Quick question about STi's DCCD ratios

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 12:06 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Quick question about STi's DCCD ratios

Hey guys, I know some of you know this off the top of your head, but can you tell me what the ratios for the following are?

1. Full lock, what is the split? 50/50 right?

2. Full rear, what is the rear bias?

3. Auto, is this the same as the rear bias but with an auto mode that automatically transfers power where you need it?

4. What is the bias when you have it set to full front?

Thanks guys, I tried looking online but my i-touch is a pain in the *** to find obscure info like this so I figured I'd ask you guys instead since you guys > google.

PS: DCCD is the greatest thing ever. I have soooo much fun playing with the different settings, it totally changes the car and how it handles. The DCCD is worth upgrading to an STi all by itself! Seriously, the WRX needs DCCD!!! Maybe subaru will add it to the standard WRX's soon. It's so worth buying an STI just for that fact alone.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:31 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX, 2014 BRZ
omg... I wish I had that in my car lol. I'm pretty sure every Evo model has it.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:42 AM

Car Info: RWD Camry
Originally Posted by perry753
omg... I wish I had that in my car lol. I'm pretty sure every Evo model has it.
I believe EVOs can't split their power between their diffs manually.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:48 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 STi
If I remember correctly, 04 is the only year that let you set it at 35/65 (front/rear). After that it's all 41/59. I might be wrong, maybe 05 does 35/65 too.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:03 AM

Subaru's DCCD is much cooler then the EVO's electronically controlled unit. There are 3 setting and you can't customize it. With the STi, it has Auto, full lock, and 5 other manual settings, that way you can configure it in any way you want and fine tune it.

I never thought that DCCD would be so great, but man, now that I have it I would soooooo miss it if I got a new car that didn't have it. It's so drastically different on each setting. A lot of folks think it's just some BS thing that people can brag about having, but honestly it changes the car soooo much! For example, if I'm on full lock (50-50) and do donuts I will do axis spins instead of regular donuts. The difference in case you don't know is due to the AWD the car will spin on an axis, like someone put a pole down the middle of the car and it spins on that said axis.... Or you can put all the bias to the rear and you'll do RWD style donuts and figure 8's, just as if a RWD car was doing it.

It's much easier to power slide with the rear bias and the handling characteristics are changed completely. DCCD is def one of the best things on an STi. DCCD, 6 speed, uprgraded motor = so worth the extra money to uprgade to an STi from a WRX.

A WRX is a GREAT value and one of the best performance value cars, but the STi is an even better value! For what you get, it's sooooo worth it. Lots of people think that an STi upgrade is sort of a rip off and not worth it, but to be honest with you guys, it's soooo worth it just for those 3 things I listed... Not to mention the fact that everything else is upgraded and much beefier then the regular WRX.

The stock STi tune is just horrible, and I think one of the reasons that people are disapointed in the STi's performance when they take test drives is the fact that the car isn't broken in and doesn't feel nearly as great as it does when it's fully broken in.

If you compare my car (Stock with a COBB AP and GST tune and a catback + seat) to the equal stock STi, it's like night and day difference. They don't feel like the same cars at all. The car REALLY opens up when tuned properly, and when broken in correctly with some decent miles on it. I always let people drive my car when the complain about how STi's aren't all that... Then they drive my car and say "WOW, that felt soooo different then the STi that I drove". When you start playing with the DCCD the car shines even more... If you ever get a chance to drive a modded STi, do so! It will open your eyes up especially if you drove a stock one and weren't impressed. Two totally different cars for sure.

I can honestly say that I'm driving my dream car right now. Sure, there are other cars I'd love to have, but this is my realistic dream car that Ive been wanting since 1998! For those of you who dont think they can afford one, just be patient and you'll get one! Don't settle for anything less, you'll love the STi sooooo much, especially when its customized to your specs.

(I gained 30whp and 35lb/ft from just a COBB AP)
Old 08-15-2009, 01:15 AM

Car Info: 2015 SWP WRX
^you have the longest post.

and im pretty sure that Onizuka is right about the ratio's. And to be honest, I have an STi and i dont mess with the DCCD at all!! I keep it on auto and let the car do its own thing. Maybe when i trade the car for a different STI i will tweak with it then but i feel like whenever i start messing with **** on the car, things start breaking lol.

Last edited by subi4justin; 08-15-2009 at 01:18 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by subi4justin
^you have the longest posts.
Fixed it for you. I dunno why, I type so fast that it doesn't seem long until I hit reply and see how long it is.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:23 AM

Car Info: 2015 SWP WRX
Ha.. THanx
Old 08-15-2009, 03:40 AM

Yeah, I dig it. Its a cool 'show off' feature too, all the car junkies I show it too seem to be impressed. I pretty much use three settings:

- Lock (sometimes for curvy roads)

- Full rear (burning out, donuts)

- Auto (95% of the time)
Old 08-15-2009, 07:23 AM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
I don't have good luck with DCCD on my 2004. It chatters like mad when I auto-x so I leave it on auto rather than break something
Old 08-15-2009, 07:30 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Hmm. I've never tried doing donuts in lock. I used to spin some nice ones in my bugeye but only in dirt. The STI will do some mean RWD style donuts in auto or rear bias, but I never thought of using lock. You don't find that the diff binds up on you doing that?
Old 08-15-2009, 07:39 AM

Car Info: 1988 Yoda
Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
Hmm. I've never tried doing donuts in lock. I used to spin some nice ones in my bugeye but only in dirt. The STI will do some mean RWD style donuts in auto or rear bias, but I never thought of using lock. You don't find that the diff binds up on you doing that?
If I use lock for anything but when I go in the snow, it binds and locks when turning and if I take a turn hard, it will chatter and skip the tires on the pavement, no bueno. But in snow with my winter setup, LOCK kicks ***!
Old 08-15-2009, 07:40 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
"Lock" position is for loose surfaces; snow, ice, gravel.
Using it on Dry pavement will damage the center differential.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:50 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
That's what I thought. I have used lock mashing through the back roads on an 04 Sti, but that's mainly because I hate the auto mode in the 04. I found that it only binds if you try to make a very tight turn like a u-turn. That's why I would imagine doing donuts wouldn't be a great idea in lock unless you're on dirt/snow/wet tarmac.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:47 AM

Mine has only binded a few times in lock, each time was taking a slow tight turn in a parking lot (forgot to put back in auto after driving twisty curvy roads).

Quick Reply: Quick question about STi's DCCD ratios