keep GOOOOING!!! your cars interior will love you MORE for it
Old 11-17-2009, 11:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Go Greg, Go!
Old 11-18-2009, 02:57 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
i did well tonight. i actually really didn't even think about cigarettes the whole time. i think i got this **** haha.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:48 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
For me it took not smoking for a while, and then having a cig on one of those "weak moments" and then feeling physically like crap and having ashtray mouth for the rest of the time. Done and done. I still pick up a pack every now and again, usually on a road trip. The last time I smoked 5 or so American Spirits and then just tossed the pack due to lack of interest. Never smoked inside or in my car so that has never been an issue. I smoked mostly due to environment but I truly enjoyed it for a bit - when I was in England. Since then I have grown to really thoroughly enjoy not smelling like smoke anymore. I was actually in London the day they outlawed smoking indoors (July, 2007) and I have to say I thought that day would never come!!

I also notice that as soon as I get back into anything active that I would just stop smoking. I have been seriously into mountain biking again, so that could have something to do it. Actually going out to Skeggs at around 10 for a "go big" ride with food and such - hoping to get around 15 miles in today without dying.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:48 AM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
As weird as it sounds one of the best ways to start to quit smoking is to drink more alcohol than you have ever drank before. Yes this may not be the smartest idea but if you wake up so ****ing hungover that you want to die, usually those hangovers can last up to 2 days. In that time there is no way that you would want a cigarette because it would only make you want to throw up. It makes the first 4 days or so really easy.

That or having a severe cold where you wouldn't smoke for 4 days anyway.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:07 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by evsoul
i did well tonight. i actually really didn't even think about cigarettes the whole time. i think i got this **** haha.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:42 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
approaching the 48 hour mark and i'm going insane.

good god is this hard to do.
8 months i still want to smoke lol

good luck buddy
Old 11-18-2009, 09:55 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
yes to teh sunflower seeds

that works well
Old 11-18-2009, 11:05 AM

Car Info: '08 SpecB
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Don't cave in dude!

I've been smokeless since July 1. I was on a steep 3 mile long trail in Yosemite and realized how much smoking was holding me back.

Ever since then I've taken up hiking and biking as a constant reminder to never smoke again.

Stay strong dude!
Good job!

I did Mt. Whitney last July. Going up where there's little air KILLED ME. I had one more after that (celebratory) and kicked it. Granted, my preparation for Whitney already had me cutting down to a few a week.

Hiking is awesome to quit smoking. As is running!
And since you're digging on bananas (I used carrots and apples) -
Old 11-18-2009, 12:45 PM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
I actually used this to my advantage. I make myself go outside with other people taking a smoke break and hang out with them while they light up. The first few times were brutal, but since I've kept it up I hardly even notice the fact that they are smoking right in front of me.

It sounds retarded, but I think it really sped up the process of being relaxed around other smokers.
i did that as well. i knew it would hard watching people smoke and smelling smoke, but i knew i would be stronger if i was able to overcome that. when you find cigarette smoke stinks, you know you truly quit.

good job! keep it up, it's just going to get harder and harder (for me at least). just watch out for stressed out days.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:52 PM

Car Info: The 4 Train
haha thanks jewpac.

It's tough as hell but honestly bananas are my new cigarette. So when I have a craving I eat one. Lemme tell you I'm gonna go through about 25lbs of bananas this week at this rate.

thanks for the support guys. it's really nice having it around me. When you see so many people who care say they are proud, the last thing you want to do is have them no longer be proud. although yeah I am doing it for me mainly.. it's just a good motivator.

Careful with the bananas... eat too many and you may never poop again.
Try alternating with the carrots
Old 11-18-2009, 01:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
haha, i just have like 2 a day. anytime i feel very weak i eat one. so far today im good though. my buddy who quit with me came over and was like "dude, let's just have one we don't have to tell anyone" and i told him no. no one would have known either.. i can't believe how strong ive been through this so far.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:54 PM

Car Info: '08 SpecB
^Good stuff!
Kickass. I couldn't do the "hang out with smokers" part, I'm weak like that.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:05 PM

Car Info: The 4 Train
^^ Srsly, that is amazing will power! And with all the money you will be saving on not smoking you can buy yourself a present as a reward for being so awesome at not smoking
Old 11-18-2009, 06:17 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
not a day goes by i dont want a smoke but i have quit for about 3 years now more or less. but i do have the occasional cig whilst i drink