A question for those of you of live in San Leandro

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 10:45 PM

Car Info: 02 aspen white WRX
A question for those of you of live in San Leandro

I will be moving to San Leandro shortly, and will have to park at San Leandro bart station for my commute to SF daily.
Is it a safe station to park at with my 02wrx?
Have any of you got broken into?

Thanks !
Old 02-09-2010, 11:05 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
I live in San Leandro and I've parked at the Bayfair BART station throughout art school and whenever I freelanced in SF. I still park my car there from time to time when I go to A's games or meeting up with friends in downtown SF or Berkeley. I was lucky that I didn't have any problems. I just used common sense and keep all my valuables at home. As for my stereo faceplate, I just brought it with me to school in my backpack and any other cables like my iPod charger or aux in, even tape adapters when I was using my stock deck, I threw those under the seat or in the glove box. My windows aren't tinted either, total fish bowling. My cousin used to park his Integra GS-R at the San Leandro BART and had no issues either as long as he didn't keep anything valuable in plain view. Just to save a buck (or 5 minutes), I've parked at San Leandro myself at least a dozen times. Again, just use common sense and you shouldn't have too many issues. I've parked at the downtown Hayward BART too and I was alright.

Also, let me know if you want to know what's around the area to eat. There's a few of us who live around here that could point you to the right direction.

Last edited by Hollandaze; 02-09-2010 at 11:07 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:11 PM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
I agree with Hollandaze, keep your valuable stuff at home... tint makes you more suspect to theives I'd say.... I had dark tint on the rears and the smashed my window at the Ashby bart station.

That being said I parked my L wagon with 12" subwoofers in the back with a jacket partially over them and clear windows at the Richmond Bart station for 12 hours with no problems lol.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:41 PM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
like what Holland said, just keep everything out of sight. i drive around the parking lot a lot at Bayfair BART and i see some nice cars there. just saw an integra with S15 headlights today.

since we're talking about eats, where are the good places to eat around here? i went to Fifth Wheel out near Davis last week. was pretty good.

off topic, code3suby, do you work for AMR?
Old 02-10-2010, 12:39 AM

Car Info: himself insane!
San Leandro

I lived in San Leandro for a good 8 years... BART parking isnt too bad... out of the entire time i have lived there i personally seen only 1 car stolen also about 3 blocks from bart someone did try to steel my wife's si civic last year... car alarm FTW! p.s if you 2 little ***** sucking kids read this yeah you dropped your phone when you ran off and yes i got it...

San Leandro kinda sucks and all the good places are slightly outside of SL... though i will tell you this down the street from SL bart there is a VP Racing Gas station right behind the safeway, you can get 110 octane for the sweet deal of $6 per galon... and 93or95 octane for $4 a gallon... the 110 sais its unleaded but few weeks after i "tested" it i ended up with clogged cats... there could have been plenty of other factors contributing to that though... either way use @ your own risk...

Food wise:
EPIC WIN -> Dougs Place http://maps.google.com/maps?q=dougs,...4&z=16&iwloc=A
EPIC WIN -> Vals Burger http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...5&z=14&iwloc=A
WIN -> Nations http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Nation...4&z=16&iwloc=A
FAIL -> Dennys http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Dennys...4&z=16&iwloc=A
WIN -> Englander Sports Pub‎ http://maps.google.com/maps?q=englan...4&z=16&iwloc=A

Non Food Wise:

WIN -> San Leandro Marina http://maps.google.com/maps?q=37.691...=17&iwloc=near
EPIC FAIL -> Bay Fair Mall http://maps.google.com/maps?q=BayFai...4&z=16&iwloc=A

there is some other ones i cant think of at the moment... after all its 12:30am...
Old 02-10-2010, 01:20 AM

Car Info: SGM 135i
^ you have the theif's phoneee. Find out where he lives and i'll go **** him up with you.

and i'll add horatio to the food list. It's i nthe San Leandro Marina. A little pricey tho, so be aware.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:27 AM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
my brother lives in san leandro, off 167th, and he used to live off of davis right by the bart station, and im out here often...havent parked at bart, but my brother says its fine as long as you dont leave stuff in your car and try to park closer to the station if u can...

theres a lot of great food right in that area, and all up and down e14th...hope you enjoy san leandro
Old 02-10-2010, 02:24 AM

Car Info: himself insane!
Originally Posted by XkrazyAsianX
^ you have the theif's phoneee. Find out where he lives and i'll go **** him up with you.

and i'll add horatio to the food list. It's i nthe San Leandro Marina. A little pricey tho, so be aware.
ha ha... no info on either of them was on the phone, and they were smart enough not to come back for the phone or try to call it... but if i see them again its on... i remember the driver and the car they drove... dried up red color, late 80's early 90's pizzaguy style civic hatchback dx sitting on steelies driver was about 17-19 maybe 5'9 and 130-150lbs... emo reject looking kid in skinny jeans and oversized hooded swatter... i remember the face real well thats all that matters... if i should run into him i keep a full "tools" set in my car... i really mean tools like ratchet set... torque wrench and so on... you never know when you have to "work" on someone...

Horatios is a WIN as well though last time I was there the waiter was a doushe for no good reason... ?

WIN -> Horatio's ‎http://maps.google.com/maps?q=horati...4&z=16&iwloc=A

you know what else is a WIN here you will actually tip the waiter for being a dick... the waiters slam food infront of you... throw silverware at you... and you end up tipping them for it...

WIN -> Dick's Last Resort http://maps.google.com/maps?q=%22dic...2&z=17&iwloc=A <- its close enough to San Leandro...

Last edited by wrx4memp; 02-10-2010 at 02:30 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:17 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
I own a house in san leandro, and have lived here for 13 years now. My partner grew up here, and he and I chose this place of all places to live. I use to bart every day, for 4 years, never had a problem with bayfair or Sl bart stations its a good town, a little quiet sometimes.

OH, and wrx4memp you forgot...

Chef's choice -> best Chinese in the bay area and hands down in san leandro
Best burger -> by far the best burgers in the san leandro area
Hidden wok -> Second best Chinese in san leandro
Bayfair mall -> ghetto mall but they are trying to fix that.
Horatios -> Good food, but its a touch overpriced for what you get. If you want a high class high cost meal your better off going over to Alameda.

HEY perhaps we should have a SL meeting, perhaps at the In and Out?
Old 02-10-2010, 09:39 AM

Car Info: 02 aspen white WRX
Thanks for the great advices, I will also try to go there as many time as possible before I move.
can't wait to try out all the great eats as well!
Old 02-10-2010, 10:46 AM

Car Info: '06 WRB STI
I used to live in San Leandro, and for a while left my STI at BART in the fall of 2008, it was broken into and my GPS Navigation unit was forcibly removed from my dash and stolen. I'd advise not leaving anything of value in sight, even if it's in the dashboard.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:25 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
+1 for Vals burger
Old 02-10-2010, 11:46 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX sedan
I lived near the Bayfair station. I moved about 6 years ago, so not totally current. I never had issues at the BART station, but I lived within walking distance and in the 5 years I lived in that apartment I had my old Integra broken into twice. Once they broke the window even though I purposefully left the door unlocked because I didn't care if someone stole stuff. I was more angry that they were too dumb to check the door before breaking the window than I was about the missing stock stereo. I was getting ready to donate it to get rid of it, it had a warped head and needed major work and I had since bought the WRX.

Also one morning, my girfriend's car was up on blocks with her stock Honda Civic steelies gone. Yes, someone took the time to jack up the car and remove the lugnuts and wheels for stock Civic steelies. WTH? Steelies with crappy tires on them must have been worth all of $100 in the used market...

There were some dumb criminals around there.

Last edited by Concillian; 02-10-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:49 AM

Car Info: '06 WRB STI
Totally agree Concillian!
Old 02-10-2010, 02:43 PM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
Originally Posted by Overbear
Best burger -> by far the best burgers in the san leandro area
i just went to Best Burger and had the Best Burger. for 5 bucks, the burger was pretty damn good.

Quick Reply: A question for those of you of live in San Leandro