Private Drag Busted by Union City Police at 4am 05/13/05??

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 02:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
my fault
Old 05-14-2005, 02:39 PM

Car Info: '07 STI
you know... if people are doing stupid things when they go street race, then they deserve whatever they get from the police.... but in my opinion, if this was a private run, and no one other then the people involved are in danger, then it shouldn't be as big of a deal. i'm sure there are other members in this forum who would enjoy a lil street run excitement.... i know i did... but again, if it endangers other peoples' lives, then yes, they do deserve to get punished...

just my lil 2 cents
Old 05-14-2005, 02:40 PM

plus, i really think someone ought to open a track in this area rather then being more then a hour away... i always fall asleep during that ride...
Old 05-14-2005, 03:25 PM

Car Info: SGM 135i
i agree, the 7th street "runs" was perfectly fine, it was just a group of ppl that wanted to race. It was legit with flaggers and they yield to traffic, (most of the time) the problem has been fall outs that aren't good enough for the real side shows come to the runs and attract the cop's attention. Personally, i'm fine with private runs that's organized, it gives the young ones a place to vent and it gives them something to do rather than committing other more serious crimes or ruining their lives with drugs. It's the few that are stupid and ignorant that ruin it for the rest. besides, not everyone can afford the 2 bills to go to the track, not to mention the gas.
Old 05-14-2005, 03:48 PM

Just because the cops came and you try and leave doesn't mean you are resisiting arrest. If they turn their lights on or something that's different, also i would just keep driving if a cop had his gun drawn, it's not like he can't shoot you, if he follows just pull over.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:05 PM

Car Info: evo8
street racing no matter private or not is still illegal take it to the track.if you can afford a car and mod it then why not save money for the track also while youre at it.these rules are made to save a life which goes for everybody,it might suck at times but thats how life is.just think about it also this is one of the reason modded cars gets pulled over also even tho they go to the track and drive careful on the streets.

and its pretty clear that when they draw their gun out you are being ordered to halt and and not doing what they are telling you to do is resisting arrest.youll be better off to just turn off your car and put the keys in the dash.that way they know that youre cooperating and they might let you go with a warning instead.just my .02
Old 05-14-2005, 10:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
Just because the cops came and you try and leave doesn't mean you are resisiting arrest. If they turn their lights on or something that's different, also i would just keep driving if a cop had his gun drawn, it's not like he can't shoot you, if he follows just pull over.
yeah do that and i asure youll be leaving your car in a body bag...

trust me if im the cops and some a**hole is coming in my direction to try and get away, id have my gun drawn and ready to kill

cause at the end of the day a cops real job is to go home alive
edgar,
Old 05-14-2005, 10:54 PM

Car Info: 2001 Sedona Red OBS / 2016 FXT Touring
yeah my friends that are cadets in varies police depts in diferent cities that that "to serve and to protect" or "to protect the innocent" motto stuff is all hollywood. their real motto is "to get home safe." i think thats kinda whack..
Old 05-15-2005, 03:06 AM

Car Info: 03wrx =]
meh... i kinda understand some of what the street racers gotta go through.
sometimes you just want to unwind your car and have a lil fun with it.
and no i dont street race, never even attempted launching my car (glass tranny )

going to the track @ 150 a pop can get expensive fast. Most ppl only go a few times a year. keep in mind that im not condoning street racing, just thinking it would be great if we lived next to a vast deserted desert with flat land. so you could test your car w/o endangering property and people... oh well.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:57 AM

in all honesty, the people running the cities need to realize that street racing in this area wont stop unless they open up an affordable track IN this area! Infinion isnt expensive, but it's sooooo freakin far from SF and anyone on this side of the bay! and it's only Wednesdays. who in their right minds that has school and work can make it out to that? as for road racing for tracks, i think the cost is just too high for people to afford. the mind set is that why pay for track racing, when there are plenty of decent backroads that's free? however, the risk of putting people's lives in danger is there, so iono... i think we just need a cheaper track solution.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:08 AM
Ash

Car Info: 02 WRX wgn full STI swap
Let me just say that I appreciate the general tone of this thread and the fact that most of us recognize street racing as a dangerous (no matter how safe), and illegal hobby. If there aren't walls lights and an ambulance standing by... it's not safe. If it wasn't for the street racing problems all over california ( mostly so-cal) I don't believe we'd be as bothered about modding our cars by law enforcement. Another case of a stupid minority ruining it for the rest of us with common sense. I know a guy in santa cruz (friend of a friend) who told me that he was racing for money to mod his cars both times he crashed and totalled them. niether of them was his fault.

I'm sorry for preaching out guys... It just really sucked when I got sent to the ref for doing absolutely nothing wrong and had to put her back to stock from stage four because the CHP is cracking down on modders to prevent street racing.

Maybe we could start a club of tuners against street racing that's supports law enforcment to show that not all of us are stupid. maybe some exclusive liscence plate frames or stickers.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:32 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS (really slow)
Originally Posted by Ash
Let me just say that I appreciate the general tone of this thread and the fact that most of us recognize street racing as a dangerous (no matter how safe), and illegal hobby. If there aren't walls lights and an ambulance standing by... it's not safe. If it wasn't for the street racing problems all over california ( mostly so-cal) I don't believe we'd be as bothered about modding our cars by law enforcement. Another case of a stupid minority ruining it for the rest of us with common sense. I know a guy in santa cruz (friend of a friend) who told me that he was racing for money to mod his cars both times he crashed and totalled them. niether of them was his fault.

I'm sorry for preaching out guys... It just really sucked when I got sent to the ref for doing absolutely nothing wrong and had to put her back to stock from stage four because the CHP is cracking down on modders to prevent street racing.

Maybe we could start a club of tuners against street racing that's supports law enforcment to show that not all of us are stupid. maybe some exclusive liscence plate frames or stickers.

Wont ever happen...sorry, the goverment would go broke, and the CHP would be dispaned...thats all they do is write frivolous/rediculous tickets regradeless if you obay all traffic safety and procedure laws.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:59 AM

this is why im glad i race in the city still. sf brotherhood way and behind candlestick is still going on a lot!!!
Old 05-15-2005, 12:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by NORCAL STI
this is why im glad i race in the city still. sf brotherhood way and behind candlestick is still going on a lot!!!
Way to post that on a public forum, genius...

/me notifies CHP

Quick Reply: Private Drag Busted by Union City Police at 4am 05/13/05??