Pre ordered a BRZ Limited today

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 09:25 AM

Car Info: FR-S + WRB Bugeye.
Originally Posted by herrjr
didn't think about it before, but that's about an inch or so from the S2K - NICE - I'm sure you're gonna love it!

oh, and it's R205 and S206
Oops. Thank you sir
Old 03-30-2012, 09:31 AM

Car Info: 90 325is
Originally Posted by Alliedforces86
I'm thinking the calipers are straight off an Impreza. I have an extra set of them laying around so I'm going to test my theory soon after I get the car. I want Brembos on it, at least in the front. But if the rears are also from an Impreza then brackets can be bought, I'll just need rotors . But I'll take you up on the offer if its not a easy bolt on.
thatd be nice if they bolted right up!
Old 03-30-2012, 11:32 AM

Oooooh snap! Read this! Things just got awesome!

This is from motoiq's article on the frs, pics are from the garage of Greddy USA and their frs. So they've done their research on this subject already.

Name:  338a65b0.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  134.8 KB
Old 03-30-2012, 12:04 PM

Car Info: 2013 STI Limited and 1998 Legacy GT Wagon
Originally Posted by Alliedforces86
Here's a good body size comparison*

Wow, now that's some perspective. I knew it was going to be small, but damn!
Old 03-30-2012, 12:13 PM

does DRILLING the rotors again make them weaker more prone to cracking during a track day?
Old 03-30-2012, 12:15 PM

You can look at RACECOMPENGINEERING review, they put some springs on, and I believe sti rear sway bar fits, not sure what else.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by slow04wrx
does DRILLING the rotors again make them weaker more prone to cracking during a track day?
Not that I know of, but if the calipers bolt right on then the rotors should be about the same size a STI ones, I still have to compare, but I don't see why you couldn't just use 04 STI rotors all around.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
I'm getting tired of people saying the car can't use more power. For me I want it's too expensive not to have some more torque. I like torque. Also for a SUBARU BOXER engine, this thing is far from impressive other than its good low end torque relative to its overall # which is still very minimal. It's not a superb example of the boxer by any means. Number 2 what better car to have more power than one built to handle so well?

For me I don't think the car NEEDS more power, for me if I spend 30,000 dollars I want to have some more torque not to win any drag races, but solely for fun b/c I love torque and I'm accustomed to subaru motors delivery high outputs of it, not on the low end of the spectrum.

Thats why there should be a reg, and hopefully an sti model for those who want it.
Weird, I don't think I have ever heard anyone say that the car cannot use more power. What I am hearing is black and white - some people say it's fine, while others say it needs more power.

Any car "can use" more power but that is not at all what I am talking about. It sounds like you would be much better suited with an LSX powered 240SX.

Yes, torque is pretty fun - shoot I just sold a 2010 Camaro SS - but for me personally, the most fun comes from squeezing every drop of performance out of a small engine - not having enough power so that I don't have to learn how to navigate a corner......

Originally Posted by Giibo
I've never heard so much *****'n and moaning about a car that someone hasn't even driven yet!
Oh wow, really? This is pretty normal actually. The less people know, the more they like to talk about it! The months preceding the release of the 350Z were pretty painful. Same deal with the '01 M3. The list goes on.

Sure it doesn't have the power and torque most people crave...but that's not the point. If you wanted that, why not just buy a WRX? This car is a throwback to the AE86 - lightweight, RWD, and affordable (relative to competitor cars). We all know there will be a huge aftermarket that will take care of power/torque - so why fret?
You seem to get it, and that's great! I think people fret because they see an ad that shows a car and a numerical HP figure, then they see another with a lower figure, and they think this means something. I get frustrated when people say the car needs more power for many reasons. Mostly because I usually drive light, lower powered cars around which is frustrating when you are surrounded by cars with more power being driven by drivers who don't care enough about driving to pay attention.

People have asked me if my Justy will go up a hill, or if it will reach the speed limit. This is probably because it has a 1.2L 3 cylinder engine. But, when I am out on HWY 9 wishing the person in the DBS or 997TT would get the fork out of my way, I have never wished the car had "more power" - just that other people would use theirs more effectively. It's really the same deal on race tracks. The last time I took my '02 MR2 Spyder out on a track I was on street tires using 87 octane being constantly held up by drivers in cars with 2 and 3 times the power.

In fact I think cars today are far too powerful, and far too forgiving. It gets worse every year. Just this morning I saw some dude do something in a brand new BMW where "natural selection" would have kept the rest of us safer had he been in a car without electronic aids.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: AWD & RWD JDM
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Just this morning I saw some dude do something in a brand new BMW where "natural selection" would have kept the rest of us safer had he been in a car without electronic aids.
but then we would lose out on the fun of seeing such guys call other cars ****boxes LMAO

it's the same case now (more than ever) as it was before the prevalence of technology - there are drivers, and there are people that think that they're drivers (aka posers) - posers buy cars that make them feel "fast" (and win magazine/internet debates or comparisons), while drivers buy cars that allow them to be fast NATURALLY - we all know that there are more posers than there are drivers, so of course more cars are sold to that segment of buyers
Old 03-30-2012, 02:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Unhappy

Originally Posted by herrjr
it's the same case now (more than ever) as it was before the prevalence of technology - there are drivers, and there are people that think that they're drivers (aka posers) - posers buy cars that make them feel "fast" (and win magazine/internet debates or comparisons), while drivers buy cars that allow them to be fast NATURALLY - we all know that there are more posers than there are drivers, so of course more cars are sold to that segment of buyers
Word.

-Brian
Old 03-30-2012, 03:06 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
+1 on not needing more power on some cars

ive had my wrx for 4 years, done a whole bunch of modifications and i have yet to change out the downpipe for more power...its quick enough stock and even better with the AP stg1 because it smooths out the powerband

best mods i did were STi LCA and whiteline ALK
Old 03-30-2012, 07:20 PM

Car Info: '14 Odyssey & '13 Prius
Take a ride in a Spec Miata and you'll have a great appreciation for "momentum" cars. Driver skill is much more important than claimed 265 hp.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:07 PM

Take a ride in a Spec Miata and you'll have a great appreciation for "momentum" cars. Driver skill is much more important than claimed 265 hp.
I agree, I've seen them blow away ferraris, and A ferrari challenge race was one of the worst races i've seen. I understand, but I don't think 50hp is going to make this a car that can't carry it's momentum or put its power down.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:14 AM

Car Info: 90 325is
I learned this driving a suzuki samurai around for a couple years. On back roads i would keep up with my friends gsr. In theory he should have left me in the dust but i could drive a hell of a lot better than him because i knew how to keep it moving.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:54 AM

So I got to get my hands on the BRZ last night after work. Drove to Stevens Creek Subaru and checked out the Premium Automatic they have in the showroom. I'm very impressed with this car. It's nice and compact, but has plenty of room in the cabin, for the front seats that is. Driver position is spot on, pedals are placed a lot better than the WRX, and the seats hold you snug, the best oem seats usdm Subaru has ever had in their cars.

After being there for about 30 minutes finger fu*%ing everything I could on the car, a salesman told me that Capitol Subaru down the highway had a Limited 6MT! So we got in the car and drove straight there. Sat in the car for about 20 minutes, going through the gears, seeing how the heel-toe felt, and getting a feel for the leather interior. I must say that the extra $ you'll pay for a limited is worth it when you compare it to a Premium, it is STI quality and that's what you feel like you're sitting in. Everything is black, headliner, plastics, doorcards, no need for interior swaps. I actually couldn't find anything I'd want to change out in the interior, besides a Derlin STI ****.

The only thing it needs on the outside is the STI front lip(but I could live without one since it still looks great.) Brembos from a 08+ STI and some wheels that will clear. Other than that for me the car would stay quite stock. Maybe some STI bushings for the rear links. But I was trying to find things I did not like about the car, and couldn't find anything to complain about. I can't wait to have this car in my driveway, it's a home run from Subaru, and will be loved by all who experience it for many years to come.

Quick Reply: Pre ordered a BRZ Limited today