Private Drag Busted by Union City Police at 4am 05/13/05??

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 12:49 PM

Car Info: 96' Impreza GM4
^ why do you...type....like this...
Old 05-15-2005, 01:22 PM

WHO Cares the cops know about it and they are cool just tell us to leave and no one causes probs, report it if you want i dont care. All of us out there have a good time no probs and no drama.
Old 05-15-2005, 02:06 PM

Car Info: 2001 Sedona Red OBS / 2016 FXT Touring
Originally Posted by BayareasBlackSt
MAN.i was the kid in the Blue Subby that got the gun pulled on.story is cops came chilled like around the block for a bit then we saw them. so we got to the car and tried to leave the parking lot. then 2 cops came thru and as i was traveling down the parking lot, they flipped the lights on and i was blocked off with a cop on a bike with his freakin gun pointed at me. gave me a ticket for Aid/Abid Speed Contest and Fail to Yield. i dont think pulling his gun out was neccessary because. wen i saw him get in front of me..i stopped right away. that cop pulled his gun and was pointed that thing at me and guy next to me like he was gonna shoot me...and all i did was try to leave the parking lot going like 10 mph. Officer said. he's going to give me Fail to Yield because...the other cop "point and said" stop. and how was i to see her if i was like 20ft away from her with like 10 cars behind me.
wow, that didnt sound as bad as my friend made it seem. what was the rest of the story? you guys just trying to have running cars? what other cars were there?
Old 05-15-2005, 03:16 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by NORCAL STI
WHO Cares the cops know about it and are slowly building a case against us, but me being a punk *** street racer, I'll roll on my buds by turning State's witness.
Report it if you want i dont care, 'cause mommy will bail me out. All of us out there have a good time endangering our worthless lives.
No probs, no brains, and no drama.
I think this is what you meant to say.

Last edited by FW Motorsports; 05-15-2005 at 06:48 PM.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:18 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by BayareasBlackSt
there i fixed it. Happy
I'll be happy when your off the road & no longer a danger to my kids.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:25 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by NORCAL STI
this is why im glad i race in the city still. sf brotherhood way and behind candlestick is still going on a lot!!!
You know we have a CHP officer on I-club right?

:rotfl:
Old 05-15-2005, 03:30 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS (really slow)
Originally Posted by motoracr22
^ why do you...type....like this...
are you speaking to me?
Old 05-15-2005, 04:48 PM

Car Info: N/A
It's fight time *Ding*Ding
Old 05-15-2005, 05:21 PM

Car Info: '05 STI
Street racing is the new poster child for the whiney scared citizens of America in search of more laws and police. Do you know that deaths from DWI accidents per year outnumber deaths from all other crimes put together (including murder, reckless driving, and street racing)? They need to start spending our tax money on DUI training instead of patrolling for street racers. They need to start patrolling out in front of the bars.

I'm not pro street racing or anything, I know it's stupid, but come on. I don't street race, but I know that occasionally I drive a little too fast: like when getting onto the freeway onramp when there aren't many other cars around. I don't care what you say, you'll never get me to believe that you drive like a little old lady on the street when you'll own a sports car, pay money to make it faster, and even talk about it in an online community. You're a hobbiest like me, and I'm sure you drive over the speed limit on occasion. "I only do it when it's safe" shutup...they were safe and "alone" when they were "parking lot racing."
Old 05-15-2005, 05:30 PM

Car Info: N/A
Originally Posted by jonp
"I only do it when it's safe" shutup...they were safe and "alone" when they were "parking lot racing."
Are you really safe when your racing in a uncontrolled enviroment? Ponder that for a minute.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by gh0st shad0w
Are you really safe when your racing in a uncontrolled enviroment? Ponder that for a minute.
Exactly.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:54 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS (really slow)
It's fight time *Ding*Ding
LOL
Old 05-15-2005, 06:54 PM

Car Info: 2001 Sedona Red OBS / 2016 FXT Touring
ok does anyone else know anything else about what happened. its not that i dont enjoy a nice street racing debate but if i wanted a debate i would've titled it "street racing debate." the story is starting to get interesting. especially with the other thread that branched off:

https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/fail-yield-vc2800-question-99361/

anyone else have more info they would like to add? pulease..
Old 05-16-2005, 11:23 AM

Car Info: '05 STI
No, you're not safe doing either of the 2. I was just making the point that everyone that didn't buy a sports car to grow a bigger *****, probably drives it fast every once in a while. Street racing in a large enough vacant parking lot is probably as safe as doing 80 around an onramp to get on the freeway when there's nobody around.

Like I said, I'm not pro street racing or anything, I just hate how the whole community is acting out against it so much lately...Hell, I just got a pamphlet from Geiko with a "How to tell if your kids are streetracing" story on the cover! The point is: **** spending all this attention/money on street racing when something like DWI accidents kills more people than Murder, Street Racing, and the San Jose P.D. combined. (The pamplet basically stated that any horsepower or handling mods to a car meant you're a street racer. It was bad)

Originally Posted by Rad One
ok does anyone else know anything else about what happened. its not that i dont enjoy a nice street racing debate but if i wanted a debate i would've titled it "street racing debate." the story is starting to get interesting. especially with the other thread that branched off:

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99361

anyone else have more info they would like to add? pulease...
I have a friend that works for the CHP who I asked about it. He said he didn't know that much about it, but the officer who pulled the gun had to file a report about why he drew his weapon. He said it was the standard: guy has weapon pointed at you, so you draw yours in defense. A car is considered a weapon in CA if you use it to hurt someone intentionally, so I'm not surprised that even if the kid wasn't driving very fast the officer drew his weapon. This isn't Holleywood, and diving out of the way of a speeding car isn't an easy thing to do.

Quick Reply: Private Drag Busted by Union City Police at 4am 05/13/05??