quit smoking.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 05:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
haha thanks jewpac.

It's tough as hell but honestly bananas are my new cigarette. So when I have a craving I eat one. Lemme tell you I'm gonna go through about 25lbs of bananas this week at this rate.

thanks for the support guys. it's really nice having it around me. When you see so many people who care say they are proud, the last thing you want to do is have them no longer be proud. although yeah I am doing it for me mainly.. it's just a good motivator.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:46 PM
VIP Member

and being someone who designs ads for part of his living, I was inspired to make this one while feeling like I was gonna stab someone:

Just a quick mock up.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:49 PM

Car Info: 2008 Forester XT
Totally do it for you. It's one big mind game. Again think of hot *****... Worked like a champ for me.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:54 PM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
First 3 days are the hardest, the rest is hard simply cause of the habit your used to.

Eating sunflower seeds helps too, an oral fixation is also a big part of it.

TBH its really mostly all in your head.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:13 PM
VIP Member

i am about to go to the pub for "pint night".. thank God it's raining! will make the go outside for a smoke much less tempting haha.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:26 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX PSM
I went cold turkey as well. Didn't smoke for that long to begin with, about 2 years. But, its been about a year now. Why you are craving a smoke, just drink a glass of water and if that doesnt work, go for a run! GOOD LUCK.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by evsoul
i am about to go to the pub for "pint night".. thank God it's raining! will make the go outside for a smoke much less tempting haha.
I dunno about you but me and the rest of the population usually have more urges to smoke when intoxicated..so stay strong!
Old 11-17-2009, 08:47 PM
rok

Car Info: 20 Tesla Y LR AWD
i've been smoking for about 5 years.. and i just started to heavily work out on a regular basis. it definetly takes away from the urges.
i've gone from about half a pack to a pack a day to at most 4 a day. some days i don't crave nor even want one.

now the only times i smoke heavily are when im intoxicated or when im "social smoking." which are both bad, but nonetheless better than chugging down smoke constantly all the time.

it takes a lot of time and dedication. tell the people around you that you are quitting. get rid of all your lighters, matches, cigarette cases, boxes, and all other smoking paraphanalia(s0). it'll help you out.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:12 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
good luck dude.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by rok
i've been smoking for about 5 years.. and i just started to heavily work out on a regular basis. it definetly takes away from the urges.
i've gone from about half a pack to a pack a day to at most 4 a day. some days i don't crave nor even want one.

now the only times i smoke heavily are when im intoxicated or when im "social smoking." which are both bad, but nonetheless better than chugging down smoke constantly all the time.

it takes a lot of time and dedication. tell the people around you that you are quitting. get rid of all your lighters, matches, cigarette cases, boxes, and all other smoking paraphanalia(s0). it'll help you out.
Yea, having all friends that smoke doesn't help either. For smokers just seeing someone pull out a cigarette or especially seeing someone smoke on TV instantly brings on a big urge to light up.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:35 PM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
good luck. I smoked for 8 years then quit cold turkey almost 6 years ago. if you have friends that smoke stay away from them for at least a month. smoking is too easy of a bond and it may suck to hang out less but you need to do it for you.

Quiting smoking significantly improved my life. you feel better, you appreciate wine and food more, your wife/gf/bf/future partner will enjoy kissing a none-ash-tray mouth.

do it dood. don't give in.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:37 PM

Food tastes so much different too. Even going 4-8 hours without a cigarette I can notice a huge difference. I can only imagine a week, month, or year.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:46 PM

Car Info: 03/05/06 WRX with some STI parts :- P
Originally Posted by evsoul
approaching the 48 hour mark and i'm going insane.

good god is this hard to do.
thats hella funny i quit yesterday and i am having the same darn problem its so hard!!!

Originally Posted by Jin
i'll quit in 2012 just so i can say i quit after smoking for 10 years.
and fulfill the prophecy...me quiting cigarettes will cause the world to end.
thats how i feel!!! or at least i feel like my life will only get worse!

Originally Posted by NorCalDC5
Food tastes so much different too. Even going 4-8 hours without a cigarette I can notice a huge difference. I can only imagine a week, month, or year.
oh i can already taste a difference in food... its phenomenal!
Old 11-17-2009, 10:54 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Don't cave in dude!

I've been smokeless since July 1. I was on a steep 3 mile long trail in Yosemite and realized how much smoking was holding me back.

Ever since then I've taken up hiking and biking as a constant reminder to never smoke again.

Stay strong dude!
Old 11-17-2009, 10:57 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by NorCalDC5
Yea, having all friends that smoke doesn't help either. For smokers just seeing someone pull out a cigarette or especially seeing someone smoke on TV instantly brings on a big urge to light up.
I actually used this to my advantage. I make myself go outside with other people taking a smoke break and hang out with them while they light up. The first few times were brutal, but since I've kept it up I hardly even notice the fact that they are smoking right in front of me.

It sounds retarded, but I think it really sped up the process of being relaxed around other smokers.

Quick Reply: quit smoking.