Pulled over by SFPD for speeding on 101/280

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 06:01 PM

Car Info: wrx02
Originally Posted by VRT Gump
go stock, drive the speed limit, have the insurance in your car from now on, have a good day.

maybe you were not doing 80, but doing 65 in a 50 is still speeding, so he has all rights to pull you oaver, as psoper said. It does suck to get pulled over, but if you are speeding, you have no complaint. I was pissed when I got my ticket, but it was my fault so i paid and moved on.
I agree partially with this member. But if I do decide to plead guilty, I want officer's accusations/facts to be correct.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:25 PM

Car Info: 2001 Honda Oddysey
Originally Posted by willow
So, cop wrote you for doing 80mph. What was max speed limit he wrote on the ticket. If it is only 55mph, which makes you over 25mph - then you will not get a traffic school chance.
It just says that I was pacing over 80 mph.

I have actually tried extending a due date for a written declaration, and the clerk told me it wasnt allowed. But that was with the Alameda County courthouse. It may be different in SF?
Old 06-12-2009, 07:59 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by Ivegotthenuts
It just says that I was pacing over 80 mph.

I have actually tried extending a due date for a written declaration, and the clerk told me it wasnt allowed. But that was with the Alameda County courthouse. It may be different in SF?
Tell them you need more time to make money for the fine. They usually give you extension of 60 days to pay. Once you get that extension date, then you declare TBD about a week before. Well, that's how I'll do it.

So, officer didn't state max speed of that road given that day's condition? If I remember correctly, I think every speeding ticket requires your approx speed and max speed of the road.
This might apply to your condition.

VC 40503, “Every notice to appear or notice of violation and every complaint or information charging a violation of any provision of this code regulating the speed of vehicles upon a highway shall specify the approximate speed at which the defendant is alleged to have driven and exactly the prima facie or maximum speed limit applicable to the highway at the time and place of the alleged offense and shall state any other speed limit alleged to have been exceeded if applicable to the particular type of vehicle or combination of vehicles operated by the defendant
Old 06-12-2009, 09:25 PM

Car Info: 2001 Honda Oddysey
Originally Posted by willow
Tell them you need more time to make money for the fine. They usually give you extension of 60 days to pay. Once you get that extension date, then you declare TBD about a week before. Well, that's how I'll do it.

So, officer didn't state max speed of that road given that day's condition? If I remember correctly, I think every speeding ticket requires your approx speed and max speed of the road.
This might apply to your condition.

VC 40503, “Every notice to appear or notice of violation and every complaint or information charging a violation of any provision of this code regulating the speed of vehicles upon a highway shall specify the approximate speed at which the defendant is alleged to have driven and exactly the prima facie or maximum speed limit applicable to the highway at the time and place of the alleged offense and shall state any other speed limit alleged to have been exceeded if applicable to the particular type of vehicle or combination of vehicles operated by the defendant
That's what I'll do to get an extension on the written declaration.

Nope, ticket doesn't state the max speed.

Would I have to appear in court if I wanted to reduce the modified exhaust fine?
Old 06-13-2009, 01:50 PM

^^^Yes, if you want to get fine reduced right away. But that defeats the purpose of trial by declaration. I'm not too sure if you could only address the modified exhuast fine and not the rest once you stand before a judge.