Prius Anonymous, Who else owns one?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 12:31 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Originally Posted by evsoul
i don't get why you're embarrassed to drive a car with excellent MPG
+1

I would love to have a Prius to daily drive and keep the STi in the nice safe garage until I felt like playing.

The Prius is a nice car, very quiet (damn near silent), low emmisions, I would definitely buy one if I had the disposable income.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:50 PM

Car Info: 05 STI
Personally I just bought a 1500$ 1990 Acura Integra. It's a pile of junk, but gets me 31 mpg with city driving. The sti can now sit in the garage and with gas prices going up I only have to fill the sti up once every couple weeks instead of once every 4-5 days. To me, spending that kind of money on a car that is supposed to save money seems foolish. But that's my opinion on it. I have family members with hybrids and they love them, but the higher price tag on the cars just doesn't seem worth it to me.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:07 PM

Car Info: 04 AW WRX
personally id get a honda fit! they are only like 14K new and get almost the same mileage as a prius and dont look super lame, i kinda like the looks actually and I valet and i drove one last night i kinda like the interior of them and i hate valeting the prius they are so stupid
Old 06-06-2008, 01:42 PM

Car Info: '05 WRX STi
My brother bought an '06 Honda Civic Hybrid. He drives around the bay area as a Network Analyst. Saves him a ton of loot and time (car pool stickers) I think the Honda is much nicer than the Prius in every way. Much better styling and comfort (I can't ride in the back seat of a Prius w/o hitting my head on the roof!)
Old 06-06-2008, 01:53 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
I'd actually get some coilovers, flat black it and put it on some rota slips
Old 06-06-2008, 02:14 PM

Car Info: 02 aspen white WRX
all the prius drivers that I have seen, they drive like they are in a F1 or something.
Tailgating, weaving through traffic and s**t.
I wonder if they drive like that because they have high MPG, or because the acceleration is so smooth??
Old 06-06-2008, 02:18 PM

Car Info: 1994 impreza L
you know what I want? A turbo 1.0l hybrid MR car. Just think of the possibilities... regenerative braking, electric motor to offset boost lag, excellent handling, ridiculous off-boost MPG, and yet you still have healthy top-end. Wrap that up with a 5-speed, and it's got my vote.

I don't care either way about the prius, my teg gets 31mpg, as long as their drivers stay outta my way I'm cool
Old 06-06-2008, 02:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
My wife works for the PD, my father in law works for the pd and if I tinted the front windows i would have to listen to how illegal it is to tint the front until i took the damn thing off. NOt worth the *****ing.
get one of those bukakka shields then
Old 06-06-2008, 02:42 PM

Car Info: '02 silver WRX sedan
Originally Posted by Overbear
Perhaps its the fact he has done twice the dammage to the enviroment by buying a prius, than he would have with a 1982 toyota. Just in chemicals and resorces alone for the batteries brings the total dammage done to above what a stock WRX will do in 5 years of its life on the road.

Or... perhaps he knows its a hippie car and marks him as a purse carrying wuss for driving one
LOL.

Are you sure you've done much research on nickel batteries??? You realize the battery in your car most likely contains lead. Just how good for the environment are lead acid batteries? Please, remind me. And why is lead mining healthier for the environment than nickel?

Also, re: nickel - you may want to check your coin jar. You could be destroying the environment as we speak, one nickel at a time. I also take it you don't have a digital camera, cell phone or anything else that uses NH batteries.

Also, re: nickel - nickel has been around a bit longer than the Prius. I hope on that we can agree. Just how much nickel is evil Toyota buying from the Sudbury nickel mines? I believe about 1-2% (Sudbury mines @ 15% of the world's nickel).

Perhaps you should target your anti-nickel campaign elsewhere - the only way you could have any worse of an argument against NH batteries would be to quote the thoroughly debunked "Dust to Dust" article.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:45 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Originally Posted by rvenosa
LOL.

Also, re: nickel - you may want to check your coin jar. You could be destroying the environment as we speak, one nickel at a time.
That made me laugh.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:49 PM
cal

Car Info: 03
Originally Posted by mhl23
all the prius drivers that I have seen, they drive like they are in a F1 or something.
Tailgating, weaving through traffic and s**t.
I wonder if they drive like that because they have high MPG, or because the acceleration is so smooth??
haha I notice that too. I see a lot zooming by in the fast lane going probably 90
Old 06-06-2008, 03:49 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Originally Posted by kspek
get one of those bukakka shields then

Reporting for the bukakke
Old 06-06-2008, 04:01 PM

I wouldn't mind driving one. Just think about it, you tint the front they can sign off on a fix it ticket. Not to mention the prius comes with HID..
Old 06-06-2008, 04:04 PM

Car Info: *WiDe AnD LoW*
Originally Posted by Gibz
well soon i am sure a lot of people are gonna be driving them or scooters hehe.. personally i would rather be in a prius than on a scooter. Just think all the money you could save driving it you could get some mods for the wrx
I wouldnt get a hybrid. Ive been considering buying a honda ruckus though....those things are bada$$.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
hell yes!

Quick Reply: Prius Anonymous, Who else owns one?