Car Info: 2013 WRX
Originally Posted by Rescuer
Name:  Capture_zpsc56876cc.png
Views: 7
Size:  201.7 KB
Old 08-25-2013, 12:11 PM

Car Info: Whatever The Lot Provides ;)
Originally Posted by Overbear
As I have pointed out before, NO LEO is a good person. The badge corrupts them, you just run into varying degrees of said corruption and you lucked out and got stopped by one of the 'ok' ones.
People, "..let him have his opinion, he's entitled to it." -Grandpa John (Ret.)

That said I disagree with you whole-heartedly and simply choose to not ever agree with you seeing as that's an open ended blanket statement. All IMHO aside I then see you being able to take this statement and apply it to any other public or enlisted servant with a level of power.

In my entire life I have seen and done a lot of things. When I knowingly (deliberately or not) broke a code and was cited I deserved it, period. Out of those years there have only been 2-3 times I've been driving where something was either questionable or circumstantial and on those occasions I was sent along my merry way without a citation.

Everyone does bad, it's human nature. Own your faults and if there's something more we can talk about this over coffee at my spot out here.

Let's get back on topic.

Last edited by TheFozz; 08-25-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:37 PM

Car Info: 2013 WRX
Originally Posted by TheFozz

That said I disagree with you whole-heartedly and simply choose to not ever agree with you seeing as that's an open ended blanket statement. All IMHO aside I then see you being able to take this statement and apply it to any other public or enlisted servant with a level of power.

In my entire life I have seen and done a lot of things. When I knowingly (deliberately or not) broke a code and was cited I deserved it, period. Out of those years there have only been 2-3 times I've been driving where something was either questionable or circumstantial and on those occasions I was sent along my merry way without a citation.

Everyone does bad, it's human nature. Own your faults and if there's something more we can talk about this over coffee at my spot out here.

Let's get back on topic.

So Everyone that has the LEO sign is a bad person?????????
Old 08-25-2013, 05:47 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by Rev. Rob Large
I have several friends and relatives who are law enforcement officers from various departments and branches, and I take personal offense to this statement. Every single one of them is a good, kind-hearted and well-mannered individual.

Try to sound less like a snotty juvenile who got smacked on the wrist one too many times when you make absolute statements like that.
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
Seriously, quoted for ignorance. Just because you may (or may not) have had bad experiences with law enforcement, does not automatically make ALL of them bad.

Ive been pulled over many times and 99% of the time I am at fault, and out of that ive been ticketed less than 50% of the time.

We have friends/members on here who are LEO and im pretty sure they are not bad people.
people (remembering I am older than about 90% of you) the fact is, its not the fault of said LEO, its the badge. Its power corrupts, it turns a otherwise good person into a rights abusing, power tripping person.

Its not even really that, its more the structure they are indoctrinated into. Academy, other officers, the very system teach them to mistrust citizens, to put themselves first (the whole "your job is to go home safe every night" thing) . Have I met a "good" cop...I can say perhaps 3 in my lifetime, that's a hell of a disparagement on the order of 1 in 50 or more (average numbers, yea I know, numbers are not direct proof).

Lets go back to the example at hand, this so called "turn too fast". You have a officer who rather than just ignore it (clearly by the Op's admittance was not anywhere near dangerous so for the sake of this argument we are going to say he was in the right and safe). Said LEO decided to take it on himself to detain the Op, question him, and otherwise profile him by the type of car he has.

If you don't see the problem there, then you are not paying attention.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:02 PM

Car Info: '11 STI
Originally Posted by TheFozz

Let's get back on topic.
there are never outliers or exceptions to a theory. EVER.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:24 PM

Car Info: 2011 Impreza 2.5i Dark Gray Metallic
According to DMV, under 07.A.09(3) the speed limit is 15 mph at intersections.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:14 PM

Car Info: 94 Integra beater: one Slow 3 Series RIP EvoX
we should install electronic monitors on all vehicles so when you break a law you are automatically sent a ticket. Speeding...bam ticket
red lights ran....bam ticket

Im down for that if I dont get profiled by another cop saying my OEM exhaust is too loud and proceed to look under the hood of my car scratching their head on what theyre looking at so they can give me a ticket and send me to state ref.
then I open the door to show them the BAR sticker inside the door jams and smile, as they proceed to rip up the ticket.

Red honda civic with an asian guy driving the SPEED LIMIT??? He MUST be up to no good with dem illegalz modz
Old 08-25-2013, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyScouse84
So Everyone that has the LEO sign is a bad person?????????
No I never said that, nor do I prescribe to that logic.

Originally Posted by flat489
there are never outliers or exceptions to a theory. EVER.
Good luck with that one. Also if you're going to invoke the Ten-Thousand-Hour-Rule and not cite where it's from and why it applies here it's just useless plagiarism.

OK, so we're to somehow believe a badge is Red-Kryptonite then? Really?

I'm trying to be civil guys. All I'm saying publicly is I know what people can be like, while at the same time reminding everyone we all have friends or family that have either been in Law Enforcement or within 3-5 friends know someone who is.

Bashing publicly on the board serves us no purpose other than to soil ourselves. Does OP have a legit concern, for sure. Do I feel bashing on a LEO or anyone of authority or position of control whether temporary or pemanent position is warranted, not in this case.

Last edited by TheFozz; 08-25-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
...I try to ignore most of what he says. I agree with some, dont with most. But lumping every LEO as all bad people, wow.
FWIW we do have this option still if anyone want's to make use of it: https://www.i-club.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist

(remembering I am older than about 90% of you)
"We are the 10%?"

Didn't our parents just call that "Mid-Life"?

Now, I'd seriously like to hear your logic from above, just not in this thread and not online. I disagree with what I am reading and want to know why you feel like that. Coffee or not, I won't argue this online.

Last edited by TheFozz; 08-25-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:43 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by Fendyman
According to DMV, under 07.A.09(3) the speed limit is 15 mph at intersections.
Can't cherry pick what it says, lol.

The speed limit is 15 MPH at intersections if during the last 100 feet approaching the intersection you cannot see the other roadways entering the intersection for a distance of at least 100 feet (blind intersection) and in alleyways.

I definitely could see more than 100 feet into the road I was turning onto. Hence, this law does not apply to the intersection.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:28 AM

Car Info: 09 WRX, 99 FOZ
Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo

It says "until such movement can be made with reasonable safety." There was no one else on the road, except in the 7-11 parking lot. I would consider that a safe scenario to make the turn, no? Again, please correct me if I'm wrong. Also, my turn signal was on (I'm one of the few who 99% of the time use my turn signal even with no one else around, just too much of a habit).
In his/her opinion your speed may have been unreasonably safe to make the turn whether or not your signal was on and whether or not it affected another driver.

It's difficult to give you his/her mindset on what he/she saw at the given time based solely on your side of the occurrence. Hope I could help.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:11 AM
Loves the Anime

Car Info: STWODUCES
the op got let go with a warning. all in all, just don't drive like an @$$hole and everything will be fine.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:29 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo
I just got pulled over for "turning too fast." His exact words were, "you have a quick car, so you think you can drive it like a go-kart? You took that turn too fast, maybe something around 35-40 mph." The officer, in general, was pretty nice and let me off with a warning so I didn't want to risk seeming like a dick and getting a ticket, so I didn't ask him what cvc I could have violated by turning too fast. However, I'm curious to know what he could have cited me for.

Quick setup of the scene. 12:30am, no cars on the road except in the parking lot on the side of the road. No pedestrians in sight, except for those in the 7-11 adjacent to the parking lot. Well lit road, can easily see all surroundings, clear weather and dry. Cruising at 40mph on the main road (which is the speed limit), down shift to third to engine brake a little into the turn without braking and then coast on the residential street until I hit 25mph. Continue cruising at 25, see a car pull up real quick on my tail and I think it's probably a cop, which it ended up being.

I'm asking purely out of my lack of knowledge of the CVC, and many of the CVC codes are open to interpretation. I know that a cop could give me a ticket for anything he felt like. However, I'm looking for what objectively he could have cited me for. Don't want to open a can of worms about cops, just looking for more information. The only thing I can think of is reckless driving, but no way is a 35mph engine braking turn willful disregard of persons or property.
It all depends on what CVC they write you up for. This is not illegal for speeding laws, but would be for things that would fall under exhibition of speed, etc.

He didn't write you a ticket because he's too ill-informed to know what CVC something like that would fall under.

I'm not a LEO, but I've got a good record fighting tickets. Including one I did for Trevor who did this, but ended up getting written up for speeding.

Last edited by joltdudeuc; 08-26-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:36 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by T-REX133
Just searched for it on google as I forgot, but this is one I would refer to if I were the LEO.

Turning Movements and Required Signals

22107. No person shall turn a vehicle from a direct course or move right or left upon a roadway until such movement can be made with reasonable safety and then only after the giving of an appropriate signal in the manner provided in this chapter in the event any other vehicle may be affected by the movement.
This would be pretty much unbeatable in court. It's vague, blanketing, and purely puts the word of the LEO up against yours.

I doubt I could fight a ticket against this.

Good thing probably zero LEOs even know to use that VC
Old 08-26-2013, 10:28 AM

people (remembering I am older than about 90% of you) the fact is, its not the fault of said LEO, its the badge. Its power corrupts, it turns a otherwise good person into a rights abusing, power tripping person.

Its not even really that, its more the structure they are indoctrinated into. Academy, other officers, the very system teach them to mistrust citizens, to put themselves first (the whole "your job is to go home safe every night" thing) . Have I met a "good" cop...I can say perhaps 3 in my lifetime, that's a hell of a disparagement on the order of 1 in 50 or more (average numbers, yea I know, numbers are not direct proof).

Lets go back to the example at hand, this so called "turn too fast". You have a officer who rather than just ignore it (clearly by the Op's admittance was not anywhere near dangerous so for the sake of this argument we are going to say he was in the right and safe). Said LEO decided to take it on himself to detain the Op, question him, and otherwise profile him by the type of car he has.

If you don't see the problem there, then you are not paying attention.
What I see here is an Officer who sees a problem, and rather than ignore it stopped the person and informed him to be more careful and safer. Maybe now the OP will think twice when turning on a residential at speed. Maybe at that speed, you don't always have the vision to see everything. And then be able to react in time...at that speed.

You haven't seen the amount of accidents and pain caused but something that fit this exact scenario. I can guarantee the officer has, lots of them.

That officer's job is to enforce the law and make the streets safer. And he simply informed the OP to be safer.

It's not the power of the badge that corrupts. It's seeing time and time again, giving someone a break, only to have that person break the law again and possibly cause damage.

Have you ever been let off from a speeding ticket....only to speed again later in the day? Hey, thanks Officer for letting me off. I'm going to speed again in about 20 minutes anyways.

It's human nature to make mistakes. It's human nature to feel that they always deserve 'a break'. It's also human nature to play the victim and devoid ones self from any wrong doing.

Most LEO's i know put their lives on the line to protect people they don't know. People they know probably don't deserve it. But they do it anyways.

OP was pulled over to protect not just the OP, but the lives of someone he might not have seen going into a residential area at speed.

just my 2 cents

Quick Reply: Question for the LEOs