RIGHT guy comes up in the draft.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:32 PM

Car Info: SGM 135i
hmm just saw this thread. I actually got to assist for an engagement session photo shoot last night for marcel reece, #45 on the raider's team. Is he any good?
Old 11-24-2009, 04:58 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by XkrazyAsianX
hmm just saw this thread. I actually got to assist for an engagement session photo shoot last night for marcel reece, #45 on the raider's team. Is he any good?
He's on the practice squad so he hasn't played in any games. Still a better story than anything I've got.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:08 AM

My prediction for tomorrow:

In the first quarter Ellis sacks Romo and lands on his knee. Romo is out for the game.

Raiders win 10-7
Old 12-06-2009, 01:10 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

wow... just wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2009, 01:13 PM

How bout #5 playing gun slinger in the 4th qtr. The first signs of life from Oakland all year!!!!

That was plain determination by the offense to get this win.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
damn nice win... its all cuz of the personal foul that happend with 35 seconds left by steelers
Old 12-06-2009, 01:28 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

a little karma from the "immaculate reception"?????

you young'ens... google that... lol...

now... niners... make this a 2-fer!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2009, 01:32 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by ldivinag
a little karma from the "immaculate reception"?????

you young'ens... google that... lol...

now... niners... make this a 2-fer!!!!!!
This.

Quick Reply: The Raiders 2009 Thread