Pre ordered a BRZ Limited today

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 12:51 AM

Car Info: FR-S + WRB Bugeye.
Originally Posted by Heedz
I wanna see if I can test drive one out here (Japan).
Yea you should try! I'm sure you'd have the chance before any of us here in the states. Let us know how it goes if you do.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:19 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by Alliedforces86
Yea you should try! I'm sure you'd have the chance before any of us here in the states. Let us know how it goes if you do.
We will see. If anything they're having a battle GT-86 vs FR-S at Tsukuba so I'll get to see all that.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:44 PM

Sti brz it"s offical
Old 03-29-2012, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by slow04wrx
Sti brz it"s offical
Yea it was a matter of time. But I'll still buy one now, I'll just trade it in for the STI when it comes and if it's worth it by the time I've modded mine out. I can't wait a year or two, mainly cause my old integra is dying.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
not to hate on the brz (I want one as soon as a turbo sti one comes out) at all but a girl friend of mine said wow all my friends think that car is super cute. I sure hope it does not turn into the next Jetta or TC!
Jettas and TCs are FWD.

Also, this:

2013 Subaru BRZ [w/video]

-Brian
Old 03-29-2012, 03:43 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX
I'm surprised people are buying these without having driven them, especially when their selling point is so heavily based on how they (supposedly) drive.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by akdmx
I'm surprised people are buying these without having driven them, especially when their selling point is so heavily based on how they (supposedly) drive.
All you have to do is watch all the videos on YouTube, they paint the picture for you. Everyone can't be lying if they're all saying how fun of a car it is to drive.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:10 PM

RACECOMP did an article on the BRZ,

I found this statement the most interesting;

"But that’s just it….this car STOCK on a twisty road will RUN AWAY from a stage 2 STi."
Old 03-29-2012, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
Jettas and TCs are FWD.

Also, this:

-Brian
Good article.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:20 PM

RACECOMP did an article on the BRZ,

I found this statement the most interesting;

"But that’s just it….this car STOCK on a twisty road will RUN AWAY from a stage 2 STi."
That's a tall claim. Though it's hard to use all that power on a twisty road, and Imprezas are known for understeer as well, so I could believe that statement.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Alliedforces86
That's a tall claim. Though it's hard to use all that power on a twisty road, and Imprezas are known for understeer as well, so I could believe that statement.
It is a tall claim. Really they only understeer when pushed beyond the limit, if you experience detrimental understeer on canyon roads in an sti you aren't doing it right. I felt my st. 2 sti was probably the fastest car on canyon roads I've ever driven, even though my current one has close to 100whp more. The pretty good braking, loads of grip and most importantly the ability to change directions incredibly fast and put down the power. I've yet to see a more impressive car on bumpy tight canyons. So to say the BRZ stoCK of all things will not just hang with one but leave on behind, that seems like something worth checking out.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:23 PM

It is a tall claim. Really they only understeer when pushed beyond the limit, if you experience detrimental understeer on canyon roads in an sti you aren't doing it right. I felt my st. 2 sti was probably the fastest car on canyon roads I've ever driven, even though my current one has close to 100whp more. The pretty good braking, loads of grip and most importantly the ability to change directions incredibly fast and put down the power. I've yet to see a more impressive car on bumpy tight canyons. So to say the BRZ stoCK of all things will not just hang with one but leave on behind, that seems like something worth checking out.
Yeah most that have understeer while "spirited driving" aren't doing it right, like you stated. I thought my stg2 bugeye was fast in the twisties, though my buddy in his T2 Fc Rx7 could hang on my tail, and I'd like to think I'm an experience driver; rallyX racing experience and descent gocart driver. Anyway, I CAN'T WAIT to drive this car! I hope to take it to some track days to really push it, I'm not a fan of going fast on the street anymore. Just not worth it. But I'm excited to say the least.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: AWD & RWD JDM
They're talking about driving impression, and frankly I don't think it's a tall claim at all. Owning a GV (at stage 2 power though technically "stage 1") compared to my stock CR (which is more powerful than the BRZ, but also heavier), the CR feels WAY faster than the GV along Calaveras, for example. Since I don't have lap times, it's hard to determine the truth of it; but feeling-wise, I completely agree with their statement. The STI is a boat to drive when you consider the stock suspension, tires, and seats.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:35 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
Jettas and TCs are FWD.

Also, this:

-Brian
A girl does not trip off what wheel drive it is lol, if its "cute" and does not cost a lot! It will make them get it! as for power is 197hp and 0-60 in 7 seconds!!! Are you kiding me lol. I will work one in my gsr typr r all day and its stock lol

Last edited by 04caliwrx; 03-29-2012 at 05:55 PM. Reason: to keep subiOCD happy
Old 03-29-2012, 05:42 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
i girl does not trip off what wheel drive it is lol, its "cute" and does not cost a lot so it will make them get it! as for power is 197hp and 0-60 in s seconds!!! are you kiding me lol. I will work one in my gsr typr r all day and its stock lol
Jesus man, your posts are terrible. Half of them are unreadable jibberish (like this one). s seconds?? Take some time on that keyboard and use some proper sentence structure

Quick Reply: Pre ordered a BRZ Limited today